User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 85
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PaladinM1911] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

Mike, we need more info on this when you can catch your breath, good sir.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
If anyone can post better pics of that brace…that would be awesome.

Mike, we need more info on this when you can catch your breath, good sir.  

Also, will you sell the brace separately? I like the design and would like to upgrade from my Magpul BSL.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
ANy idea on when stripped/unbarreled A1 uppers (blem, no blem; complete, not complete - whatever) will be updated?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
ANy idea on when stripped/unbarreled A1 uppers (blem, no blem; complete, not complete - whatever) will be updated?
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Some up right now
View Quote

Still available, that’s gotta be a record.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#7]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View Quote

I am sure it will be sold soon. Might be a couple of possibility. 1. After SHOT show, the gun fund went to spend on latest and greatest new products. 2. Early in the year, average people are struggling with bills on spending in last holiday season (Nov/Dec). Not all of us have unlimited fund setting aside.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mlin:

I am sure it will be sold soon. Might be a couple of possibility. 1. After SHOT show, the gun fund went to spend on latest and greatest new products. 2. Early in the year, average people are struggling with bills on spending in last holiday season (Nov/Dec). Not all of us have unlimited fund setting aside.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mlin:

I think its partially those reasons but it could also be that most people finally have finished their builds and don't need the carry handles as much. (I'd figure most people want one or two carry handle guns and move on) My other idea is that maybe people are patiently waiting for something specific like Gray C7s or the DOE uppers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Any plans for the 20" A1 barrel assemblies to return to stock?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Some up right now
View Quote

I needed one but was waiting since the gosh darn port doors are unobtanium right now.  I need two of them and have everything ready to go besides them to finish my two builds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Razgriz56342:

I think its partially those reasons but it could also be that most people finally have finished their builds and don't need the carry handles as much. (I'd figure most people want one or two carry handle guns and move on) My other idea is that maybe people are patiently waiting for something specific like Gray C7s or the DOE uppers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Originally Posted By Razgriz56342:

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExZ3JyNXJibzM2cnI2MDF5ajdqaXJzNnNzOHhvNGVsOXJvazhrb2RzaiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/3o6Zt4HU9uwXmXSAuI/giphy.gif

I don’t even know how many I have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mtomso7464:

I needed one but was waiting since the gosh darn port doors are unobtanium right now.  I need two of them and have everything ready to go besides them to finish my two builds.
View Quote
When you're playing the retro build game, you buy what you can when it's available. It's rarely all available at once.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtomso7464] [#14]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
When you're playing the retro build game, you buy what you can when it's available. It's rarely all available at once.
View Quote

Yes I have learned that. (I did buy one)  THe a1 doors were available about a year ago but other stuff was not so I did not buy them.  Now its the one thing I need.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]
The H&R LPK in excellent quality. The BCG is very nice as well. The roll mark on the bolt is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#16]
So, does this mean that my NDS items are now collectors items? In 30 years will there be a 'Retro NDS' movement?

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:03:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mike_nds] [#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Well if the 9mm magazines are as good as the blem lower is that are perfect.  I picked up my "blem" H&R lower today, it is better than any of the brand new AR's I got in Army.  That go's for Colt's a2, M-4, M-4a1 and FNa2s..... dang I was issued many rifles I guess that's why I want so many different AR'S now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wondering, but will we see some gray anodized 9mm specific uppers (no gas tube hole, no cam pin channel)?
I got in on the gray H&R 635 lower real early on (nice low serial) and been sitting with my black 633 upper from Garrisonmfg (which is a generic 604 receiver) for 2 years now... Gotta get this thing all gray!
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Any chance we'll see 10/22s from PSA anytime soon?

I'd love an option to get a factory 10/22 with Nodak sights
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I think this is the last time I buy a blem from H&R. I was looking forward to a gray receiver. I already have a black M16A1 upper and lower. They sent a note saying that it's still gray, but at the darker end of the range............except it isn't gray, it's fucking black.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Valiant1:
Well I think this is the last time I buy a blem from H&R. I was looking forward to a gray receiver. I already have a black M16A1 upper and lower. They sent a note saying that it's still gray, but at the darker end of the range............except it isn't gray, it's fucking black.
View Quote

So sell it and buy another one. Or return it.

Better yet, keep bitching about it... I'm sure someone will listen to you eventually.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

Better yet, keep bitching about it... I'm sure someone will listen to you eventually.
View Quote

I've already contacted them, but this thread is about H&R. Is it not? More of a warning that they'll sell a matte black receiver listed as "gray". Anyways, enjoy!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Lol

> Buys blem
> Complains about the blem
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#25]

I've already contacted them, but this thread is about H&R. Is it not? More of a warning that they'll sell a matte black receiver listed as "gray". Anyways, enjoy!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

PSA will take care of you. I’ve seen other stores that tell people to f- off on blems/used guns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#26]
You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Has it always been 18.00 shipping per lower regardless if yu buy 1,2,3 etc? What did I miss? I dont remember it being that high. I think I have even gotten free shipping on some. Is this something new?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Has it always been 18.00 shipping per lower regardless if yu buy 1,2,3 etc? What did I miss? I dont remember it being that high. I think I have even gotten free shipping on some. Is this something new?
View Quote

Yes it went up last year or so. There are still occasional free shipping lowers but most are that high per now no matter how many.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#29]
View Quote

I remember first half of last year flat rate shipping was $9 when I ordered (6/2023) my H&R lower .
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Yeah. Grey does what it wants. I have one that's two tone. I ordered a blem and got a blem. If you're not happy with it, shoot it with Moly Resin.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By A-10:

Yes it went up last year or so. There are still occasional free shipping lowers but most are that high per now no matter how many.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A-10:

I guess. But 72.00 to ship 4 stripped lowers is a tad excessive. But thats a convo for another section and I did post it in the PSA section.
As far as the gray lowers go. I have 8-10 that I have purchased since the first batch to present. They are all different shades. That said held agaist the black ones you can tell black is definately black so hold it next to a black anodized lower. If it is even one shade lighter then its gray. May not be the gray you want but that is a crap shoot. It doesnt both me as I paint everything anyway. I do have a couple that were really nice shades of gray that I built out with gray parts and left them unpainted but for the most part everything gets paint.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
Yeah. Grey does what it wants. I have one that's two tone. I ordered a blem and got a blem. If you're not happy with it, shoot it with Moly Resin.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:

Try soaking it in ice machine cleaner mixed with water.  It will lighten the grey.  It will make black look grey also like these, done for around 30 min with 9oz cleaner to 3 qts water:

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#34]
It’s March already, where are the new line of Ar retro pistols (635, DOE, and 733)? What the time line?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PaladinM1911] [#36]
Thanks Mike, looking forward to the new line.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Just a heads up. PSA to their credit fixed the shipping cost issue. It is now 9.00 per. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Will there be a 12.7 xm177e2 upper p&w to 16 in the future. Thanks mike
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Patina_Forger:
Will there be a 12.7 xm177e2 upper p&w to 16 in the future. Thanks mike
View Quote

It would be great to have a 12.3” instead. Paired with a 4.5” moderator (and minus a half inch overlap at the threads), would reach 16.1”

Don’t need to give more than required., especially almost 3/4 of an inch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bdgfate:

It would be great to have a 12.3” instead. Paired with a 4.5” moderator (and minus a half inch overlap at the threads), would reach 16.1”

Don’t need to give more than required., especially almost 3/4 of an inch.
View Quote

I was holding out for this as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I’d be interested in one of their M16A2 rifles if it didn’t have damn M4 feed ramps and a F front sight.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:26:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ColtComanche:
I’d be interested in one of their M16A2 rifles if it didn’t have damn M4 feed ramps and a F front sight.
View Quote

Ditto on a spare barrel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ColtComanche:
View Quote

Buy one and sell me the barrel, use funds to buy a Green Mountain barrel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Buy one and sell me the barrel, use funds to buy a Green Mountain barrel.
View Quote

Green Mountain has M4 feed ramps and comes with no front sight post at all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I figure this is probably the best thread to ask this - What is the correct address for H&R for the responsible persons form?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Is this in reference to an NFA application?
View Quote

Yes, for the RP form.  I used the drop downs in the actual form 1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JTX23:

View All Quotes

I didn't put an address on the individual Form 1 for my Commando lower and ATF approved it in 12 days. It just has HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON, UNITED STATES in the 'name and address of original manufacturer' field. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do the same on the RPQ.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By grondike:
I didn't put an address on the individual Form 1 for my Commando lower and ATF approved it in 12 days. It just has HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON, UNITED STATES in the 'name and address of original manufacturer' field. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do the same on the RPQ.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grondike:

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like I have been doing a lot more than I needed to all of these years.  Thank you for the responses.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top