Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 4:30:55 PM EDT

I offered 20 to my gun smith who showed me this but he said no lol.... he feels its worth more. It said manyicire arms or something on the tag. What do you retro dudes say?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the tag says Essential Arms. I'm betting its a EA stock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the tag says Essential Arms. I'm betting its a EA stock.
View Quote
Should I get it and whats it worth?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
the angled cross hatch pattern on the buttstock is not essential arms.  i had some of these before.  i think they were early sendra ones.  not the best finishes, a lot of them had forging flaws which is why the buttstock pattern isn't too clear.  i had mine powdercoated a shiny black and they looked ok.  for $20, it's a fair price.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like the old Colts stocks
different size/style latch lock, a flash in the middle of the latch on the bottom, Colt is more “rounded” in places (Colt On Right, Essential Arms on the Left)

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks like the old Colts stocks
different size/style latch lock, a flash in the middle of the latch on the bottom, Colt is more “rounded” in places (Colt On Right, Essential Arms on the Left)

http://moonborn.com/media/upls/2016/06/EaColtStock.jpg
View Quote
The waffle pattern in Colt's aluminum stocks does not run at an angle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Should I just get it then?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Predator,

For $20.00, no more. Your gunsmith thinks he has "gold," fool's gold that is. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
if you want it....  try offering 30 or 40. Hitting the lowest  possible price the first time doesn't always sit well with a seller. With me it does not

it costs a whole lot more than 20 to make that stock... I am positive.

try 30.. or 40.. that's the most

People are asking 300 for colt stocks..  40 for a something that doesn't beat the five foot rule seems fair.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#9]
He said hed take 20 i used a firm tone and explain these stocks are from sendra and have a poor reputation.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top