Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2017 4:32:27 PM EDT
Hello all,

I am trying to identify a mystery carry handle mount that I have seen in the course of some research I am doing. Unfortunately, the owner of the original pictures does not want me distributing them at this time so I can't post the original, but due to the dates on the pictures I am fairly confident that the mount was made during the tail end of the Vietnam war. Due to the age I'm hoping the retro crowd will be able to help me out the most.

Basically, it is an aluminum mount, identical in every way to modern carry handle mounts except for two features:

1) The mount is completely smooth on top and does not have any of the slots you see on modern weaver mounts for the screws to fit. It is possible there are two grooves, one on each end, but I do not believe so.

2) The channel for the iron sights is 'U' shaped and cuts completely through the top of the mount.

Here is a photo of the closest thing that I have been able to find so far. This one has a couple of weaver slots in it through (half way down the mount). This one was also been modified, ignore that, the picture is mostly to show the 'U' channel and the largely smooth top rails without slots.

I would like to know who made these or really any information anyone has on them. I am also looking to purchase one or a close modern mount.

Apologies if this is terribly obvious and I have just been looking in the wrong places.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The bottom half of that mount looks like an original Leatherwood ART mount for the m16  that was cut off in the front and had a channel milled for see thru use.The top piece seems to be for a rail for a night vision scope. Curious to find out who made it and for what use.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hay welcome aboard papermaker81
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:45:38 AM EDT
[#3]
night vision scope mount
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The mount in the image that I posted is for a canadian C1 sniper scope, it is the only photo I could find that illustrated the U channel of the mount I am looking for. Unfortunately I can't distribute the original photo. The original mount is not milled like that one nor does it have the adapter on the top.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top