AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, only other thing I can think of is a pink/purple mix of rit dye
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of these last week and it looks awesome!  My Form 1 will be in the mail on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
They look great, ideas of a new build come to mind.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh wow, that is a beautiful lower.  Definitely make a guy reconsider going with a poly for a featherlight build.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh wow, that is a beautiful lower.  Definitely make a guy reconsider going with a poly for a featherlight build.
View Quote

"Poly"? Did you actually read any of the thread?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's saying instead of a poly.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, I see it now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks great guys - how about adding a few more instructions to the CNC and cutting for the Teal Blue Bravo PDQ.  I've been loving the AeroPrecision Ambi lowers - adding this (and the short-throw cutout/marking) would be the last straw for me to buy a handful of these!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#10]
What has everyone's experience been with the fit of the barrel extension to the upper? I've been searching for a while for a lightweight billet upper and this fits the bill. It looks very promising and high quality, I just hope it's a tight fitting upper cause that would be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What has everyone's experience been with the fit of the barrel extension to the upper? I've been searching for a while for a lightweight billet upper and this fits the bill. It looks very promising and high quality, I just hope it's a tight fitting upper cause that would be a deal breaker for me.

View Quote

I just installed an ultra light scionics barrel in #87. The extension was snug and did require some pushing to insert fully.

The upper to lower fit is super snug with zero wiggle at all.  So far Iam very impressed with the quality of the 2A parts.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 1:35:51 AM EDT
[#12]
It would be nice if you guys could a limited run WITHOUT m4 ramps on the upper, for those of us with old school LW Colt barrels.... I would buy 6 uppers immediately.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It would be nice if you guys could a limited run WITHOUT m4 ramps on the upper, for those of us with old school LW Colt barrels.... I would buy 6 uppers immediately.
View Quote

A retro cool M16 clone would be pretty nifty on one of these receiver sets.  Keep it as authentic as possible with the triangular plastic handguards, etc.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Zero wobble between the upper and lower. Tighter than prom night.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A retro cool M16 clone would be pretty nifty on one of these receiver sets.  Keep it as authentic as possible with the triangular plastic handguards, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it would, old meets new.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#16]
The V7 port door rod does not fit the upper receiver without reprofiling the flattened end to fit inside the upper receivers port door rod hole.

This is a small matter to consider when assembling the upper with V7 parts and is in no way meant as a negative on either V7 or 2A.
A standard port door rod fits the 2A upper perfectly and there is room for the C-clip between the door and the port opening.
I did not install the C-clip since the door rod cannot slide out the back nor the front.

The 2A port door rod hole at the back of the port door opening is a blind hole and captures the port door rod completely.

All other V7 bits fit and function in the 2A lower. A timney trigger drops in perfectly and functions tests.
The magpul MIAD grip with big back plate fits a feels very nice.
Aero precision light weight scope mount fits the upper very well and the increased number of rail positions allows "one more notch forward" of mounting then a standard upper receiver.

I hope to shoot this creation over the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thank you for the update.  I will get a V7 door in house so we can decide to mod for the part, or leave as is.

Thanks again,

Ryan
View Quote

So would it be a pain to make an upper batch without feedramps? Other companies offer ramped and non-ramped.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thank you for the update.  I will get a V7 door in house so we can decide to mod for the part, or leave as is.

Thanks again,

Ryan
View Quote

I actually exchanged a few emails and talked briefly with the nice people at V7 about building an ultralight 300BLK. Joel hasn't seen the 2A set yet but did notice from pictures that the port door rod won't work without mods. He will look at making a specific rod if there's enough demand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It wouldn't be hard no....  It would be a matter of how much demand their is for it however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again,

Ryan

So would it be a pain to make an upper batch without feedramps? Other companies offer ramped and non-ramped.

It wouldn't be hard no....  It would be a matter of how much demand their is for it however.

Do a limited run then, and see how many sell.  I'll buy a few.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody know if these lowers are compatible with PDQ levers? I have run into some billet lowers that do not have enough shelf to keep the dust cover from hitting it and interfering. Just wondering if anyone has had their 2A Balios modded for PDQ
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does anybody know if these lowers are compatible with PDQ levers? I have run into some billet lowers that do not have enough shelf to keep the dust cover from hitting it and interfering. Just wondering if anyone has had their 2A Balios modded for PDQ
View Quote

Just a hunch, but I don't think the end user who would by the Balios will be looking to take a Dremel to it or add any extra weight.

I am running a regular safety selector, instead of an ambi, in my Balios Lite lower and don't plan to add any other ambi controls, especially ones that involve cutting.

But hey, that's just me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Are these tough enough for general use or 3 gun?  I have been looking for a billet upper without a forward assist and this is exactly what I want, I just don't want a range toy like a feel the poly and some other light weight upper/lowers are.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are these tough enough for general use or 3 gun?  I have been looking for a billet upper without a forward assist and this is exactly what I want, I just don't want a range toy like a feel the poly and some other light weight upper/lowers are.
View Quote

There aren't many in the wild just yet but it is billet and very well made so I have no doubts about it. It may be a while for someone to report the results of hard use. It definitely does not feel like polymer. Combine it with a KMR and you will have a very light combo.

Mine is the lightweight and I don't see it getting a lot of hard use either, once it is done.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#27]
The #87 build tested out fine over the weekend.  I have 200rds fired so far with zero issues.
Accuracy was excellent. Weight and handling was excellent.  The rifle points very nicely and is easy to transition from target to target.

I have the first match this Friday at the Independence Day action rifle match.

I doubt there are any weak points in the design and execution of the upper.  At 3gun and other action matchs you are more likely to kill the optic or internal parts then the upper or lower receiver.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Pix!
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Hopefully I will get some at the ID4 match.  Maybe a video.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just a hunch, but I don't think the end user who would by the Balios will be looking to take a Dremel to it or add any extra weight.
I am running a regular safety selector, instead of an ambi, in my Balios Lite lower and don't plan to add any other ambi controls, especially ones that involve cutting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked a few postings above eternal24k's if 2A would consider adding the CNC instructions to mill these from the factory.  If you've never shot a PDQ-equipped AR, you don't know what you're missing!  I really like the lightweight lower, and the fractional extra weight of the PDQ would be no skin off my back!

Please, 2A, take a look at this!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We keep a running list of suggestions on our white board here... If it gets to a point of a REV change, or a Gen-2 or the likes, we will consider everything suggested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked a few postings above eternal24k's if 2A would consider adding the CNC instructions to mill these from the factory.  If you've never shot a PDQ-equipped AR, you don't know what you're missing!  I really like the lightweight lower, and the fractional extra weight of the PDQ would be no skin off my back!

Please, 2A, take a look at this!

We keep a running list of suggestions on our white board here... If it gets to a point of a REV change, or a Gen-2 or the likes, we will consider everything suggested.

sweet
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Can I suggest a solid trigger guard?  Keep the two slots but don't cut them all the way through so they match the cuts along the top of the upper receiver.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Where is the best place to pick up one of these lowers?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#38]
That 2A PWS combo is sexy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Here is a direct link to Hawktech for purchase, however...
http://www.hawktecharms.com/2A-Armament-BALIOS-Lite-Lower-p/2a-bl556-2.htm

I see you are in Texas, If you are close to Champion Firearms, they will be getting both the -lite lowers, as well as the standard BALIOS lowers any day. It may be worth your while to give them a call, and ask.

CHAMPION FIREARMS

1925 Texas Avenue South
College Station, TX 77840
P: 979-693-9948
F: 979-696-6340

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is the best place to pick up one of these lowers?

Here is a direct link to Hawktech for purchase, however...
http://www.hawktecharms.com/2A-Armament-BALIOS-Lite-Lower-p/2a-bl556-2.htm

I see you are in Texas, If you are close to Champion Firearms, they will be getting both the -lite lowers, as well as the standard BALIOS lowers any day. It may be worth your while to give them a call, and ask.

CHAMPION FIREARMS

1925 Texas Avenue South
College Station, TX 77840
P: 979-693-9948
F: 979-696-6340

Thanks for the info!

I'm about 3 hours south of CS. I'll see if they will ship one to my local FFL.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Any chance of seeing the lite upper on a mega billet lower?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I might be able to pull that off, I don't own a MEGA Billet lower, but I know a few guys who do!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance of seeing the lite upper on a mega billet lower?

I might be able to pull that off, I don't own a MEGA Billet lower, but I know a few guys who do!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#45]
What polymer magazine is that?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Little BoomFab action? nice...
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Please consider having an integrated ambi bolt release. I love love love mine on my seekins, but I would love love love to give you money for a lower that has the same feature!
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top