BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 12:21:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you insist on using the phrase "true ambidextrous" when it doesn't have an ambidextrous bolt catch?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why do you insist on using the phrase "true ambidextrous" when it doesn't have an ambidextrous bolt catch?
View Quote
Isn't that a right side release behind the magwell? It looks Ambi to me but I'm not 100% sure
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Isn't that a right side release behind the magwell? It looks Ambi to me but I'm not 100% sure
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically it's only a bolt release on the right side, right?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that's true, but I must say I shoot left handed for my eyes but I'm right handed, anyways I have no issues with a plain mil-spec lower other than wanting an Ambi safety. The bolt catch works good for me with my trigger finger and mag release with the right hand thumb when I grab the mag
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The lever on this lower is to release the bolt only....not to catch it. I only recently installed a tactical link lever on my most recent AR build and now I am completely sold on the idea of an ambidextrous bolt release AND catch. I am just better able to manipulate my ar controlling the bolt from my trigger finger...Just my .02. If San_Tan makes the bolt catch and release truly ambi, I would buy one for my next build. But I do want that function.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The lever on this lower is to release the bolt only....not to catch it. I only recently installed a tactical link lever on my most recent AR build and now I am completely sold on the idea of an ambidextrous bolt release AND catch. I am just better able to manipulate my ar controlling the bolt from my trigger finger...Just my .02. If San_Tan makes the bolt catch and release truly ambi, I would buy one for my next build. But I do want that function.....
View Quote
Yeah I could see that, I sure like using my trigger finger (shoot left handed) to run the catch, it is pretty quick and natural, but of course I didn't have a choice thanks to left eye dominance! Having ambi would be neat but I think they did go since the release is the most important part, probably not often you need to lock open in a hurry.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top