BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:06:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice bag. I'd buy it if it didn't have any logos whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably would make a half decent low profile bag if it didn't have the gigantic logos.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably would make a half decent low profile bag if it didn't have the gigantic logos.
View Quote

Exactly. What happened to being subtle? Why do mfgs insist all customers want to be billboards?

I understand you need labels. But there is absolutely no need for flamboyant, giant, bright labels on the front.

Put the giant label on the INSIDE of the bag. Just makes more sense. I personally actively avoid anything with giant logos.

I'm not your advertisement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Agreed on the logos.   Come on Rainier, you guys are usually more hip to the pulse of the community.  

Why would you want anything that says "Arms" on a discreet bag?  

Is the mountain logo a watermark on the pictures or a logo on the bag? Oddly enough I don't mind that although it catches the eye... Again I don't want anything that catches the eye on my "discreet" bag.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not just put the logo on a large velcro patch that would fit on the backing already sewn to the bag? Seems like a good compromise.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus guys

Nothing covert about a bag that says arms.

Just put the mount rainier thing on it like your stickers used to back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That seems to be trend lately. How big can the logo be on a low profile bag.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: guys

Nothing covert about a bag that says arms.

Just put the mount rainier thing on it like your stickers used to back in the day.
View Quote

That would look great I'd probably be in for one with just mount rainier like on the foliage one :D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I asked on their Facebook page, and they don't have immediate plans to change the logo.  I really like the look of the bag and that it holds a fully assembled 16" rifle.  I'll probably still buy one, but love the idea of just the mountain logo, or moving the logo to the interior.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I asked on their Facebook page, and they don't have immediate plans to change the logo.  I really like the look of the bag and that it holds a fully assembled 16" rifle.  I'll probably still buy one, but love the idea of just the mountain logo, or moving the logo to the interior.
View Quote

My old rifle bag is getting a little warn outsourcing I was looking for one when I saw this. It's a shame they won't change the logo. Seriously they call it covert, how is that covert? Guess who's not getting my money.

Eta I checked grey ghost gear's site to see if the had their own version  with maybe a more discreet logo and couldn't find anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#11]
The huge logo needs to go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:46:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The mountain watermark looks pretty good, should have used that instead of your name.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The mountain watermark looks pretty good, should have used that instead of your name.
View Quote

Agreed. The large subtle mountain is just enough without going overboard.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Rainier, I love you guys but you have gone overboard with the logos recently. Seriously considered the ADACS lower at one point but that sucker had 3 XL logos on it. 1 would have been fine.

Subtlety goes a long way in this game.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#15]
And with a slight spin on  what 762AR556 said, we're your customers, not your billboards.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My old rifle bag is getting a little warn outsourcing I was looking for one when I saw this. It's a shame they won't change the logo. Seriously they call it covert, how is that covert? Guess who's not getting my money.

Eta I checked grey ghost gear's site to see if the had their own version  with maybe a more discreet logo and couldn't find anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up paying the premium on the Haley strategic bag because it was actually both discreet and made well. I love RA and would buy a couple of these without the logo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would rather see the small red mountain logo on the outside...but the exterior should be logo free.  Put the logo on the inside.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the $125 price a mistake?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is the $125 price a mistake?
View Quote

Depends on where its made. If a US made bag like my Eagles then absolutely worth it. If made elsewhere like my midway bags then no, not at all.

Rainier, any info on where it's made?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#20]
would buy if it didn't have the logos, I actually am looking at buying a new bag in the next week or two
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
would buy if it didn't have the logos, I actually am looking at buying a new bag in the next week or two
View Quote

I'm considering the Haley Strategic low profile bag.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I agree with everyone else here. If you wanted to brand the bag you could have had Rainier in stitching the same color as the bag, but with the A/mountain in contrast. Anyone looking to purchase this bag knows your logo. Leave off the "arms" on a covert bag.

Edit: it is a quick and dirty photoshop, but I would give you my money for a bag that was marked like this. Without the watermark obviously. Hope this is not violating any rules. I am still new here.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Also interested if it didn't have a logo.  Appears to be smaller than the Eagle bags, which are a little bigger then necessary.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Giant logo kills it for me too.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Echoing what every other poster has said here...

"RAINIER ARMS" =/= Subtle.

Come on.  This is basic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Big logos on gear blow . Even worse on rifles like DD and Spikes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#28]
c'mon now, that's why you ask us FIRST
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the feedback gents.  

We will take all the subtle comments and feedback into the design of our next discreet bag.  We can't always get everything right.  
View Quote

So y'all have to design a whole new bag instead or reprogramming the embroidery machines?  Wouldn't the later be a  it easier or the production line?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So y'all have to design a whole new bag instead or reprogramming the embroidery machines?  Wouldn't the later be a  it easier or the production line?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for all the feedback gents.  

We will take all the subtle comments and feedback into the design of our next discreet bag.  We can't always get everything right.  

I'm sure it'll be for the next gen discreet bag not the current one.  

Logo or not the bag looks great
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to know the quality and where it's made.  If US made, I'd buy one logo or not.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd assume they have already placed an order with a significant amount of minimums. If this is true, changing or cancelling the order may not be worth it, or even possible.

Also, I would have purchased if it had no logo of any kind.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concur with this as well...
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:16:27 AM EDT
[#36]
1-Where is it made? I really like your US made shirts (although I want the old logo shirt back please) but why can't most gun companies buy soft goods made in the US? Precision made gun parts, US made. Hats, almost never, even from companies that tout Made in USA on their other products. In this case if you aren't willing to say where it is made that tells me something too.

2-SilkTie Devil just gave you your branded version. Obviously some want it totally slick. I'm good with Rainier and the mountain, but not Arms.

3-How about something not black, not last year's flavor of tan, and not this year's flavor of foliage (called grey, or wolf, or pew-pew-pewter, or whatever). Like maybe dark blue/navy, for instance. Or a dark hunter green.

4-Ah, nevermind. I'll just buy another Craftsman soft bag when they go on sale for $15 and break down the 16"ers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#37]
looks good but probably not made in usa.
+1 on a discreet logo instead.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Tale some clues from Vltor

I don't like the tan. Definitely agree with another poster, need more variety in color. Tan, dark earth, or whatever term used for shit brown, is over rated, and almost 100% associated with firearms. Where is the discretion in that?

it's not very difficult. Is like a dark blue. Maybe dark red, even bright green, something not usually associated with firearms.

Do the guys at Rainier know what discrete means?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
i dont mean to poop on RAs new product thread but grey ghost has them on their site now (unmarked)

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i dont mean to poop on RAs new product thread but grey ghost has them on their site now (unmarked)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why yes they do. They also have a tan bag.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I notice any mention of "covert" has been scrubbed from the OP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I agree with everyone else here. If you wanted to brand the bag you could have had Rainier in stitching the same color as the bag, but with the A/mountain in contrast. Anyone looking to purchase this bag knows your logo. Leave off the "arms" on a covert bag.

Edit: it is a quick and dirty photoshop, but I would give you my money for a bag that was marked like this. Without the watermark obviously. Hope this is not violating any rules. I am still new here.

http://i.imgur.com/0huEbo6.jpg
View Quote

This is an infinitely better bag design. Clearly, no one at Ranier has ever given thought to what the terms "Grey Ghost" might mean. Hint - doesn't contain the word "Arms" anywhere near it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup  
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/0huEbo6.jpg
View Quote

I'd buy that!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I like it either way.

I guess it's not for everyone, but...

I personally have never felt the need to hide my hobby from the world. I don't live in an apartment complex or a shady neighborhood with shady neighbors. Even if I did I'm pretty sure the logo would be less noticeable than the dozen rifle bags and range bag getting carried to my vehicle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice looking bag, but the giant NASCAR billboard-sized logo is a complete, 100% show-stopper.  Shame.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yup  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup  

So now were ridiculing them for fixing their advertisement per our input?

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top