AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish someone would pop one open and survey the inside of the lower and report back to us. I got a sneaking suspicion it's not retro inside.
View Quote

Long time lurker on this site. For all the info and help I've gotten from the Retro gods over the years I figured it was time to pay it back in a small way.
I was up at the NRA Outdoor Show on Friday and again today. I saw the Colt display but didn't get a good look at the retro A1 until today.
They have two on display at either end of there booth. As requested I opened them up! The one rep was giving me a funny look but never said anything.

Outside impressions: First thing I noticed was the handguard material. They were dull in color and felt soft. Not the hard, smooth black. Hard to describe but you noticed it in your hands.
The flash hiders were both loose. I mean ready to fall off in another turn or two loose! Both of them were the same way. Surprised they were still there after 9 days of the show. I hand tightened
them up for the factory at no charge. FSB looks good. Forge codes and all. Lower looks really nice. All the rollmarks and logo are good to go. AUTO is there as it should be. Color is a nice grey.
Upper is good. C H codes, color matches the lower. Only thing I noticed was inside the carry handle the forge flash looked a little rough. Buttstock  was early style with no trapdoor and pinned rear sling swivel.
Again it was of a newer material and felt a bit different.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wish someone would pop one open and survey the inside of the lower and report back to us. I got a sneaking suspicion it's not retro inside.
View Quote

Colt A1 retro part 2:

Inside: Upper and lower fit was good. Pins came out easy but with no slop. High shelf with new semi auto Colt internals. Finish inside looked good. Nothing rough. Mag well was good too.
Only pulled the carrier out on one rifle. It was an M16 unit with a rough finish. Color was very dark grey almost a black. Bolt looked good, no wear and very stiff on the cam pin. C on the side of the carrier but
forgot to look for bolt markings. Charging handle worked as usual. All back together and checked and then back on the wall it went!

They had the $2499 msrp posted which was getting lots of laughs. I did notice hardly anyone gave the rifles any attention. I was past they're setup numerous times and rarely saw anyone picking them up as compared to
the other stuff they had. As usual Colt has the bare minimum for what passes for a catalog. I'm surprised they don't charge for it!

Hope this helps out a bit.  Overall it's a nice package. I think the best thing is the lower. My complaint is the furniture didn't feel right. For the price the collector boys will snag them up for sure.
I'll stick to my kit built A1's
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Colt A1 retro part 2:

Inside: Upper and lower fit was good. Pins came out easy but with no slop. High shelf with new semi auto Colt internals. Finish inside looked good. Nothing rough. Mag well was good too.
Only pulled the carrier out on one rifle. It was an M16 unit with a rough finish. Color was very dark grey almost a black. Bolt looked good, no wear and very stiff on the cam pin. C on the side of the carrier but
forgot to look for bolt markings. Charging handle worked as usual. All back together and checked and then back on the wall it went!

They had the $2499 msrp posted which was getting lots of laughs. I did notice hardly anyone gave the rifles any attention. I was past they're setup numerous times and rarely saw anyone picking them up as compared to
the other stuff they had. As usual Colt has the bare minimum for what passes for a catalog. I'm surprised they don't charge for it!

Hope this helps out a bit.  Overall it's a nice package. I think the best thing is the lower. My complaint is the furniture didn't feel right. For the price the collector boys will snag them up for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt A1 retro part 2:

Great report thank you.  I thought the handguards and buttstock had a kinda phony look to them also with sort of unusual coloring not like any real A1 handguards or buttstocks I have had or seen.  I've had NOS handguards and buttstocks over the years and they always looked just like any original used ones I've also had except without any marks on them.  Of course I have have some near perfect used handguards and buttstocks too and they look just like the rest of them.  Colt may have missed the boat on their reissue furniture too.  I sure hope not
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Long time lurker on this site. For all the info and help I've gotten from the Retro gods over the years I figured it was time to pay it back in a small way.
I was up at the NRA Outdoor Show on Friday and again today. I saw the Colt display but didn't get a good look at the retro A1 until today.
They have two on display at either end of there booth. As requested I opened them up! The one rep was giving me a funny look but never said anything.

Outside impressions: First thing I noticed was the handguard material. They were dull in color and felt soft. Not the hard, smooth black. Hard to describe but you noticed it in your hands.
The flash hiders were both loose. I mean ready to fall off in another turn or two loose! Both of them were the same way. Surprised they were still there after 9 days of the show. I hand tightened
them up for the factory at no charge. FSB looks good. Forge codes and all. Lower looks really nice. All the rollmarks and logo are good to go. AUTO is there as it should be. Color is a nice grey.
Upper is good. C H codes, color matches the lower. Only thing I noticed was inside the carry handle the forge flash looked a little rough. Buttstock  was early style with no trapdoor and pinned rear sling swivel.
View Quote

Here is the thing, CH forge codes were used from 1974-1982. Up until 1971, there were no forge codes. In 1972, the CK forge code appeared. Based on this info, they have the M16A1 configured with the wrong stock and FH.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Here is the thing, CH forge codes were used from 1974-1982. Up until 1971, there were no forge codes. In 1972, the CK forge code appeared. Based on this info, they have the M16A1 configured with the wrong stock and FH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet another mistake they have most likely made. I definitely think they should have gone with the type "E" buttstock and A1 flash hider and made a M16A1 that was all around correct instead of trying to shoot at (pardon the pun) an earlier more transitional type rifle.  But Colt wants to get those earlier type "D" buttstocks and three prong flash hiders out there because that's what people associate with a Vietnam era M16 even though they shouldn't always since there was both.  My dad served in Vietnam (Army) from June 1968 until June 1969 and the pictures of him carrying his M16A1 clearly show an A1 flash hider.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
That news about the flash hiders is hilarious.

If they ship like that you wonder what--if any--QC is conducted.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Loose yeah Probably guys trying to steal them..Not quality control. they busted people at shot show for grabbing stuff.Hopefully by next month the one I ordered will arrive. And the internet remarks should never discourage anyone form buying one or building there own, That is what freedom is all about.

and once they start shipping all will be put to rest of the hundred questions, what could be wrong with them? or what could be right?
its a rifle..Enjoy and have fun..
RON K.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Loose yeah Probably guys trying to steal them..Not quality control. they busted people at shot show for grabbing stuff.Hopefully by next month the one I ordered will arrive. And the internet remarks should never discourage anyone form buying one or building there own, That is what freedom is all about.

and once they start shipping all will be put to rest of the hundred questions, what could be wrong with them? or what could be right?
RON K.
View Quote

No one is trying to discourage anyone from buying one.  We just want to make sure we are getting something that for the inflated price they are charging is made as correct as possible and will hopefully someday go up in value enough to be worth at least what it cost to begin with.  When companies manufacture these remake and reproduction type items they never seem to do them right and then ultimately they end up going down in value.  Colt is doing some things right but it also appears they are doing some things wrong at the same time.

Ron, If you are planning to shoot and enjoy yours the way I do then there isn't much to loose but if you are putting it in a safe as a collectors item like most people will do then it might end up being a disappointment some day.

If they were selling them for $1,500 and had a few minor issues I'm sure know one would care very much.  The Troy remakes are not perfect, but close enough for the average person, and for $1,200 no one is complaining.  At $2,500 and having Colt's hand on them these reissue M16A1 rifles should perfect in every way possible (besides full auto of course).  And anything less then that is just unacceptable given the price.

Personally I would have liked to see Colt come out with two M16A1 reissue models.  A collectors limited edition true to the original with the 1:12 twist barrel like they are making but with a little more perfection in the build and that would be somewhat acceptable at $2,500 and then a unlimited quantity reissue with a 1:7, 1:8, or 1:9 twist barrel (I prefer 1:9 for all around shooting) that is much more useful today for around $1,500 that almost everyone that wanted one could own and enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Certain oils will make the gray look darker. Also, magazine photography may not show the actual color (because of lighting, inks, etc). Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The color looks grey in this write-up:

http://www.gunsandtech.com/news/tyan/first-impression-colts-new-retro-m16a1-reissue/

I believe those photos were taken at the Colt Media Event at Gunsite in November 2016. From what I saw at the Range Day before SHOT 2017, the M16A1 Reissue at the Colt bay looked grey to me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The color looks grey in this write-up:

http://www.gunsandtech.com/news/tyan/first-impression-colts-new-retro-m16a1-reissue/

I believe those photos were taken at the Colt Media Event at Gunsite in November 2016. From what I saw at the Range Day before SHOT 2017, the M16A1 Reissue at the Colt bay looked grey to me.
View Quote

The one they have used for any media and test shoot presentation along with range day has definitely been the same grey one they built that also has the somewhat weathered looking white filled roll marks but they also had a black or blackish one along with having the grey one on display in their Shot Show booth so that is what is causing the concern as to what will actually be shipping.

I can't imagine after all the questions that have been asked both in this forum and in other media as to the color that Colt would be foolish enough to send out anything that was not grey because as soon as the first few were received they would definitely get some serious criticism and potentially hurt the sale of the remaining rifles at that price.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

RON K.
View Quote
Good thinking. 

Must have been some thieves sneaking around with barrel   vises and old 3-prong armorer's wrenches. 
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good thinking. 

Must have been some thieves sneaking around with barrel   vises and old 3-prong armorer's wrenches. 
View Quote

lol I was thinking the same thing.  They could not have ever been tight since they could be taken off by hand.  Colt probably figures they don't need to be tight since most of them will never be fired anyhow.  They won't fly off sitting in the safe or hanging on the wall.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#14]
They have stolen dead mens gold teeth out of buried coffins, and copper out of operating machines, a flashider mere childs play at a busy gun show. and a grand souvenir from Colt. RON K.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#15]
T.G.E. I follow you I want them for my 2300 great also. Heck at $1500 I would have bought two of them kept one in box and another to shoot the heck out of. and fondle while watching full metal jacket. and gun show display sample for show and tell.  But at 2300 not so much. And I sold one of my original SP-1'S to get this retro. {I had three}and really only want a few collector pieces now anyhow, and I have a shorty Commando M-4 to shoot.I don't go shooting with 15 guns anymore. take a few and that's it I hate cleaning them for three days afterward.

So am hoping. these come in real nice.Since I gave up a minty cond 1966 date SP-1 as a even trade up for it.If not will peddle it off. I have many others to play and shoot with .. not a one gun Harry.like in Dirty, besides I also have a nice switchblade collection to equal his ankle carry.

RON K.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]
id go for a Black one. my buddy carried one just like it in the 80's
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I was told they will ship with one twenty round mag and a lock..WOW!If they go any more far out on this might have to order two!I was expecting nice period 20 round mag pouch set and correct sling. And a comic book manual..If you are going to do it do it right..

And somebody will probably want one in fde to match their Scar-16.

RON K.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
T.G.E. I follow you I want them for my 2300 great also. Heck at $1500 I would have bought two of them kept one in box and another to shoot the heck out of. and fondle while watching full metal jacket. and gun show display sample for show and tell.  But at 2300 not so much. And I sold one of my original SP-1'S to get this retro. {I had three}and really only want a few collector pieces now anyhow, and I have a shorty Commando M-4 to shoot.I don't go shooting with 15 guns anymore. take a few and that's it I hate cleaning them for three days afterward.

So am hoping. these come in real nice.Since I gave up a minty cond 1966 date SP-1 as a even trade up for it.If not will peddle it off. I have many others to play and shoot with .. not a one gun Harry.like in Dirty, besides I also have a nice switchblade collection to equal his ankle carry.

RON K.
View Quote

Am I reading this right..........you gave up a REAL Colt SP1 from 66 for a new Colt roll marked fake version of the one you had?  No disrespect.........it's your rifle but that might have not been the wisest decision in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I did think about what I was giving up. But this new retro I will shoot it, {The 66 was not getting shot} but going to another collector who will appreciate its cond after 50 years. and I don't feel shooting some rounds through the retro will hurt its value if I sold it in the future for 2 grand.I also still have a new in box 1973 date Colt Lettered SP-1, if the 66 was new in box I would have kept it. but alas the 1973 was,Taken out of the bag a few times to gaze at, Some may call that stupid. I call it lucky being able to keep one new and this retro to run some rounds Through. I am a old aged warrior.so who knows what time I have left and enjoy it the way I want to and always really had the freedom to do it.

To own, shoot and have had over 100 AR-15, 16's, M-4's 639's and other early model's kept me happy along with the early AR-10'S original Armalites I had in the 80's which now grace the walls of the Reed Knight Museum. along with a few Stoner's.. I look at it today as another fun rifle. To remember when I had ten M16a1's hanging on the wall. and a early XM177 to shoot the heck out of. Now today at what those cost, The guy would have to be nuts..

So sure giving up a 66 stings like a Arizona Bark Scorpion. { I know the feeling}but since so many have gone before. another can enjoy it.
RON K.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I did think about what I was giving up. But this new retro I will shoot it, {The 66 was not getting shot} but going to another collector who will appreciate its cond after 50 years. and I don't feel shooting some rounds through the retro will hurt its value if I sold it in the future for 2 grand.I also still have a new in box 1973 date Colt Lettered SP-1, if the 66 was new in box I would have kept it. but alas the 1973 was,Taken out of the bag a few times to gaze at, Some may call that stupid. I call it lucky being able to keep one new and this retro to run some rounds Through. I am a old aged warrior.so who knows what time I have left and enjoy it the way I want to and always really had the freedom to do it.

To own, shoot and have had over 100 AR-15, 16's, M-4's 639's and other early model's kept me happy along with the early AR-10'S original Armalites I had in the 80's which now grace the walls of the Reed Knight Museum. along with a few Stoner's.. I look at at today as another fun rifle. To remember when I had ten M16a1's hanging on the wall. and a early XM177 to shoot the heck out of. Now today at what those cost, The guy would have to be nuts..

So sure giving up a 66 stings like a Arizona Bark Scorpion. { I know the feeling}but since so many have gone before. another can enjoy it.
RON K.
View Quote

I feel ya Ron. I won't own anything I can't shoot.

No safe queens in my stable! They're all old work whores(ses)!

If I had one that nice or rare I'd sell it to fund one I CAN shoot!

Rifles are like women! It's a LOT more fun to shoot it than to just fondle 'em!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I broke down down and have one on order, just can't say no. I hope they do a XM177 as well or I will end up building one of those, and it will be a SBR for correctness.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You shoot momen??

I have a bunch of untouched safe queen Colts. Part of my retirement.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a few people contacting me recently asking what the Colt part number is for the M16A1 reissue rifles so they can both price (definitely negotiate) and maybe order one.

The Colt part number is: CRM16A1

Though the MSRP is $2,499 there are already some venders out there testing the water and trying to inflat the price by a couple hundred dollars into the $2,600-$2,800 range.  There is absolutely no reason to pay more then MSRP, they are not that great or even hard to get so don't over pay!  Keep in mind you are not going to be buying these for investment because they will most likely go down in price before they maybe someday come back up a little hopefully to what they originally cost.  Most resale dealers are paying around $2,000 for them so they do have a little room to negotiate if you are purchasing on the retail side and the dealer would like to make the sale.  Obviously if you happen to be a dealer yourself you are definitely saving a few hundred dollars from MSRP.  For instance Bill Hicks & Co. which is a wholesale distributor to dealers has them advertised on the bottom right of page seven in their latest sale flyer for a $2,127 wholesale price.  So in most cases if you can get one on the retail side for around $2,300-$2,350 you and the dealer are both making a fair deal.  Remember don't pay MSRP, there is no reason to, just shop around until you get the right dealer that will negotiate down on the price.  They would rather make $200 then nothing at all since there isn't a high markup on guns normally anyhow and some places are a little slow right now.

Here is the link to Bill Hicks webpage listing of the rifle which also shows the specs:
Colt M16A1 Reissue #CRM16A1

Take note that Bill Hicks has them listed as being black in the description and I have seen some other venders listing them as being grey so I guess we will see what is actually shipped.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link to Bill Hicks & Co wholesale flyer with their dealer pricing for Colt M16A1 reissue on page seven at bottom right:

Bill Hicks & Co wholesale flyer
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I am on a waiting list at my dealer for the 20 inch version and he was told by his distributor not to espect to see these before August if then.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I still don't see the allure of these. They are overpriced and not even correct.

I could make one with original parts and a properly engraved lower or a lower with a reweld mag section for cheaper.

On top of that, and most importantly, they aren't even made by Colt. They simply have a Colt rollmark and are made by a 3rd party.

I wonder how many people know they aren't made by Colt.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt had some layoff issues and custom shop issues lately probably smart that they had another company try this will see what happens I was expecting this in March. and March is here now maybe July or Aug. Heck they started talking about this in 2015.I will take it as it go's now.

RON K.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Colt had some layoff issues and custom shop issues lately probably smart that they had another company try this will see what happens I was expecting this in March. and March is here now maybe July or Aug. Heck they started talking about this in 2015.I will take it as it go's now.

RON K.
View Quote

I agree allows me to work on my XM177 anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Now Colt is closing and the world is ending.my GOD it sounds like the election..And everything afterwards. Lets all give it a break.and to those who don't want one. As Tommy Lee said in the Fugitive I DON'T CARE! And to those that have one on order and want one great.

Enjoy the freedom that is still America that you can still buy one.

RON K.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah they went B.K. three times also. And still making and selling gun's..so all is well in the world.

RON K.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I still don't see the allure of these. They are overpriced and not even correct.

I could make one with original parts and a properly engraved lower or a lower with a reweld mag section for cheaper.

On top of that, and most importantly, they aren't even made by Colt. They simply have a Colt rollmark and are made by a 3rd party.

I wonder how many people know they aren't made by Colt.
View Quote

Yes, and that may be a good thing, plus it's still Colt as in a Colt contract not like a Colt license product. Down the road it may or may not be worth more, but it will be a true Colt rollmark,  or some copy or unlicensed clone. Just saying.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Now Colt is closing and the world is ending.my GOD it sounds like the election..And everything afterwards. Lets all give it a break.and to those who don't want one. As Tommy Lee said in the Fugitive I DON'T CARE! And to those that have one on order and want one great.

Enjoy the freedom that is still America that you can still buy one.

RON K.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks man I luv it. a number of my buds from Chi-town had been in the movie. one of the best for Chicago scenes. and the best I' DON'T CARE!

RON K.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes, and that may be a good thing, plus it's still Colt as in a Colt contract not like a Colt license product. Down the road it may or may not be worth more, but it will be a true Colt rollmark,  or some copy or unlicensed clone. Just saying.
View Quote

No, just because Colt told another company they could use their rollmark, doesn't make it a Colt.

It is still on the level of a copy or clone, just with a proper rollmark.

As is they are marketed by Colt to try and make money off its brand-name.

Saying otherwise is trying to justify an overpriced purchase, and the only reason it might hold its value is people get all hot and bothered by anything marked Colt. Same with how some people feel about Apple products.

Colt started going downhill when they sold off the family business to investors in the 1950's.

It is a shell of its former self.

Ian at Forgotten Weapons did a good video on Colt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_TxE1d9HY
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#37]

This is a good piece. A lot of people will try to defend Colt, but there is no real defense for what has happened to Colt and the practices they have continued for years. People who are stuck on the Colt brand and rollmark are dreamers for al intent purposes. I like my Colts, but they are the Colts from the 1970s and 1980s except for my LE6920 made in 2008. As I, and many others, have said, Colt is not really Colt anymore, especially when it comes to the new M16A1 Reissue. It is a U.S. Ordnance product with a Colt rollmark. The same goes for a few of their modern ARs. Most of them are made in Texas. Anyhow, that was a very informative video Ian put together. I hope a lot of people watch it. It is an educational opportunity that should not be passed up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, just because Colt told another company they could use their rollmark, doesn't make it a Colt.

Saying otherwise is trying to justify an overpriced purchase, and the only reason it might hold its value is people get all hot and bothered by anything marked Colt. Same with how some people feel about Apple products.

Colt started going downhill when they sold off the family business to investors in the 1950's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but your missing the point and I am not a Colt fanboy I only own one Colt 1911 and a 1873, just for that official Colt logo, hell I don't even own a Colt AR! There is a differenence though in someone approaching Colt and asking for use of their trademark and Colt actually hiring it out. Their just not set up to do that work and it's still cheaper to do it this way verse setting up to do a special small run. This happens all the time in many industries, Colt will back it, Colt will warranty it, and no one knows the terms, they may supply the parts, technical information, we don't know exactly what. You would be surprised how many companies make parts for everything and everyone else, and put another name on it. Making the statement it's not Colt is not true and misleading. I do want to again state I'm not a Colt fanboy or even taking their side, I'm just stating the reality of it all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#39]
The one thing that sticks out as not accurate is the CH marked uppers that are not time period correct for a Vietnam era M16A1.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The one thing that sticks out as not accurate is the CH marked uppers that are not time period correct for a Vietnam era M16A1.
View Quote

This is absolutely correct. I pointed this out a couple weeks ago. With the era of M16A1 they are depicting, it should not have any forge codes. These did not appear until 1972 (C K).
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#41]
If Colt releases these.before they have anymore money issues. they maybe a real Gold Winner in future, my 73 Colt has no forge code at all on the upper. forge code or not it would be nice to get One.Went and read that new copy of Colt 2017 new guns today just came out this past week. they do show the retro in it and a few pic's. I figured a better photo spread> no luck.< what are they afraid to show the rear of the butt stock and the handguards and swivel's. same two side shots of it and carrier. anyways will wait patiently{but I never really do} until my order arrives. already noticed better price than the 2300 delivered I was told.   But hey if I get it maybe a week or two faster.

And I have figured its going no place collector wise. since its not true 100% Colt, so will take it out and shoot it maybe even throw some Nam Dirt on it I have in a jar. And just enjoy it. I bought another Marine Colt 45 auto this week. to take out and shoot and enjoy.  So this redo retro  Colt, Will actually replace my M-4.I know its not for everyone.

but that's good there will be enough to go around.Since everybody does not want one.
RON K.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top