User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I just the newest person to find out about stereoscopic paired 3d bullet images?

Using This technique with These Paired Images, I've been staring at the image below in 3D, literally slack-jawed and cross eyed for the past 5 minutes.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No I have not. My job is not with weapons but there isn't a civilian scenario where this comes in handy. I don't have to clear a room everyday. It's a neat toy. When I build a rifle I have a purpose for what goes on it.
View Quote

What about hunters who want to spot their own hit of their high-performance AR15 or AR10, without destroying their hearing, or that of their tracking dog or fellow hunters?

I asked a gunsmith to make me something like this years ago, but he was buried in other projects and we never got around to it.

There are plenty of legitimate civilian applications for this system. It has nothing to do with SF, as every unit that needs reduced signature weapons already has suppressed options, although it could offer some reduced length solutions to those who don't want the headache of a can on the end of a 14.5" or longer barrel.

I would also be interested in a 5/8x24 model.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
what kind of buis is that there?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
what kind of buis is that there?
View Quote

KAC
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]

I really like how this Ferfrans CRD looks on an AR Pistol.

Ordered.

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes barrel length?  That's a clean look.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
10.3 in Daniel defense barrel.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#10]

starting to get really disturbing how many people im seeing run these Pistol Arm Braces for their Pistol AR's thinking they are winning by finding the loophole.

Then they go put an Angled FOREGRIP on the gun and think they didn't just do a no no.....

smh

On another note, this thing is awesome looking. There is a whole bunch of people out there im sure that would also love to run something like this in a blackout rifle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

starting to get really disturbing how many people im seeing run these Pistol Arm Braces for their Pistol AR's thinking they are winning by finding the loophole.

Then they go put an Angled FOREGRIP on the gun and think they didn't just do a no no.....

smh

On another note, this thing is awesome looking. There is a whole bunch of people out there im sure that would also love to run something like this in a blackout rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

smh

ATF made it clear to me that it is considered a handstop not a foregrip.  It is important though to make sure you have all the facts straight before diving into something like that.. It's also pretty well documented by other people who have also gotten responses from the ATF. Thanks for the props though.  I put a lot of time and research into the subject to make sure everything was within the guidelines of the law and am def proud of this platform.  It is what I have been training with primarily.  But what do I know, you're the one with 2000+ posts :).  You've probably seen the following link too I am assuming:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=509408
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

smh

View All Quotes
Quoted:

smh

AFG's and handstops are ok on pistols, here is an ATF letter stating such:

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/ATF%20Response%20-%20AFG%20on%20AR%20Pistol.pdf

Also, if the overall length of the firearm is over 26", even in "pistol" configuration,  you can use whatever fore grip you want, including a standard vertical grip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Putting the Ferfrans to work.  It may be a little flashy for my liking.  I may switch to a flash hider and or 300 blackout.  It does work as intended however.

Edit: This is with m193 ammunition
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Works great looks great, fucking winning!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Putting the Ferfrans to work.  It may be a little flashy for my liking.  I may switch to a flash hider and or 300 blackout.  It does work as intended however.

<a href="http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg607/emtothedee/FD09EFCF-47D9-4852-B6DC-273E843C5BC1-2645-0000022939C1D1C1_zpsb8e1ef85.mp4" target="_blank">http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg607/emtothedee/th_FD09EFCF-47D9-4852-B6DC-273E843C5BC1-2645-0000022939C1D1C1_zpsb8e1ef85.mp4</a>

Edit: This is with m193 ammunition
View Quote

Nice work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Barrel is 10.3 what is the rail length 9.5 or 10.0.
Love the look.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Love the look.
View Quote

9.5" mk5 rail
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Love the look.
View Quote

Mine is a 10.5 " barrel and a 9.5 " mk4.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#21]

What's up with the floor plate on your pmag?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It wasn't on all the way, no spring in it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It seems to be a good product but unless you're in the military or a contractor there's no reason to waste your money on it.
View Quote

Because civilians should have to enjoy nasty concussion?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No I have not. My job is not with weapons but there isn't a civilian scenario where this comes in handy. I don't have to clear a room everyday. It's a neat toy. When I build a rifle I have a purpose for what goes on it.
View Quote

How about the "civilian scenario" of, oh, say...shooting your SBR?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or shooting your AR Pistol?

This is a Very Nice option for those who can't get an actual suppressor & still want to lessen the "report" from a shorter barreled AR15 style rifle/pistol.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Just installed the CRD. Is there supposed to be some wiggle/play in the shroud when in the "lock" position?

Apologies for substandard camera phone pics.  It's all I've got at the moment.:

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just installed the CRD. Is there supposed to be some wiggle/play in the shroud when in the "lock" position?

Apologies for substandard camera phone pics.  It's all I've got at the moment.:

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/859/A9CXOu.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img674/476/sWhx0a.jpg
View Quote

there is on mine

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Roger. Just wanted to confirm that it was normal and not an anomaly.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have found it very difficult to take off after around 200 rounds, even with a good frog lube prep.  Let me know if you find the same for yours.  There gets a lot of carbon build up and find that it takes a lot of maintenance.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have found it very difficult to take off after around 200 rounds, even with a good frog lube prep.  Let me know if you find the same for yours.  There gets a lot of carbon build up and find that it takes a lot of maintenance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the Froglube treatment before the install.  I read about the shroud getting stuck after a high round count, so I'll run it hot this weekend and provide some feedback here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Ran a basic load of 210 rounds today.  Slopped on some Froglube prior to shooting.  No issues with the CRD getting stuck.  Will follow up if I experience the issue when I hit a higher round count.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top