AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how hard would it be to remove the stock part? that would be great for a trunk pistol if the stock part can be easily removed and tossed away.
View Quote

A Pistol Approved Version is on the way!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/695656_Adjustable_AR15_Brace_approved_by_BATF.html

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in if good deal on 9mm buffer group buy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm in if good deal on 9mm buffer group buy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Interested in group buy
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I placed an order on Maxim's website on the 22nd... No status updates. I called on the 25th to try to upgrade the shipping because the website only offered free shipping. No call back. On the 26th I sent them a PM on FaceBook, no reply. Not sure what's going on over there, but for a $400 dollar stock I would hope for better customer service. Really wanted to take my new build out for a test drive today. I would buy this from a 3rd party that has it in stock if you want it expodited.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I placed an order on Maxim's website on the 22nd... No status updates. I called on the 25th to try to upgrade the shipping because the website only offered free shipping. No call back. On the 26th I sent them a PM on FaceBook, no reply. Not sure what's going on over there, but for a $400 dollar stock I would hope for better customer service. Really wanted to take my new build out for a test drive today. I would buy this from a 3rd party that has it in stock if you want it expodited.
View Quote

They were unresponsive to my attempts to reach them as well, though I did not try through FaceBook. I'd written them off, but found a local individual selling a used one at a reasonable price. Also, I wanted to experiment a little (used the short JP SCSS in a LWRCI short buffer tube on a 300BLK and built my own heavier captured spring sys for the Maxim Def stock) and the local Guy's sale enabled that. I like the stock and my tinkering with the components has worked perfectly, but I'm not sure I'd buy another based on your experience and my own through (admittedly limited) attempts at communication. They could be a great bunch and may have just been really busy, but are some really nice options out there to consider. I do need to qualify the above by saying that there is nothing wrong with the product. It is a near perfect execution of this type of short PDW stock. I might have made the butt plate just a bit longer top to bottom, but that's probably just a bit of
nit pickery on my part.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you ever contact them to just cancel your order? Or did they simply never even try to complete it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you ever contact them to just cancel your order? Or did they simply never even try to complete it?
View Quote

I never attempted the order after not being able to get an answer to my question, so I wasn't as invested as you are. It was easy enough for me to consider moving in a different direction and I only worked myself back into the Maxim stock when I found one locally almost by accident. I hope you get your stock and find it worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully by now you got tracking on your order. I have a Safety Harbor KES PDW, HK Parts PDW and a Maxim Defense CQB PDW. I got to mess with Tory's newest PDW at NRA Show and out of all the PDW's I have first hand experience with Maxim Defense is the best....IMO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I made contact today. Apparently there's only one guy processing orders for them and he's been out of the country... Anyway I was told that I should have it by Friday. I have the Troy Tomohawk standard on one of my current builds right now. The catch for the buffer system that makes it compatible with a standard BCG is finicky, but it works. Overall I like the Troy, but not having to deal with the takedown issues is what drove me to the Maxim stock. I'll keep the Troy on a Safe Queen that I don't have to clean often, or take down much. My next buy is the FosTech Echo trigger.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:54:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this better than the Battle Arms Vert stock?

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/vert-stock-system-pdw-stock
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't personally have any experience with the BAD stock. It looks pretty awesome though. I'd love to get one and do a side by side review of it vs Maxim's & Troy's. Cost wise It seems spendy for something with so many BCG limitations. But takedown looks just as simple as Maxim's. It's an OZ heavier than Maxim's. And it is about 1/2" shorter than Maxim's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I made contact today. Apparently there's only one guy processing orders for them and he's been out of the country... Anyway I was told that I should have it by Friday. I have the Troy Tomohawk standard on one of my current builds right now. The catch for the buffer system that makes it compatible with a standard BCG is finicky, but it works. Overall I like the Troy, but not having to deal with the takedown issues is what drove me to the Maxim stock. I'll keep the Troy on a Safe Queen that I don't have to clean often, or take down much. My next buy is the FosTech Echo trigger.
View Quote

Probably a good place for it...  I wouldn't rely on one at all.

disclaimer: I'm assuming you're talking about the one with the integrated buffer/BCG combo.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#15]
If I ever figure out how to post pictures here with my iPhone I'll you guys what I'm talking about with the Troy stock. It works with my Odin works BCG. But you need three hands to take the upper off when using it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Got the stock today.. Looks great on my current build: https://imgur.com/a/OiQDH
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#17]
guarantees nose to charging handle....
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Maxim PDW stock and it is running great with 5.56 and 7.62x39 with their customized JP captured buffer system (standard version).  I chose Maxim b/c it will run with standard carriers as well as function in 9mm setups (if you get the 9mm buffer system).  I had one fail to fire during its first range session but once I got it home I noticed the buffer tube backed off two or so rotations as I didn't torque it enough.  Next range day after properly torqued, I had zero issues and the ejection pattern between 3 and 4:30...
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Even at $250 it would be too much.  I really like it but I cant justify that price.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Opinions vary but the Maxim CQB with the JP Silent Spring is worth the money. My SBR will be almost an exact clone of the photo and it'll have a complete 300 BO upper - almost identical. Next stop is a 9mm upper that uses Glock mags. Everything except the 9mm will be completed within a week from now. This was my inspiration:

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Opinions vary but the Maxim CQB with the JP Silent Spring is worth the money. My SBR will be almost an exact clone of the photo and it'll have a complete 300 BO upper - almost identical. Next stop is a 9mm upper that uses Glock mags. Everything except the 9mm will be completed within a week from now. This was my inspiration:

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#22]
It's cool & exceptionally well made. Next stop - binary trigger. I also am building an almost exact  duplicate of the upper in 300 BO. Looking for a good used folding pistil grip and a complete 9mm upper w/BCG. The shorter the barrel the better,
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Sweet baby Jesus...

Who makes the hand guard FF? I have to know.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sweet baby Jesus...

Who makes the hand guard FF? I have to know.
View Quote

It looks like a SLR Solo Select Series Handguard
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It looks like a SLR Solo Select Series Intrepid Handguard
View Quote
, or maybe a knockoff since it doesn't have SLR engraved on it.  Not sure, but it sure looks like the SLR.  SLR makes very good stuff!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:31:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#27]

I am pretty happy with the stock. 550 rounds without a problem. It's got the standard spring/buffer, contemplating the JP Silent though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll add this one.

The stock wasn't the 9mm variant which is ok because I'd made my own heavy version of a captured spring system. The JP Spring system that came with the stock went into a short LWRCI receiver extension that I used on a 300BLK SBR. I had to fab a short spacer to make it the right length, but it works great.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#29]
That would go very very well with a DI 45 ACP SBR build 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]

like this?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Yep!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#33]
MD stock works great on my 10.5" LWRC.

Here it's on my dedicated 22lr upper.

screen shot
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is my take on the Honey Badger:
8.5" FN CHF 300blk Barrel with SLR IonLite rail and Robar NP3plus BCG, BCM Gunfighter charging handle, Aimpoint Micro with Scalar 1/3 cowitness.
Cerakote Cobalt on the upper, rail, lower, and stock interface. Cerakote Elite Black on everything else.
V7 titanium gas block w/ inconel tube, ti mag catch, ti safety, ti takedown pins, ti ejection port cover.
Wating on SSA trigger, BUIS, and I was out of bolt catch springs.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top