Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2017 12:37:20 PM EDT
Just a head's up to the community that Sam Pikula's seminal work on the Dutch Armalite AR-10 rifles is now available on Kindle. Copies of the original
have regularly traded in recent years for hundreds of dollars and this is a great way for enthusiasts to get access to the material without paying an arm and a leg for a hard copy, even when one can be found.

While Collector Grade Publications recent offering on the Dutch Armalite's was of course well received by the community, it only supplants Pikula's earlier work, it does not replace it, and there is a difference between a book written by someone who has "been there, done that" and one written by an author with no actual personal experience. There are plans to reprint Sam's book (as he has been urged to for many years) but in the meantime, a Kindle copy is an easy, efficient, and cost effective method of having access to the material. If you've never had the opportunity to read this book, don't pass this up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know anything about plans to reprint it on paper?

I could borrow my wife's kindle but for reference material I like paper
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking for a copy I could afford for years; thank you Major 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Aw heck, I had to jump on the e-reader wagon just to read this book.

Mr. Pikula, if you read this, Im so thankful you changed your mind from your original response to me from the 2013 thread (so longingly mentioned in the e-book forward) where you rejected the idea of an electronic re-release. Ive waited for years to read your book. I hope there is a hardcover edition someday, I would seriously consider buying it on paper to add it to my library along with The Black Rifle 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Purchased. I spend my life on Kindle or audible these days. This will make airports and other long boring times where I have nothing to read fly by. Thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top