Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:11:41 PM EDT
So I've been slowly converting my old A1/A2 mashup pan era AR15 into a M16A1 looking AR. I got an A1 butt stock today and I'm wondering how to get it to look like my A2 did. the A2 one looks painted. It also matches the triangle front grips in look.

so this is what the A2 looks like.

the A1 is your standard mil-surplus looking thing with some numbers painted on the side of it. Any idea how to replicate this look?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
My question is, why do you want an E type stock to look painted like your A2 stock? Why not keep the E type stock as is? Do you have a pic of the E type stock?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Why does it matter?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your A1 stock a Type E or a Type D?

I personally don't like the rack number painted on the stock, so I'd remove that. But depending on what the stock looks like after that, I might suggest leaving it as is (without the rack number).
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why does it matter?
View Quote
It matters to many on this forum because this forum deals with RETRO AR's, not newer AR's....of which the A2 is considered.
 Asking how to get the A2 painted look is contrary to that which most if us here aspire to achieve. Most here try to duplicate, to the best of their ability, all the nuance's of the 60's and early 70's produced rifles.
 Does that mean you can't paint your A1 stock?  Of course not. Paint it however you like. Just saying that most here try to reach an end result that is as close to original as possible.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It matters to many on this forum because this forum deals with RETRO AR's, not newer AR's....of which the A2 is considered.
 Asking how to get the A2 painted look is contrary to that which most if us here aspire to achieve. Most here try to duplicate, to the best of their ability, all the nuance's of the 60's and early 70's produced rifles.
 Does that mean you can't paint your A1 stock?  Of course not. Paint it however you like. Just saying that most here try to reach an end result that is as close to original as possible.
View Quote
Thank you.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top