Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2017 4:32:57 PM EDT
Are there any carbine options for an LM replacement upper, or is a standard A1 more likely? Any Air Force carbines?

A friend gave it to me about 10 years ago, I forgot & I "found" it in my safe. I have my 20" uppers, but have accepted RBRD as a chronic condition and this upper looks lonely.

Thank you all.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are there any carbine options for an LM replacement upper, or is a standard A1 more likely? Any Air Force carbines?

A friend gave it to me about 10 years ago, I forgot & I "found" it in my safe. I have my 20" uppers, but have accepted RBRD as a chronic condition and this upper looks lonely.

Thank you all.
View Quote

There may have been some carbines that were re-arsenaled with the LM M16A1 replacement upper. I know that the M16A1 was the biggest recipient of these uppers. I doubt any Air Force carbines were re-arsenaled with any since the vast majority of these carbines were slicksides, but that does not mean that it was not a possibility. I just think it was unlikely.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if any arsenal carbine rebuilds on the LM contract replacement A1 uppers.  I did score one off gunbroker NOS still in the plastic wrap back in 07. I used it to build my XM177E2. It is more of a charcoal gray anodize, not as black as the current A2 offerings.

You have a fine upper! build it up!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top