Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 11:12:04 PM EDT
Numrich has original "Colt 62316" marked M7 bayonets.  They are not the German made ones, but rather made by Imperial under contract.  The are used, very good to excellent, and come with used USGI M8A1 sheath.  Price $87.45.  I ordered one for my AR180, and I will let you know how it looks.  Personally, not a bad price for a US made, Colt marked bayonet.  They have lesser conditions for less money.

Numrich Colt marked bayonets
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Badass, thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Chrome
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Posted pics of mine in the Show us Your Colts Thread: Colt Forum.

This one & one of the German type.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]
They're on Gunbroker too: Click
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine today, WOW!  Just minor handling marks, and came with the Colt M8A1 sheath with pebbled finish on it.  Well worth the money.  Pics in a bit.  It will go really nice with my Costa Mesa AR180!

B
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, this sucker is SHARP!  Just grazed the base of my wrist, and cut me like a razor.  Was trying to get pictues, but will need the good camera, highlight with oil, and sunlight, as markings are faint and under the factory park job.  Mine is 99% with just minor handling marks.  It's nicer than the German made one I got at APEX a few years back.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Dammit... I wasn't going to, I refused! But today was pay-day and I am not a strong man...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, this sucker is SHARP!  Just grazed the base of my wrist, and cut me like a razor.  Was trying to get pictues, but will need the good camera, highlight with oil, and sunlight, as markings are faint and under the factory park job.  Mine is 99% with just minor handling marks.  It's nicer than the German made one I got at APEX a few years back.
View Quote
I never handled a Bayonet that was not razor sharp. The point of them was scary. I got one stuck into my face, the Zygomatic Bone, while fucking around one day(july 4th,198?) after a parade in San Antonio. It stuck straight out from my face until the Medic pulled it out , butterfly bandaged the cut ,and told me to never tell the COC what happened. I was impressed how sharp it was. Barely felt it, except for the weight of the Bayonet, I held it up til Doc could get to me.

Damn those were fun days, not a fucking care in the world, sparring with Fixed Bayonets after marching in a Parade. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the linked Gunbroker one doesn't have a scabbard.

THIS one does, but is nearly $10 more than buying direct.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a couple when they were on sale around this time last year - think I paid about $68 apiece.

Good stuff!
View Quote
Black Friday they had them for only $40 each.  They must have next to nothing in them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]
We sure they are real?

Rob
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Ditto. I bought a couple of the excellent/very good and a couple of the good condition - there was very little difference, mainly marks where they'd been pulled in and out of the scabbard.

Scabbards were the correct crinkle finish. If these are the older Colts (not too likely) they'd have the standard smooth finish ones.

Anybody order this time around who can tell us which?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Any reason why they list ar15 and m16 seperately?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
How are the ones made in Germany  differ from the Imperial made ones Mine does not have markings Imperial nor made in Germany .
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
They always do that. I noticed it with furniture as well. They're always the same stuff.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
    So that if you look for one, you'll also find the other. Basic but simple and effective marketing.
    Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:23:41 PM EDT
    [#19]
    Got mine yesterday.  I ordered the next step down in condition and still got what looks like a new bayonet.  Some drag marks on the blade from the scabbard and a little surface rust on the muzzle ring.

The scabbard also looks great...pebble/sand texture as has been mentioned.  The tie-down cord on the scabbard looks like nylon.  Were they using nylon back when?

This thing looks too good to be true.  How old are they supposed to be?  Where have these been all these years?  How did GPC come up with HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of these?  I'll ask again...are "we" SURE these aren't modern made?

Rob
    Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:45:42 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Received mine a few days ago. Yep, they are very sharp, no wear at all, pebble scabbard. Has small gaps between the grip and pommel/guard which seems to be fairly normal for these. Very happy with it. Certainly looks NOS to me.
    Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:46:29 PM EDT
    [#21]
    Oops, double posted.
    Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:45:31 AM EDT
    [#22]
    Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
    AR Sponsor: bravocompany
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top