BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 7:27:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Well would ya look at that! There has been quite a few companies getting on board the precision light(er) weight midlength Wylde/5.56 match stainless bandwagon as of late. Which I think is a great thing as I looked long and hard at the different options a year 1/2 ago when I bought my 16" noveske lw stainless. Of the few that have come along which I would consider a competitor to noveske's offering, this is probably the only one I can say I may have actually gotten instead.  That's a mighty beautiful barrel and with a guarantee like that I would not have many reservations. And that price! Might have to consider building a new rifle......
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Who made the blanks? What's 5L?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who made the blanks? What's 5L?
View Quote

I think 5L means 5 lands which leads me to believe its standard 90 deg cut rifling with 5 lands and 5 grooves. I too would be curious about the blanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Some nice features but priced too high in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Killer barrel!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Sub MOA $400 barrel lol, hope you didn't make many of these.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
How does it compare within the barrel industry, like to a Noveske??
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I paid almost $500 out the door for my noveske. Granted it came with a pinned gas block but $400-$500 is the going rate for a high end barrel. Centurion, noveske, v7, rainier ultra match, and a few others. Learn a bit more about the high end barrel market before announcing yourself as an imbecile on your first post. This barrel is a deal if the quality really does compare to the above brands.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice first post there

These look really nice. Makes me want to build a precision oriented upper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think he was referring to the money back guarantee. As demonstrated by the thread here, that can be a difficult claim to back up.

Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I"m assuming that the gas port is .750 for a regular gas block size?  Also is the length of the cut for the gas block have under dimples for gas block.
No pics of under side?
I am interested Rainier, but like more details if possible.  Don't wanna waste time picking up a gas block that wouldn't work.

This is a nice barrel, but it would be better if there was a gas block with.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd definitely consider it... Especially being Wylde chambered but knowing who made the blanks is important to me especially considering that there isn't a reputation for these to Guage their worth.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Not much on fluted barrels, but that looks pretty damn nice!
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
!*Edited***
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I checked Rainer Arms and they didn't currently have the size barrel  from NTD I was looking for so I got in touch with Dustin at NTD directly and placed a clients order for a 13.7" mid length a couple of days ago. He said 2-3 weeks  for delivery. Hopeful but will post actual arrival date once it gets here, very helpful and accommodating over the phone answered all my questions thoroughly.  
to answer some questions from above from my conversation with Dustin:
pac-nor blanks
.750 diameter on Gas block
Gas block seat 1"
not dimpled for gas block set screws
"single pass flutes, keeps more metal on barrel"

things I think  I noticed from the pics:
recessed crown, usually a target barrel feature
radiused muzzle device seat, aids in the barrel finish with duracote...etc,,helps keep finish consistent by removing a sharp corner prevents finish chips under the muzzle device. especially vortex hiders  

in short, quality blanks, proven chamber technology, packed with meticulously attended features and topped off with an absolutely bonkers warranty! All delivered for about $400,
For now that is, I can foresee a price increase for these folks if reviews match their description.

View Quote

Ive had the same experience, they are a great company to deal with.  I ordered a 14.5" and a 16" a couple weeks ago, hopefully they are here soon!
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top