[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks like whoever took the pics put the end plate on backwards
View Quote

Thougt it was just me but I like the stock
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#4]
For comparison, the ACE ARUL stock weights 2.87oz without rubber pad, has the option to add the pad for an additional 1.67oz (with screws).
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's facing the right direction.  Not sure where you're getting that it looks backwards.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

it is.

ETA: and the poster above me is looking at the wrong plate. the front plate. which is the endplate for the receiver, is backwards
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

it is.

ETA: and the poster above me is looking at the wrong plate. the front plate. which is the endplate for the receiver, is backwards
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is.

That is what I'm looking at.  It's not backwards.  The protrusion that you see facing the threads goes into the hole below the buffer tube tower on the back of the receiver.

You can also see the groove for the QD sling swivel, another indicator that it's not backwards.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

it is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is.

The poster above you is correct. The raised circle goes into the lower receiver when installed correctly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the BAD QD end plate/stock but am not a fan of the tube. I wouldn't mind picking one up by itself...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:26:35 AM EDT
[#11]
It's growing on me, too, but a non locking RE plate is a no-go for me. Also not liking a "clamp on" butt plate". This is basically a pistol RE with a buttplate on it. So the tube is not "locked in", NOR is the butt plate (being clamp on).  Pass.
For serious use, I want a locking RE end plate and (staked) castle nut and a properly secured butt plate.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's growing on me, too, but a non locking RE plate is a no-go for me. Also not liking a "clamp on" butt plate". This is basically a pistol RE with a buttplate on it. So the tube is not "locked in", NOR is the butt plate (being clamp on).  Pass.
For serious use, I want a locking RE end plate and (staked) castle nut and a properly secured butt plate.
View Quote

The butt late is almost identical to the ACE ARUL, which loads of sport gunners have used without issue.  The clamp seems fairly strong, torque it down with red locktite and shouldnt be an issue.  However, I echo your thoughts on the end plate.  The ACE has a thick clamp endplate/gusset that leads into the lower receiver, so it is stopped from rotating.  I dont see what will stop THIS version from the whole RE rotating when it gets knocked hard.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I was looking to pick one up, but the price definitely turned me off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Hrmmmm... this would make a nice folder to go with my Serbu upper I have coming...
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
love the look of these. you can get them with the castle nut too If I recall correctly.
Had them for a week at $160 shipped off revolverapp. but I don't use it so I past on the deal
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks great. I am now thinking about a build just for this stock. But the price is a turn off. $99 is all it is worth to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
What do the Saber tube and aluminum end plate weigh? Gosh it drives me nuts when companies come out with the latest and greatest lightweight product and are not forthcoming with the weight of the product!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#18]
This looks promising.  

Could we see a photo of it attached to a receiver or complete carbine to get a better idea of the scale of it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This looks promising.  

Could we see a photo of it attached to a receiver or complete carbine to get a better idea of the scale of it?
View Quote

Go to battle arms website or instagram. Tons of pictures
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top