Posted: 9/27/2011 11:31:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I dont know how you guys do it.
Someone must be married to someone at FN

Even if the Optic is $300 (Which it sells for $400 everywhere) thats $700 for a Rifle with all in-spec parts plus the bonus of a Hammer Forged Barrel

Can you substitute an H or H2 buffer and pay the difference?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
As tacky as this sounds, PSA just released the game changer. Nobody can compete with that, not even the spider company.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazing deal, I don't know how they do it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
wow this is one sweet deal

very nice

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As tacky as this sounds, PSA just released the game changer. Nobody can compete with that, not even the spider company.

Well said!
It's incredable what PSA accomplished in just six short months. Excellent deal !!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice deal but for the love of god WHY does it have a carb length/16"? I will never understand why companies insist on supplying this combo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn. Nice setup at a great price!!1
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#9]
HOLY CRAP
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow. Very impressive.

You deserve to sell a LOT of these.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice deal but for the love of god WHY does it have a carb length/16"? I will never understand why companies insist on supplying this combo.

They've had that upper in stock for a while, I'm thinking they're trying to move stock by combining it with an amazing deal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

because its popular.

Very impressed with the price and quality PSA
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Any chance of a gun like this coming in other upper styles like mid-length or dissy?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've had that upper in stock for a while, I'm thinking they're trying to move stock by combining it with an amazing deal.

These uppers are using the brand new HF barrels that are stamped Palmetto instead of the fn roll mark. I just got my HF upper a week ago and it had the FN roll mark, so can't just be a surplus of uppers they are trying to move.

It is just like someone else said above...a great deal and game changer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

because its popular.

I agree that it us a popular combo, Mostly because the majority if costumers are uninformed. But I would think the people running big arms companies like palmetto and sig and the others would know that a midlength system has nothing but upsides on a 16" barrel. Longer sight radius, more rail space, arguably a softer recoil pulse, arguably less wear on parts, and it just plain looks better. Carb/16"s always look a little silly, even Mine.  

And then think about this, is some average Joe who knows little about ARs and just wants one gonna staunchly refuse to buy one of these if it had a midlength system? Of course not. He doesn't know the difference. So what's the point in making them this way? The guys who do know and care about gas system length differences will want the midlength, and the guys who don't know or care about gas system length won't give a damn, so I don't see a downside.

I could understand what one guy said about them wanting to clear out stock that's sitting around. Or perhaps they just happened to get a sweet deal on a bunch if CHF barrels that were allready profiled for carb systems.

Either way this is still a sweet deal. I have no idea how they are selling them this cheap with the PRO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#16]
PSA does off those configs. They are just offering this setup at this price at this time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Disregard last transmission.  I was coming in broken and stupid.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish PSA would put together a killer deal on a mid-length with HF barrel and awesome optic. I'd be in no doubt....
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny thing about being in business. You sell what sells if you want to stay in business. Nice rifle, great price guys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#20]
They sell nice enough, that they are out of them mofo's!!!!!!!!!!!  Ask me how I know...........LOL..  9080 Out
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

because its popular.

I agree that it us a popular combo, Mostly because the majority if costumers are uninformed. But I would think the people running big arms companies like palmetto and sig and the others would know that a midlength system has nothing but upsides on a 16" barrel. Longer sight radius, more rail space, arguably a softer recoil pulse, arguably less wear on parts, and it just plain looks better. Carb/16"s always look a little silly, even Mine.  

And then think about this, is some average Joe who knows little about ARs and just wants one gonna staunchly refuse to buy one of these if it had a midlength system? Of course not. He doesn't know the difference. So what's the point in making them this way? The guys who do know and care about gas system length differences will want the midlength, and the guys who don't know or care about gas system length won't give a damn, so I don't see a downside.

I could understand what one guy said about them wanting to clear out stock that's sitting around. Or perhaps they just happened to get a sweet deal on a bunch if CHF barrels that were allready profiled for carb systems.

Either way this is still a sweet deal. I have no idea how they are selling them this cheap with the PRO.

As long as "the majority of customers are uninformed" as you say, they will want something significantly similar to a Colt M4 / 6920.  Because as far as most of the firearms buying public, the Colt M4 is the "gold standard" of ARs.  

I'm afraid to inform you that there is in fact nothing wrong with the carbine gas system.  Both the benefits of the intermediate length gas system and the flaws of the carbine length gas system on a 16" barrel have been greatly exaggerated by marketing, not engineering departments.  

There's nothing wrong with a midlength, either, but it's not the world changing improvement you seem to think it is.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure the middy will be out soon, these days everyone wants what they think the Mil is using and most guys don't realize that the 16" barrel on a carbine length gas system is so overgassed. I am sure that the rifle is G2G knowing Palmetto but I would prefer a middy. Maybe by the time they get theirs out I will have cash for a spare rifle. As a company they have to fill the perceived greatest need in the market first.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm sure the middy will be out soon, these days everyone wants what they think the Mil is using and most guys don't realize that the 16" barrel on a carbine length gas system is so overgassed. I am sure that the rifle is G2G knowing Palmetto but I would prefer a middy. Maybe by the time they get theirs out I will have cash for a spare rifle. As a company they have to fill the perceived greatest need in the market first.

like I said, throw in a 16" HF barrel with a midlength gas system and an awesome optic at an awesome price and I'm all over it!  Maybe a complete package with their Dissipator?
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a good reason to sell a carbine upper with an Aimpoint PRO for $1015: SBR it. This would be an excellent gun to run as a MK18 clone for simply sending it to ADCO for a chop-n-thread treatment. $1280 for a complete SBR with one of the finest optic choices out there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#25]
How do these compare to a Spike Tactical or other mid range AR?
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

because its popular.

As long as "the majority of customers are uninformed" as you say, they will want something significantly similar to a Colt M4 / 6920.  Because as far as most of the firearms buying public, the Colt M4 is the "gold standard" of ARs.  

I'm afraid to inform you that there is in fact nothing wrong with the carbine gas system.  Both the benefits of the intermediate length gas system and the flaws of the carbine length gas system on a 16" barrel have been greatly exaggerated by marketing, not engineering departments.  

There's nothing wrong with a midlength, either, but it's not the world changing improvement you seem to think it is.  

~Augee

ETA: we are off topic. Edited to heed moderator warning.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey Palmetto...

Can this rifle combo be had with a lightweight "pencil" barrel, or is the M4 profile the only way you're offering this?

I'm thinking of this for my wife, and less weight is better.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#29]
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/bgoff689/Range%20Trip%2011-11-2011/RangeTrip11-11-201110.jpg

Back in October I was in Walmarts checking out their Bushmasters when an old friend told me about the deal Palmetto State Armory was offering. I hadn't fired an M16 since circa 1993 when I retired from the military. Back in 1969 when I started lugging an M16 GAU around, the only attachments we had were Starlite Scopes and XM148 40mm Grenade launchers which evolved into the M203.. Things have changed a whole lot since then.

Anyway we took a trip later on to Palmetto State Armory and I tore it down and checked it out real close. I bought the thing after reading the specs sheet and figuring out just how well they were made. The Aimpoint Point PRO was of course a nice addition. I managed to get a range trip in with it but only had time to put a hundred rounds through it.  It's a great platform and with all these new add ons or changes available it a good start. I have been looking around for some modifications.  I started by getting an Aimpoint 3X Magnifier with a twist mount, which ought to get here before my next range trip.

I'd been looking around at ARs for a few years now and was waiting for the right deal. I wasn't about to settle for a Colt at their prices so the PSA was a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/bgoff689/Range%20Trip%2011-11-2011/RangeTrip11-11-201110.jpg

Back in October I was in Walmarts checking out their Bushmasters when an old friend told me about the deal Palmetto State Armory was offering. I hadn't fired an M16 since circa 1993 when I retired from the military. Back in 1969 when I started lugging an M16 GAU around, the only attachments we had were Starlite Scopes and XM148 40mm Grenade launchers which evolved into the M203.. Things have changed a whole lot since then.

Anyway we took a trip later on to Palmetto State Armory and I tore it down and checked it out real close. I bought the thing after reading the specs sheet and figuring out just how well they were made. The Aimpoint Point PRO was of course a nice addition. I managed to get a range trip in with it but only had time to put a hundred rounds through it.  It's a great platform and with all these new add ons or changes available it a good start. I have been looking around for some modifications.  I started by getting an Aimpoint 3X Magnifier with a

Nice first post.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow, PSA is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Almost makes me wish I needed another 5.56 AR.

Looks like an outstanding deal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Be cool if you guys had a limited run of ban compliant deals,
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks.

Adding the Aimpoint 3x Magnifier means doing some changes since its 4" something long. The current rail doesn't have room for both Aimpoints and a backup sight.

I could use a LaRue Tactical Cantilever QD Comp M Mount the M68 CCO to set the Aimpoint PRO to where it extends further off the existing single rail. But the LaRue is going for $150.00 So replacing the M4 Style Hand Guard with new set of hand guards with some rails is in order.

I could think of a few other things I might want to add later on, so a new rail system might be my best bet. YHM Carbine Forearms with some mounting points for swiveling Sling Studs or Mil Spec. Picatinny rails is one option that I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#35]
amazing price
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Slowhand, what range is that at?

To keep on topic. Palmetto has really been changing the quality of firearm you get for an entry level price for the better. If I had the cash, I would get one of these for sure. I am looking at one of the uppers though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#37]

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/bgoff689/Range%20Trip%2011-11-2011/RangeTrip11-11-20119.jpg

I use the Mid Carolina Rifle Club, located in Gaston,SC. It's way out in the boondocks but well worth the time to travel to. I also collect and shoot blackpowder revolvers so the local indoor range was out of the question. The weather down here is mild in the fall and winter months, compared to up North, so I can hit the range on a regular basis. It's a rather large area with several large ranges. I got there late in the afternoon on Veterans Day, around 4:15. There was only one guy shooting on another range so there was no crowd to deal with. Members have to use a pass key card to get in the gate.

I put a 100 rounds through her before it starting getting dark. I just had enough time to see how the Aimpoint and the backup sight was working when it was time to go. Getting her on paper at 50 yards was of course easy. Now I just have to fine tune her for 200 yards and she'll be good to go.

I'm waiting to see how the Aimpoint 3X Magnifier sits on the current rail but since I'm planning on changing out the forearm covers or handguards, anyway it probably won't matter much. My local Palmetto State Armory has a fairly good supply of replacement options available. No rush though, I'll shop around a bit first. PSA did a great job in the assembly of a basic package and the money was right. I just have to make a few modifications to suit my personal preferences.
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#38]
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/bgoff689/PSA%20556%20M4A1/PSAAROpticsChange12-1-112.jpg

I then ran into a deal last week on an Aimpoint3x Magnifier, with a twist off mount, which I bought. Unfortunately there’s not enough room on the on the rail for both Aimpoint Optics and the Magpul Back up sight. I started looking around at my options. A LaRue Tactical Cantilever QD Mount M68 CCO, also called the M68, would have been a simple one but I had other ideas.

I went over to the PSA Front Store and talked to one of their gunsmiths. I decided to get Midwest Industries 2nd Generation AR15/M4 Drop in Handguard and set the Aimpoint PRO forward, moved the 3X Magnifier forward and set the backup sight one slot forward, per his recommendation. Then added 3 Magpul Ladder Rail Protectors. The gunsmith put this package together in the store and it looks quite nice.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/bgoff689/PSA%20556%20M4A1/PSAAROpticsChange12_01-111.jpg

I really didn’t care much for the M4 Style Handguard and the replacement feels really nice. Plus I got the optics the way I wanted them. I bought lunch for the gun smith, since they were having a busy day and one guy was going out for it. One has to appreciate good, customer service.

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#39]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top