BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Any news on if this fits under a BCM KMR?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

From the size comparison, it won't. It's taller than the KMR.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the quick reply.  Not sure if you would remember who I am, but we spoke about 7-8 months ago about an AR Piston Build I am doing as a tribute to my dog...... Everything is ready to go, I have just been waiting for your piston system all this time.  You did a great job!

May I ask who is doing the Nickel Boron Plating for the batch you are getting done?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will this be available in sizes besides .750?
View Quote

You never answered JoshAston's question.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will this be available in sizes besides .750?

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
sigh....this site costs me soo much money!!  I was wanting to get a good adjustable drop in kit! Any chance a sale or discount code coming around any time soon?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#13]
2 questions 1 Will your piston rod fit / function thru a Adams Arms upper, I know the hole in the front of the A.A. upper is smaller.  2 Will we see a Rail on your front block?????  I won't mount a front sight on a rail because it moves to much for me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Skis on the bottom back end of the carrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are you dealing with carrier tilt?

Skis on the bottom back end of the carrier.

With that in mind... any reason this would not be compatible with a Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have always considered making a left handed piston carrier. I have to research an patent that may have claim to it (more than likely Stag). If there is a patent I will work on negotiating an agreement. If not I will make some. Be patient. If there is a need to make an agreement it could take some time. With my experience those things do not happen overnight. I will announce any further updates, or you can email me for updates periodically. My email is [email protected].
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance of a Left handed bolt carrier?
Please???????

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I have always considered making a left handed piston carrier. I have to research an patent that may have claim to it (more than likely Stag). If there is a patent I will work on negotiating an agreement. If not I will make some. Be patient. If there is a need to make an agreement it could take some time. With my experience those things do not happen overnight. I will announce any further updates, or you can email me for updates periodically. My email is [email protected].

Thank you very much Sir for considering it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Question still remains, will they be made in other sizes or is .750 it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I had some problems with a Syrac DI adjustable gas block...the detent stopped 'detenting' because of the fouling making the detent ball stick in a retracted position.  Looking at this piston gas block, it seems the detent is external to the gas block so it shouldn't have that kind of problem, right?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Will this fit under Aero Precision's Enhanced Keymod handguard?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Jason,

Any news on if this will fit the KMR yet?  If not any new free float rails not listed on the 1st page?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We will have a Low Mass Carrier available by the end of the yr if not sooner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I too have dumped my AA XLP kit. It was a pain to make it compatible with a my MI rail. I worry about how long it would keep running before issues with the rod bushing.

Main reasons for switching over to this:

1. Compatibility! SO has a superior design.

2. WEIGHT. the AA XLP kit is heavy as shit.

3. 16 pos vs 5 pos. I tried the xlp on two of my rifles. One had to run wide open. Recoil was increased over my SO adjustable gas block.

4. Price.

Jason, I already pre ordered as one of the first 100. I want to upgrade to NIB!!! PM me for my email! Also, is there a light weight carrier option?

This will go on my santan upper and lower, i will post pics once I verify it is reliable. Thanks!

Came here to ask this!

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Can't find any Youtube vids on the Syrac adjustable gas piston system
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can't find any Youtube vids on the Syrac adjustable gas piston system
View Quote

That's because they aren't even shipping yet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you think you can tell us the weight of the main parts separately?

I really want to keep the weight down on my gun :p.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]
So Im assuming with the ability to adjust this system one could, in theory, fine tune a 300blk? Hmmmmm very interesting.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Will these be sold with a completed BCG as an option?  Finding a standalone QPQ bolt has been troublesome.  

Quoted:

View Quote

From what I can tell, similar DI components in midlength would weight about 13.1oz.  So the Piston system adds roughly 1.7oz to the front of your mid-gas rifle.    
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Will these be sold with a completed BCG as an option?  Finding a standalone QPQ bolt has been troublesome.  

From what I can tell, similar DI components in midlength would weight about 13.1oz.  So the Piston system adds roughly 1.7oz to the front of your mid-gas rifle.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is why some of us are so interested in seeing if this works with the BCM KMR.  Comparing the
Noveske 13.5" NSR @ 11oz with barrel nut
SLR 13" Solo Light @ 10oz with nut
SLR 13" Solo Ultra Light at 9.0oz with nut
or most of the "Normal" 13 keymod rails closer to 12+oz with barrel nut
to the BCM 13" KMR at 7.7oz you can loose that extra weight really fast....  

That said KMR aside, chances are if your really concerned about weight there are MANY other places you can loose an ounce or two to make up for it.  Either way you cut it in my opinion this IS the piston system to own.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I made a oops and ordered a carbine length instead of a mid-length; any chance that can be switched?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I spoke to Ben at Bravo on Friday. He is either sending me the internal dims. w/ tol. of the KMR or sending me a HG. If he is going to send me a HG I will pay to have it shipped next day to get you guys an answer ASAP. He said he would have me an answer to me tomorrow (Mon.). Once I receive his answer I will update the statues on this thread. I determine if it does/ doesn't fit them will notify here. Please be patient, I am on it. I want to know as bad as you guys do. Thank you.

Jason
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spoke to Ben at Bravo on Friday. He is either sending me the internal dims. w/ tol. of the KMR or sending me a HG. If he is going to send me a HG I will pay to have it shipped next day to get you guys an answer ASAP. He said he would have me an answer to me tomorrow (Mon.). Once I receive his answer I will update the statues on this thread. I determine if it does/ doesn't fit them will notify here. Please be patient, I am on it. I want to know as bad as you guys do. Thank you.

Jason

Update?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Someone posted in Syrac's industry section that it worked with their KMR and posted picks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#30]
What would be the best setup for 16" barrel in .300 blackout mostly in super, but may shoot subs too (no suppressor). Pistol or carbine length rod? Trying to figure if one or the other can be adjusted for both sub or super?...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#31]
You should pretty much always go with Pistol gas in 300BLK.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I posted earlier that the KMR, on the face of it, might not work.

I decided to use my dial calipers to find out

My KMR 15 is ~1.350" ID.

This means the bottom 1/2 extends down 0.675" from barrel centerline, so the 0.613" of the Syrac will work.

The internal width of the top rail is 0.440", so the 0.410" of the Syrac will work.

The internal height of the KMR is ~1.704" to 1.709". Subtract the 0.675" from this number and you are left with 1.029" to 1.034". This means the 0.986" of the Syrac will work.

Based on Jason's drawing and my KMR, it looks like a go with his retro fit gas pistol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My KMR 15 is ~1.350" ID.

This means the bottom 1/2 extends down 0.675" from barrel centerline, so the 0.613" of the Syrac will work.

The internal width of the top rail is 0.440", so the 0.410" of the Syrac will work.

The internal height of the KMR is ~1.704" to 1.709". Subtract the 0.675" from this number and you are left with 1.029" to 1.034". This means the 0.986" of the Syrac will work.

Based on Jason's drawing and my KMR, it looks like a go with his retro fit gas pistol.
View Quote

Great to hear! Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My KMR 15 is ~1.350" ID.

You're welcome.

The 0.015" clearance on either side for the gas block does not give you much room to be off.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I keep going back and forth on whether or not to buy this.  I already have a syrac adjustable gas block.  Is there any reason to go with this piston, for my 6.8 spc, 7.5" SBR build, over a DI with adjustable gas block? I will not be shooting suppressed. I'd really only do it for the new cool factor as I don't own any piston guns yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not sure if this has been reported yet but the Syrac kit is G2G with the Aero Precision M4E1 upper and handguards.  I installed a pistol gas kit on my 7.5" 5.56 build and it runs great.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if this has been reported yet but the Syrac kit is G2G with the Aero Precision M4E1 upper and handguards.  I installed a pistol gas kit on my 7.5" 5.56 build and it runs great.
View Quote

Good to know that it will work with the M4E1!  Did you have any trouble with the piston binding in the gas block?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#38]
This is good to know! I had ruled this out for my build because it specifically states on the aero precision web page that the m4e1 is NOT piston compatible. But now I might have to buy this set up as this was the one I wanted to begin with whether I went DI or piston, but wanted the option.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good to know that it will work with the M4E1!  Did you have any trouble with the piston binding in the gas block?
View Quote

I didn't experience any binding on my install.  I only have about 50 rounds through it so far but I will be hitting the range again today.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is good to know! I had ruled this out for my build because it specifically states on the aero precision web page that the m4e1 is NOT piston compatible. But now I might have to buy this set up as this was the one I wanted to begin with whether I went DI or piston, but wanted the option.
View Quote

That was before the Syrac kit came out and was probably based on the likes of the Adams Arms kit that relies on the barrel nut to set the spacing for the op rod spring bushing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any word on the low mass carrier?

Also, can anyone make a video on this? Showing the weight of each part and such.

This looks very promising, the only thing keeping my from piston systems was the weght and cost. This system is low weight and low cost.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#42]
OK, I have a kit in the shop that I was planning a video review of. I just went down and shot an impromptu video. I weighed the parts and compared them to the weight of some DI parts. I ordered this a while ago but it was just delivered a couple of weeks ago. I just finished editing the video, it is now in the process of uploading to YouTube. I will post the link as soon as it is up on YouTube. It is 39% uploaded as I am typing this post.

mbell556
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OK, I have a kit in the shop that I was planning a video review of. I just went down and shot an impromptu video. I weighed the parts and compared them to the weight of some DI parts. I ordered this a while ago but it was just delivered a couple of weeks ago. I just finished editing the video, it is now in the process of uploading to YouTube. I will post the link as soon as it is up on YouTube. It is 39% uploaded as I am typing this post.

mbell556
View Quote

Nice! Thank you so much, please post the link/channel here when it's done!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mbell556

Thanks!

Here is the link. Took a while to upload and process on YouTube. Still not completely processed but it looks like it is viewable.

http://youtu.be/Tcs1NxRasLg

I will use it in a build and then review how it functions as well.
Thanks!
Mike

mbell556 on YouTube
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I like mine. Once tuned it is very soft shooting for a piston system. I do not notice the piston snap felt in other systems. I have mine tuned at 8 clicks out from fully closed. I am running a 2.25 OZ tungsten buffer and a carbine spring with a medium brake(yhm phantom). My only complaint is that Syrac did not come out with the low mass or NIB carrier like they said they would......  Overall I am pleased with the system. It is much better than the XLP kit. I tried both.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a few questions about the carrier that comes with Syrac kit:

1) Can you use a bolt from an Adams Arms piston carrier or do you need one with gas rings installed?  Sorry for the newb question
2) Do you have to use a spring with the bolt and carrier like on the Adams Arms piston system, if so does the Syrac kit come with it?
3) Is their any issue using the Syrac Kit with an Adams Arms upper receiver such as the dimension of the hole for the op rod?

I tried to find this info on the site and in this thread but I did not see it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

1) Can you use a bolt from an Adams Arms piston carrier or do you need one with gas rings installed?  Sorry for the newb question
2) Do you have to use a spring with the bolt and carrier like on the Adams Arms piston system, if so does the Syrac kit come with it?
3) Is their any issue using the Syrac Kit with an Adams Arms upper receiver such as the dimension of the hole for the op rod?

View Quote

I can help you out with 1 and 3.

1) No, you cannot use the AA carrier. That carrier has a flat strike face. Syrac uses a genius dome shape design. No gas rings, per every other piston system out there (i think)

3) AA uses a small busing in the upper, it allows the op rod to slide through this. Though, the gas tube also fits in this bushing so it does not make a difference.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

1) No, you cannot use the AA carrier. That carrier has a flat strike face. Syrac uses a genius dome shape design. No gas rings, per every other piston system out there (i think)

3) AA uses a small busing in the upper, it allows the op rod to slide through this. Though, the gas tube also fits in this bushing so it does not make a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  On #1 I was referring to the bolt from the Adams Arms BCG, not the actual carrier itself.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thank you.  On #1 I was referring to the bolt from the Adams Arms BCG, not the actual carrier itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooo in that case yes, they all use 5.56 bolts. Non-proprietary. I am pretty sure Syrac doesn't use a spring on the bolt per the video posted above.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Awesome.  Thank you.

Now I need to sale my Adams Arms XLP that is arriving in the mail tomorrow

Has anyone tried one of these with a Fortis Rev rail?
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top