Link is bad.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Micro polished eh?

Can you give a but more detail on this process? Any sort of warranty or post issue customer support on this?

The issue with doing trigger work on AR15 parts is that polish work tends to be easy to go too far and wear through the surface hardening.  Add that with a high round count and you could be doubling in no time.  This can be a huge legal issue.  Just curious what steps you have taken to prevent this.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
durabo - Great Question!  First we are NOT taking an already manufactured hammer and trigger and then doing a follow-on finish.  Your right this would likely render a hammer and trigger out of Spec.  We are actually doing the Polish during the grinding process.  Instead of doing a rough cut and then the standard MilSpec grind, we actually use a Finer stone at a slower more precise feed rate to achieve the smoother and more consistent finish. Then we use a polishing wheel to give it the over the top glass smooth surface.  For durability the polished surface actually increases the life expectancy due to less friction at the surface.  We also have a soon to be released  Nickel Teflon Coated hammer and trigger, that offers self lubricating properties, a higher Rockwell surface hardness, and an unbelievably  smooth and consistent trigger pull, for a standard trigger mechanism.

Thank you, and happy building!
View Quote

very interested in trying out the LPK and trigger. When do you expect to be releasing the nickel version and what will the price be? I'd hate to order something only to have a better version come out shortly after.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

durabo - Great Question!  First we are NOT taking an already manufactured hammer and trigger and then doing a follow-on finish.  Your right this would likely render a hammer and trigger out of Spec.  We are actually doing the Polish during the grinding process.  Instead of doing a rough cut and then the standard MilSpec grind, we actually use a Finer stone at a slower more precise feed rate to achieve the smoother and more consistent finish. Then we use a polishing wheel to give it the over the top glass smooth surface.  For durability the polished surface actually increases the life expectancy due to less friction at the surface.  We also have a soon to be released  Nickel Teflon Coated hammer and trigger, that offers self lubricating properties, a higher Rockwell surface hardness, and an unbelievably  smooth and consistent trigger pull, for a standard trigger mechanism.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Micro polished eh?

Can you give a but more detail on this process? Any sort of warranty or post issue customer support on this?

The issue with doing trigger work on AR15 parts is that polish work tends to be easy to go too far and wear through the surface hardening.  Add that with a high round count and you could be doubling in no time.  This can be a huge legal issue.  Just curious what steps you have taken to prevent this.

The process you describe sounds very promising.  I'm not one to get caught up in trigger pull weight, but sooner or later, someone's going to ask.  I'm going to guess that the trigger breaks at the lower end of "Mil Spec" just like the ALG trigger, which I find to be a very good value.  It sounds like ALG may have some competition in the market place.  If it performs like the ALG trigger, the price you're offering is more than reasonable.  The impressive thing about the ALG trigger, is that it's consistent.  I like a trigger that is predictable, and clean, not necessarily light.  I'm interested to hear how well this trigger performs.

DBAR
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#8]
so all you did was take a mil-spec LPK and polish the contact points? Good business idea actually, I'd do the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Will you be selling the nickle teflon triggers seperately or only in full kits?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Will triggers all be serrated like the one in the photo, or will they be available with a standard smooth face?
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow. You have very girly hands. That's ok with me though, you have a nice product.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered my LPK today, figured I would try in out on my current build.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I just ordered one kit to test the trigger/hammer in a New Frontier lower and a Century Arms Ar-15 sporter.
Will also be tested for the 9mm conversion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I got one of these from you last week and installed it in a pistol build.  This is by far the smoothest out of the box trigger I have ever felt. Everything fit and functioned perfectly.  This is going to be my new go-to lower parts kit.  Any chance you guys are going to offer a .308 parts kit in the future?
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Will triggers all be serrated like the one in the photo, or will they be available with a standard smooth face?
View Quote

Also curious about this.  How much more with the LPK's with the  Nickel Teflon hammers and triggers cost?
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nickel-Teflon Hammer and Trigger now optional with all AR-15 Enhanced LPKs

View Quote

just ordered one to try out!
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Nickel-Teflon Hammer and Trigger ordered!
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered a nickel hammer/trigger set today, one of my  Stag's has the gungiest trigger ever pulled, hope this will add a new dimension to shooting it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Is the sale still on?
I cannot access through the link ($69.00 on the site)
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is the sale still on?
I cannot access through the link ($69.00 on the site)
View Quote

Same question here.  After seeing spikes act like a child in the other thread, I'd like to get in on some of your products.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 3:48:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone else have issues installing the selector with this trigger?  I had a heck of a time and had to slip the selector pin in and then slide the trigger back in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone else have issues installing the selector with this trigger?  I had a heck of a time and had to slip the selector pin in and then slide the trigger back in.
View Quote

That happens some times with LPK's.  Had to do the same with my Spikes Enhanced LPK.  It's no biggie.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad I wasn't the only one! I had a real hard time with the selector!
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Glad I wasn't the only one! I had a real hard time with the selector!
View Quote

How is the feel of the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Two Questions

Are the roll pins the coil type?  If not, why not?

Why nickel teflon the whole surface, rather than just the engagement surfaces.  That would be like micro polishing the entire part, vs just what is needed.

Ok, three questions...

edited for bad spelling and beer grammar.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top