Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2016 5:29:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]

The Russican accent was a nice touch.

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a good update. Any word on weight?
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a good update. Any word on weight?
View Quote

I will wait for the weight.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
DAMN YOU MAGPUL - Your products keep me perpetually broke
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish that MLOK portion were replaced with a flip down and adjustable monopod rather than serve as a base to stack something that you can stack a monopod on!
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am sure a M-LOK mono pod will be available in short order.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish that MLOK portion were replaced with a flip down and adjustable monopod rather than serve as a base to stack something that you can stack a monopod on!

I am sure a M-LOK mono pod will be available in short order.

Well thats interesting
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 4:52:02 AM EDT
[#11]
For this thread and the UBR one, can you post side by side pictures of the differences from older gen to new gen?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For this thread and the UBR one, can you post side by side pictures of the differences from older gen to new gen?
View Quote

+1. This is exactly what I was going to ask.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Dat SR25 Tho

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Any chance of accessory cheek rests that are closer to the rifle? For non-AR/charging handle applications
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#15]
rofl@ that video
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like a nice upgrade from the original, an already sound performer.  That was a funny video too
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Every single thing I read from Magpul now sounds like the guy in that video

I about spit beer out laughing at the "weak, like a little child" part, especially after my Keymod vs M-Lok thread
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

it was definitely not Russian
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I just bought one of the original versions of the PRS, just to hold me over until the "NEW" fandangled version comes out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Late 2016
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Español.  Like the most popular MAN in the world.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Will this mount on a carbine buffer tube?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Will this mount on a carbine buffer tube?
View Quote

It says it'll mount to mil spec carbine tubes in the description.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]
The voice sounded like FPS Russia, almost tempted into just building another rifle because of this stock.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I really like the features. And really dislike the new look. Think I'm going to stick with my UBR. After all a good looking rifle cuts group sizes in half.

Is it just me, or do the pictures make it look like the stock is bent downward slightly?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really like the features. And really dislike the new look. Think I'm going to stick with my UBR. After all a good looking rifle cuts group sizes in half.

Is it just me, or do the pictures make it look like the stock is bent downward slightly?
View Quote

I like how it looks & think it looks better than the older PRS.  Was never really a fan of the UBR & honestly thinks that looks bad especially extended at all.

Hold a piece of paper up to your monitor or something straight.  Stock is inline with the barrel.   Not trying to be offensive or snappy to you at all

Any better idea of release date or still just simply "late 2016"?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Gen 3?  I did not know that there is a Gen 2...  Whats the deal with the Gen2?  I have a PRS stock.. Its not a gen 3 but I dont know if its a Gen 1 or 2...
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I like how it looks & think it looks better than the older PRS.  Was never really a fan of the UBR & honestly thinks that looks bad especially extended at all.

Hold a piece of paper up to your monitor or something straight.  Stock is inline with the barrel.   Not trying to be offensive or snappy to you at all

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All AR-15/M-16/M-4 stocks are inline with the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:45:50 AM EDT
[#30]
The M-Lok slot on the bottom is a cool idea. A BT AccShot monopod rail mounted version mounted on a KDG Kinect QD m-Lok rail will allow a QD monopod interface with the M-Lok slot

Or you could run the stud mount monopod on the KDG bipod QD m-lok mount
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I see these are up for preorder on some websites. Placed one, we'll see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Well shit. I was all set to get a new UBR and now I see this. For those who have used both..or either for that matter, which would you chose for an 18" Stealth barreled AR. Trying for a more accurate rifle than I've done in the past. I'm leaning for the UBR just for weight consideration.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm in for one when the are released.  Hopefully not much longer of a wait.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#34]
... are the gen III available yet?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Coming Late 2016: Magpul PRS Gen3

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/MAG672-HERO.jpg&Width=1200&Height=700&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Crop=5

The PRS GEN3 is a field precision stock for AR15/M16 and AR10/SR25 platforms, featuring tool-less length of pull and cheek piece height adjustment.  With solid adjustments for length of pull and cheek piece height via aluminum detent knobs, the PRS GEN3 (Precision Rifle/Sniper) stock provides a stable interface and is intended for semi-automatic sniper or varmint type rifles. Offering a nearly universal fit, it installs on rifle-length receiver extensions as well as mil-spec carbine and A5-length tubes. Includes a cant/height-adjustable rubber butt-pad and rotation-limiting QD sling swivel cups as well as M-LOK slots on the bottom for rear monopod mounting.

FEATURES:
* Mounts to rifle-length, mil-spec carbine, or A5-length receiver extension tubes (not included)

* Enhanced strength butt-plate withstands severe impact and recoil up to .50 BMG

* Rubber butt-pad provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage and is adjustable for both cant and height

* Machined aluminum LOP and Cheek Piece adjustment knobs with positive locking click detents

* Steel adjustment shafts finished with Melonite® for wear and corrosion resistance

* All aluminum components finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing

* Bottom M-LOK slots provide additional sling mounting possibilities or for attaching 1913 Picatinny rails for use with a monopod

* Sling Mounts
Front/Rear - rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts (swivels not included)
Rear - 1.25" aluminum sling loop (left-right reversible)

Learn more at Magpul PRS Gen3

Made in U.S.A.

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Single/MAG672-single-1.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=950&Height=450&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-12.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-22.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-32.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

http://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/ButtStocks/ar/MAG672/Double/MAG672-double-42.jpg&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5
View Quote

How about rotation limited sockets for the STR??
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#36]
This on my new 308 build with a law tactical. Mmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#37]
... Still waiting
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#38]
This will most likely be a just before Christmas thing or early next year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#39]
9 months later & still no idea of when it will be released.

Thread should be "New for 2017 Magpul PRS Gen 3"

But hey we all wanted Magpul wear & pouches.  Always wanted a magpul flannel (yeah right & $70 cheap) & daka pouches (wtf with that name.)
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
9 months later & still no idea of when it will be released.

Thread should be "New for 2017 Magpul PRS Gen 3"

But hey we all wanted Magpul wear & pouches.  Always wanted a magpul flannel (yeah right & $70 cheap) & daka pouches (wtf with that name.)
View Quote

According to Magpul, when I said this in their Industry Forum, there are different teams working on different projects, and they're not interconnected.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#41]
9 months later... still nothing. Apparently the new UBR stock is delayed as well.

Magpul is about to lose me as a customer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

9 months later... still nothing. Apparently the new UBR stock is delayed as well.

Magpul is about to lose me as a customer.
View Quote

... me too

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Really needs an integrated monopod provision. Or an integrated monopod. Love the Magpul brand but, feature-wise, the CAA/Mako precision-rifle stocks are killing it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Really needs an integrated monopod provision. Or an integrated monopod. Love the Magpul brand but, feature-wise, the CAA/Mako precision-rifle stocks are killing it.
View Quote

Those things look like space alien shit. There is an MLOK "provision" on the bottom
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Those things look like space alien shit. There is an MLOK "provision" on the bottom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's so true. And likely the only reason they're not infinitely more popular. I'm talking function, though. A vast majority of modern, premium, precision rifles have monopod provisions, though, if not a monopod build right in. Think Barrett, AI, Desert Tech...  At least the Accushot nests in the cavity of a G1 and G2 PRS pretty well... Bolting a pic rail to an MLOK surface is a step backwards IMHO - at least until (if) someone releases an MLOK native monopod. Perhaps that MLOK section even pops off revealing a pic rail and its just not advertised.

To each their own I suppose! Magpul has established themselves as an industry disruptor... I'd love to see them push this one just a bit further! If anyone could knock it out of the park, its Magpul.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Well, it's "late" 2016 and I'm looking for this stock as well as a few other goodies to dress up my DD.  What's the what?
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#47]
I agree. Their reputation is why I'm still here whining instead of nutting up and calling LMT

Quoted:

It's so true. And likely the only reason they're not infinitely more popular. I'm talking function, though. A vast majority of modern, premium, precision rifles have monopod provisions, though, if not a monopod build right in. Think Barrett, AI, Desert Tech...  At least the Accushot nests in the cavity of a G1 and G2 PRS pretty well... Bolting a pic rail to an MLOK surface is a step backwards IMHO - at least until (if) someone releases an MLOK native monopod. Perhaps that MLOK section even pops off revealing a pic rail and its just not advertised.

To each their own I suppose! Magpul has established themselves as an industry disruptor... I'd love to see them push this one just a bit further! If anyone could knock it out of the park, its Magpul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Pretty sure I'm just going to pick up the older PRS stock. I personally think it looks better, and the picatinny rail for the mono pod makes all the sense in the world.

Why they went with the MLOK is beyond me. You're going to have to buy a pic rail, to mount it to the stock, so the monopod can mount to it. How insane is that? Even if they come out with an MLOK monopod, the old picatinny will still be easier and faster to put on/take off.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#49]
They was a pretty good ad for your product. How much does that thing weigh?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:39:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Sounded smooth,
like a "Rich Corinthian Leather " lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top