[#1]
great looking mount, might need the 30mm for my next build
then the mount will match the lower
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
how long will the free shipping last?
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Went ahead and ordered one for my lightweight hunting build. Hope this works out. FYI they are $5 off and free shipping right now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I Ordered a 30mm unit hoping that I can get a 1-6 Primary Arms scope when they become available.    I wish you would consider making a mount that would be lower to the rifle.  I have a Faxon Firearms .300 Blkout and the top of the rail is a tad higher than my other rifles.    LaRue sells some low rings but they get a fortune for them.    Thanks for your consideration on making a lower mount...maybe I am the only one on the planet that wants such a thing?
View Quote

There are plenty for sale if you won't non QD. The larue non QD rings are the same as the Leopolds IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ordered one for a future Primary Arms 1-6.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent!

I am going to need another mount here shortly.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Great mount. Very light but sturdy precision crafted piece. Looks good and clears my rear magpul MBUS with a 1x5 weaver tactical scope.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
its legit, nice packaging too
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be a buyer if/when the 1" QD version is released!
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]
another qd vote, would sell like crazy at $99
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup give ADM a hit up, I see their levers as OEM on other AR products. Midwest Ind AK side scope mount for example.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 3:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Bought it even though I was skeptical about the price.  Man was I wrong.  It destroys every other mount on the market in fit, finish, ease and quality.  Worth every penny!
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 3:06:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't forget weight. It's about 1/2 the weight or less of any other comparable mount out there.
View Quote

Any idea when they will be back in stock? I am wanting one for the Primary Arms 1-6x I just bought.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Any idea when they will be back in stock? I am wanting one for the Primary Arms 1-6x I just bought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't forget weight. It's about 1/2 the weight or less of any other comparable mount out there.

Me too...

I had one I sold with my PA 1-4X.  OOPS!
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Primary arms 1-6

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Beautiful work AP! This is something the market has needed for some time. I love the low power variable optic on an AR, but the weight is more than optimal. This mount will trim over 5.7 oz off the Buris PEPR that I currently use!
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Aero... Extended mount please??!
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Still waiting for QD model. This would go great with my aero upper and lower I just bought.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Aero... Extended mount please??!
View Quote

Yeah, after seeing that the PA 1-6x I ordered needs to be mounted further forward, I am wondering if this mount is going to work for me since I run the stock pretty short. If you guys could make an extended mount that is just as light, that would be amazing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#22]
i really wanted to use this mount but the ring position is too short, an extended model should definitely be in your guys' future.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We are looking at QD options and several extended versions as well. It will be a few months before we have anything though. We may change the rear ring position, as it is a bit further back than it needs to be. That change could be done much quicker.
View Quote

Moving that rear ring forward an inch or two could definitely help.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#25]
So I recently purchased one of these mounts and am EXTREMELY impressed with the machining, finish and over all quality.  However, the rear ring needs to be moved forward.  The eye relief using this mount has the rear objective level with the back off the receiver, which then requires a non-nose-to-charge-handle shooting position with the stock extended, and that really sucks.  PLEASE revise the design to move the rings more forward like all the other AR specific mounts out there (at lease the good ones).  If you do that, I will be putting that mount on every scoped AR that doesn't require QD.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So I recently purchased one of these mounts and am EXTREMELY impressed with the machining, finish and over all quality.  However, the rear ring needs to be moved forward.  The eye relief using this mount has the rear objective level with the back off the receiver, which then requires a non-nose-to-charge-handle shooting position with the stock extended, and that really sucks.  PLEASE revise the design to move the rings more forward like all the other AR specific mounts out there (at lease the good ones).  If you do that, I will be putting that mount on every scoped AR that doesn't require QD.
View Quote

This.  Mine went on, then right back off my rifle.  If they can move the rear ring, or make an extended model, they will have a winner.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#27]
WELP i was gonna buy till i saw the complains about NTCH.

IN for a revise!
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This.  Mine went on, then right back off my rifle.  If they can move the rear ring, or make an extended model, they will have a winner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why I wait.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
 For those who haven't visited our Industry forum:

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/NewScopeMount.jpg

View Quote

Better, but I fear not enough.  I say this in total respect because I like the mount otherwise.  Look at a Larue SPR mount and mimic that amount of cantilever.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Move the rings an inch more forward than the revision, I'll be the first to order
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#32]
When I first saw this mount I was impressed with the weight savings and the design.  But, like so many others I shoot long eye relief scopes like the TR24R.  

I suggest you remove uncertainty and publish a diagram of the scope mount with the following info.
1. The center height.  Yes, you posted it here at 1.5", but a diagram would remove all doubt.
2. The distance between rings AND the ring width.  So I can tell if this will fit my scope in my application.
3. The amount of forward extension to the first ring from the from the front of the rail mount.  The offset, in other words.
4. The maximum torque values.

I use extended scope mounts almost exclusively for my ARs.  And many others do as well.  The current market, I believe, is in supporting scopes with 1X-4X or 1X-6X low ends providing a red dot style fast aiming solution.  This requires more eye relief for shooting with both eyes open, which means the scope needs to be mounted with the eye piece ending about halfway  over the rear BUIS.  

I also suggest you add irons in the photos you post to remove clearance doubts.  Just use Troys they are kind of the de-facto standard.

I would like to pick one of these up and try it out as the weight savings is pretty good.  The finish looks great as well and the price is terrific.  Get the specs out, get the extended version out and you may have a winner.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I just ordered an adm recon x Mount for my primary arms 1-6x.  I had first ordered the aero Mount.   Would love to have an EXTENDED length aero Mount.   I would buy several of them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#34]
The eye relief is actually perfect for an AR-10/LR-308. If youre going to discontinue the original please let me know so I can order a couple extra. they look better

Also, what are the specs on the hardware. I need to source some extra fasteners. Thank you.

Link Posted: 12/31/2013 3:01:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have a BUIS or fixed sight they can mount behind the scope for a height comparison. Since I'm used to running a pretty low scope mount, just curious to how they match to irons height wise. Tape measure or calipers just dont do justice with a mental picture of it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I was pleased to find that Aero Precision has put the extended mounts on there site. Just what I was looking for, an alternative to the Burris P.E.P,R mount, but a fraction of the weight.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/scope-mount/ultralight-30mm-scope-mount-extended.html

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anybody tried repeatability of zero on removal, assuming the exact same slots on the upper's pic rail are used. Me thinks it would be fine.
Ordering an extended version. I love my LT104s, but they are TANKS. I've got to shed some weight off a particular rifle and I think this is the ticket.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#38]
For reference, I weighed my MidwayUSA AR-Stoner mount and it weighs 5 oz.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
This looks like a great product. I have a Burris PEPR mount and it's a heavy sumbitch, I think I might have to sell it off and purchase one of these. And it looks sexy too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Has anybody tried repeatability of zero on removal, assuming the exact same slots on the upper's pic rail are used. Me thinks it would be fine.
Ordering an extended version. I love my LT104s, but they are TANKS. I've got to shed some weight off a particular rifle and I think this is the ticket.
View Quote

Yes. It was not done scientifically so do not take it as corroborated fact, BUT POI was off 4 MOA Left and Up. I used a FAT wrench both times to 15 in/lbs on a new rail.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I am about to place an order for one of your new extended 1" scope mounts. Do you offer an ar15.com discount? I couldn't find Aero on the industry page.

thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:21:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes. It was not done scientifically so do not take it as corroborated fact, BUT POI was off 4 MOA Left and Up. I used a FAT wrench both times to 15 in/lbs on a new rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm. 4MOA is significant. Well, I guess ya just don't take it off then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am about to place an order for one of your new extended 1" scope mounts. Do you offer an ar15.com discount? I couldn't find Aero on the industry page.

thanks!
View Quote

I placed an Order last week for the 1" Extended Mount.  Will do a full review when it arrives.  Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I placed an Order last week for the 1" Extended Mount.  Will do a full review when it arrives.  Stay tuned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks!

I've got the 30mm Extended version on my Colt and love this mount. It blows comparable mounts out of the water with how light it is, but all while not compromising strength and rigidity. I'm glad I never placed an order for a P.E.P.R mount and got this mount.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've got the 30mm Extended version on my Colt and love this mount. It blows comparable mounts out of the water with how light it is, but all while not compromising strength and rigidity. I'm glad I never placed an order for a P.E.P.R mount and got this mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks!

Did you order it direct from Aero Precision or through a Dealer?  Would really like to now.  I couldn't find an Extended in Stock at a Dealer anywhere, so placed Order Direct with AP.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did you order it direct from Aero Precision or through a Dealer?  Would really like to now.  I couldn't find an Extended in Stock at a Dealer anywhere, so placed Order Direct with AP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks!

I also bought from AP direct as I could not find the extended any place but from them. I ordered on the 18th and it's still "pending".

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I also bought from AP direct as I could not find the extended any place but from them. I ordered on the 18th and it's still "pending".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks!

I ordered mine on the 18th as well and no notice either ...  Showed in stock, so that's why I was asking.  Oh well, I'm sure it's on the way - probably USPS though ...
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I ordered mine through Aero Precision. Mine was shipped fast and  through UPS.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I ordered mine on the 18th as well and no notice either ...  Showed in stock, so that's why I was asking.  Oh well, I'm sure it's on the way - probably USPS though ...
View Quote

I just checked my order and now it's "processing"

Can't wait to get this Vortex 1-4 on the Colt.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Ordering one for my AR-10.  That thing is a pig and I'm looking to shave weight wherever possible.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top