Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The upper part of the front glass on mine is tilted in and more so on the upper right side when looking at the sight from the front, is that normal?

Here is a pic.

http://<a href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/13771238293_8a70f0e8f0_c.jpg</a> RDS. by Jyruiz, on Flickr" />
View Quote

That is correct.  The front lens angle is required for it to function correctly (it is what allows the emitter to be off center while still projecting  a dot back straight back into your eye).  It may also reduce glare as is noted in the PA add.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I think he is more concerned how the top right corner of the glass angles in more than the upper left of the glass. No sure if that's normal or not.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
..because the emitter is off to the side, in order for the dot image to reflect to the shooters eye, it has to be (just like explained above).
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, thanks foe the answer, I will give it a try.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I really want one of these.

If they had a gen II that was compatible with the various aimpoint mounts on the market, I would be all over it like my ex wife on a pile of candy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they had a gen II that was compatible with the various aimpoint mounts on the market, I would be all over it like my ex wife on a pile of candy.
View Quote

Here's my list of desired improvements:
1. Aimpoint mount compatibility.
2. Fixed mount version for super-low usage, preferably with QD lever
3. Rubber armor sheath.

While I know having the battery on the bottom means a slimmer profile, let me also suggest that a vertical CR123 battery compartment on the side would be AWESOME, especially if it enabled the use of Aimpoint and fixed mounts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yea, I can't say this enough.  The "glamor" shots that producers post are all fine and good, but if you really want folks to by your stuff, you gotta show the "underbelly" too.  I'm just saying, don't be stingy.  I mean does a good review post only "glamor" shots?  No.  Post photos of the realness, and let your product stand on its own merits.  I want all producers to do this.  Seriously.  Otherwise, all you're doing is deluding yourself and the potential customers.  While some consumers may want to be deluded, I am not one of those customers.  So post the underbelly photos too.  And by underbelly, I mean that literally and fiuartively.  

Side note, if you are hesitant to post these figurative/literal "underbelly" shots, then that is a key indicator to YOU that your product is no good.  It is also a key indicator to US that your product is no good.  Just saying.  That's all.  To all producers.

And, I mean, no pic straight through the glass?  What are you thinking not posting that?  That's like posting a photo of only the tire of a vehicle you're trying to sell.  Come on.  Be smart.  Don't be dumb.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  

If I wanted to be deluded into buying some nonsense, I wouldn't be building rifles.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Please post pics of underside with and without battery cover installed. Also, a pic straight through the glass aimed at a white wall with plenty of ambient light. Please and thank you!
Yea, I can't say this enough.  The "glamor" shots that producers post are all fine and good, but if you really want folks to by your stuff, you gotta show the "underbelly" too.  I'm just saying, don't be stingy.  I mean does a good review post only "glamor" shots?  No.  Post photos of the realness, and let your product stand on its own merits.  I want all producers to do this.  Seriously.  Otherwise, all you're doing is deluding yourself and the potential customers.  While some consumers may want to be deluded, I am not one of those customers.  So post the underbelly photos too.  And by underbelly, I mean that literally and fiuartively.  

Side note, if you are hesitant to post these figurative/literal "underbelly" shots, then that is a key indicator to YOU that your product is no good.  It is also a key indicator to US that your product is no good.  Just saying.  That's all.  To all producers.

And, I mean, no pic straight through the glass?  What are you thinking not posting that?  That's like posting a photo of only the tire of a vehicle you're trying to sell.  Come on.  Be smart.  Don't be dumb.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  

If I wanted to be deluded into buying some nonsense, I wouldn't be building rifles.  

You are a troll and not very good at it.

Go to aimpoints website (hint: I just did) and find me a bottom shot of one of their optics.

Your posts aren't very good and you should feel bad.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Received my Holosun Micro today. Mail was delayed yesterday for some reason.

First off my packaging was fine, no rubbing like someone else experienced. No damage to the product and everything was in separate bags.The quality is actually very good for a $169.99 optic, but it's hard to compare to say, an Aimpoint Micro. When I put them side by side they are just different designs, so it's sort of apples and oranges. But with that said I really do like the push button adjustment as opposed to the large knob with battery. For reference I own an Aimpoint T-1 2 Moa, Aimpoint R-1, a half dozen other aimpoints and scopes, as well as owning a PA Micro a few years ago, and currently own a 4-14 ffp, so I'm no stranger to PA's other offerings in comparison to the high dollar optics. (While I realize the Holosun isn't theirs, they are just a distributor.)

The battery was easy to put in, mounting was simple. Assuming the battery does last as long as expected then I won't have a problem every few years replacing the battery, but it's not something i'd like to do often. It's very light feeling and perfect for my 8.2" Noveske Barreled 300 Blackout build. I don't expect to be removing the optic from the gun so I'm not too hurt about the lack of QD, but I do have Larue mounts on my other micros. All my optics are dedicated to their own rifle/gun, so no biggie I guess.

Image quality when looking through the glass is very good and looks very clear when out doors. I tried it in a few different lights and found that in doors, it can look quite blue. But when you look at something outside from inside you don't notice it. My dot is perfect, and shows no distortion. (Your results may vary depending on your eye sight.) My only minor complaint is, depending on surroundings, when I had a window behind me, I had quite of bit of red reflection (even with the optic off). In no way is that complaint enough for me to dislike the optic, and in fact it was very dependent on the angle of the window to the optic, so it may just be nit-picking.

I'll snap some pictures later, but so far I'm really loving the optic. I can't say just yet if it can hang with an Aimpoint, because as I said, apples and oranges. But I can say, I personally think it's a step up from the PA micros IF you're tired of the knob and external battery design. The auto on is quite nice and adjustment is super easy, I'd even say it's effortless. I guess right now only time will tell just how nice it is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I used mine today and it held zero for all of the 100 rounds I shot, I was hitting a 6" steel target at 100 yards with ease.  I do have a red reflection and it is kind of bugging me, don't know if I can get use to it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I used mine today and it held zero for all of the 100 rounds I shot, I was hitting a 6" steel target at 100 yards with ease.  I do have a red reflection and it is kind of bugging me, don't know if I can get use to it.
View Quote

what brightness setting?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

what brightness setting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what brightness setting?

Not very high, probably some where in the middle. Here is what the day looked like, my buddy took this pic, I never shot in the shade.

Hodge RD. by Jyruiz, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

QFT  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like what I see.

Assuming they're well sealed, and not a point of failure, I like the rubberized + and - buttons. They give it cleaner lines.  And as dumb as it is, the QR code on the scope to kind of "Trijicon it up" a bit, I have to admit I kind of like that.

To be totally honest, the ONLY beef I have with Primary Arms products is the old-timey western saloon sign font your logo comes in. Something slicker and futuristic/tactical and in a cleaner font would be nice. Although I'm going to keep on buying PA stuff even if you stick with the font anyway.

QFT  

Valid. Their products are well reputed. The logo font, however, is FUGLY.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I just set up my new holosun everything is a G.T.G .......except*
I am also having a problem with red reflection ,even with optic off just as Mike P mentioned in his post.
Indoors, outdoors in the sun,in the shade still there.
But if i swing the 3x magnifier over all is good no more red reflections.
I am going to have some others try this sight and see what they see.
I did try my aimpoint t1 at the same time and conditions without any kind of red reflection.
Anyone else having this issue
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, my reflection is there all the time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That's what BUIS are for
View All Quotes

So let's all run out and pick up some Barskas and Sightmarks! They usually work. If and when they quit.... Hey, "that's what BUIS are for".

I really, really want to say something about that "1" followed by that "3" but I'm not gonna go there...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Is there any way to capture the reflection on a photo?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Yup, mine looks the same but also has a reflection at the bottom part of the optic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Man...that is BLUE! I thought Marsh said that it only appred blue in certain indoor conditions and that this was the clearest glass yet?

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Man...that is BLUE! I thought Marsh said that it only appred blue in certain indoor conditions and that this was the clearest glass yet?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think the camera makes look bluer than it is, cause it does not look that blue in person.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still working on my review of the 2.5x compact for Marshall, I will have to see if he can send me one of these so I can see what you are talking about better next.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As people that have one stated the camera makes it look blue. It does not look that way in person
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As people that have one stated the camera makes it look blue. It does not look that way in person

What's to be said about the red reflection streak in the lens? I wanna pull the trigger on one, but not if I'm gonna be seeing red like that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#26]
ok, I must be doing something wrong here.

I thought the "auto-on" feature can not be turned off. I've tried this at least 3 times now. Turn on the red dot, put it in the safe, return the morning or after work, and the red dot does not turn on when i pick up the rifle.
Hence the first step, turning it on.

Anyone else having this issue?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Try a  little more intense movement when you first pick it up.  It should turn on to a medium setting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the "auto-on" feature can not be turned off. I've tried this at least 3 times now. Turn on the red dot, put it in the safe, return the morning or after work, and the red dot does not turn on when i pick up the rifle.

Try a  little more intense movement when you first pick it up.  It should turn on to a medium setting

Thanks. Got it now. I tried shaking it, but in order to get to turn on,  I literally have to swing it. I guess I was expecting it to be more sensitive.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
As designed. Take the rings off the front of an aimpoint and report back.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The upper part of the front glass on mine is tilted in and more so on the upper right side when looking at the sight from the front, is that normal?

Here is a pic.

http://<a href=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/13771238293_8a70f0e8f0_c.jpg</a> RDS. by Jyruiz, on Flickr" />
As designed. Take the rings off the front of an aimpoint and report back.  

Yup. Same as Bushnell TRS.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I really like this sight for the extended life. I'm going to wait for a later generation, though. I want to see the auto on/off feature smoothed out (or removed altogether, if it really is a 50000 hour battery life - why have an auto off?), and I'm not a fan of the battery in the mount. I want the freedom to use an aftermarket mount, like LaRue or ADM. Hoping these changes find their way into Gen 2
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Looking forward to future reports. I'm considering replacing the T-1 on the wife's rifle with one of these.

And putting the T-1 on mine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I just sold my 4moa t1 to get one of these! I can't wait for it to come!
Thanks!

Wondering if your going to have a 4th of July sale on you 1-6acss scopes! I plan on buying both .308 and .300blk versions!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:04:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Any way you could store the battery in the riser? Looks like you could fit a couple double or triple A's in there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Edited and deleted until further notice
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Any full reviews of this sight out yet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

lol.  Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your honest opinion on these new sights? Would you trust one of these new sights like the proven Aimpoints?

lol.  Really?

Actually, you might be surprised... Marshal is a very strait shooter, in my exp.
That being said, I wouldn't substitute it for the real thing, until it's been threw a battle type environment, and proven reliable
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Actually, you might be surprised... Marshal is a very strait shooter, in my exp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your honest opinion on these new sights? Would you trust one of these new sights like the proven Aimpoints?

lol.  Really?

Yes he is.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Question about the mount for this.

Can the mount be installed from the top of the rail or must it be slid on from the front or back of the rail?  Just wanted to make sure it doesn't require removal of my buis.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#40]
So does everyone experience a glare problem outdoors with these optics?
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It has come up a couple of times. More noticeable on Micros than full size. Feedback is focus on the target with both eyes open and you will tune it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does everyone experience a glare problem outdoors with these optics?

It has come up a couple of times. More noticeable on Micros than full size. Feedback is focus on the target with both eyes open and you will tune it out.

gotcha, the range I shoot at is very bright and I even get glare on my legit T-1. If I order this thing and it's really bad is it possible to exchange it for a Model 06 Microdot?
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Any more new or reviews on these?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll have my first look posted soon.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Waiting to see your review before I order one.  Are you close now?
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Are there any BUIS sights that are low enough to see thru the mount on this scope?  It appears to be a see thru mount.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Anybody??
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anybody??
View Quote

It's not high enough to comfortably see underneath it. You wouldn't be able to get a proper cheek weld.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks. Got it now. I tried shaking it, but in order to get to turn on,  I literally have to swing it. I guess I was expecting it to be more sensitive.

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Mine turns on everytime I grab my rifle. I have gotten in the habit of giving it a snap when I pick it up. This is still MUCH quicker than having to manually turn it on and the medium setting it turns onto is pretty good for most situations and ideal is only a button push or two away.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top