Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 12:07:03 AM EDT
I have 6 more of the Delton 20" light weight (pencil) barrels that I want to put together with some A1 stocks, 3 prong flash hiders and Triangle hand guards.
I dug thru my stuff and found some A1 Upper receivers,( A1 RECEIVERS ARE NOT FOR SALE OR TRADE) I don't really want to use them on this project.
Trying to use up some of my parts I already have.

My problem is I hunted most (all) of the vendors I know about and I could not find any of the C7 upper receivers for sale.
Anyone know of a vendor that has some still in stock ?
I prefer the commercial ones, these builds are going to be just for looks.
I have been watching the EE for some but no luck yet.
I put something in the EE under the WTT.  
I may have to put something in the WTB also.
But I am lazy and it would be easier to just buy some if I can find them.
Thanks
Ron
This is a picture of 2 of the 4 I have already put together.
The other two are the same except for A1 flash hiders on them.
They are quick and easy builds.
All commercial made parts except for the hand guard, and flat ring.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]
RGuns has them, but they're out of black - they only have matte sand and OD in stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Ron.

I doubt it right now.  You're about 3 years too late on those.  Ask Troy to sell you some?  Someone here might want to trade if they have some but I can't picture too many here buying that stuff except on clearance.

Windham did a run a year plus ago now but they were over $100 stripped.  Complete they were $149 I believe but they sold them.  I think you would be better off just selling the kits like you have as a retroish barrel assembly and furniture combo deal personally and not throw away coins at the project.  The DPMS out of specs were cheap on clearance once they figured out they were all out of spec but doubt whoever bought them up will sell them cheap even if they still have them.

I checked GB for DPMS and nothing. See VAAR with the Rguns  I guess and I see their ads in FAN every week.  Just only ever saw junk from them in the past and $150.  How are you going to make that work? Have you actually looked at the page upon page of complete stuff that isn't selling.

I saw a few limited complete weapons that had the C-7ish uppers at x-mas for less than $400 with factory hard case mags bla!  bla! but they were sold out by the time I saw them and it might have been the typical grocery ad to get you in the store thing too.  Am seeing the uppers start to show for the price they paid for the whole weapon.  Same with the take off Colt stuff.  Buy it strip it,  part it out and make a few hundred off each weapon.  How can one not asking $300 for a barrel and $190 for an upper,  $150 for a BCG etc.  Figure out where you want to be.  

I would advise not to buy anything if you are really trying to sell the stuff off.  

I say this because I've been unloading my gun crap for years now and still have more today than I started with due to finding more deals and still bulk buying them when I can and people know I have coins for this stuff if deal is right.  Once the gun stuff is finished I still have a few 1000 sq ft of antique toys and such to unload that I keep putting off and actually dread.  One because I probably paid more than I can get and it's simply too much stuff.

You can still sell a few retro receivers in 10 minutes and have the few $100 for less than 2 hours total time invested, pics, ads,  packaging, shipping, banking, etc.  Barrels the same.  Don't have to give them away either.

Going to need to utilize the time wisely unless you want to make that extra $50-100 on every item when you actually finally sell one.  Look at TALC on GB.  Guys been there for years with that over priced stuff.  It's real nice stuff,  we all know it and some is rare or condition is rare but not 3X it's true value and what's he sold in 5 years 4 items? Obviously he's not trying to sell anything.  He could have made more than a few $K profit and been doing something else with his time in the amount he has wasted and won't ever get the wasted time back.  I think you are beginning to realize like myself that father time is gaining at a very rapid pace.

Look at what isn't selling which is most all the over priced retro out there,  drop at least $20 off of that and let it go if used typical SP-1 condition.  

AR platform Market's going the other way for now.  How can it not?  First time in 10 years America has finally got the gundumbs out of the picture for the most part,  stuff sure isn't going to go up in value.  Why would it?  

Think I'd sell the decent retro stuff that will sell immediately and worry about the inferior stuff  like the Delton down the road  and not buy anything else unless upgrading personal weapons but wouldn't advise it.  If your going to sell it off buying isn't going to accomplish anything positive. I need to practice what I preach.

Retro is different although it's being produced again,  granted NDS can't get any receivers.  Wonder why!  Aluminum is at an all time low and more of it than ever so what really gives,  who cares?  NDS probably cares.  

May be a great time to sell off some uppers with authentic barrels before the Brownells 20 inch barrels hit town.  Why would you buy a well used Colt with no proof of how it shoots when you can get a lifetime guarantee Brownell's for less?  It's happening!

There was recently a shortage of the Delton LW's but they have plenty now so you may have missed that window. Were on EE not too long ago for $109 so how cheap are you going to sell them and not look foolish unless you bundle with some more valuable parts but regardless something is going to be given away at a loss today IMO.  

Hard to sell anything that isn't Colt or FN USGI right now or upper tier due to the PSA and Midway Stoner complete upper almost junk for $300 or less on sale most daily.  Tons of competition out there right now and stuff isn't selling unless giving it away or real nice retro for less IMO.  Legal transfers is as cheap today as ever.  

Trumps going to keep those OE sub contractors busy too.  At least we will get something for the tax coins besides 300 pound plus worthlessness and the free clinics are full of it.  

Look at the top of the page here.  This is a simple question with a simple answer.  What here on this page would you give your kid and think he received a top quality present?  RRA possibly.

American made AR's are quickly getting like foreign AK's or most everything else made in America today.  Not much out there besides food that is actually worth carrying out of the store today, period and thats only because we need it to exist.  The rest of the throw away crap like this PC isn't necessary.  How many today pay $100 a month for the use of a phone.  Shows you right there we aren't breeding intelligence like rabbits.  

JSE has had Remington 18" fluted barrels with the pinned gas block for $100 and have had them for going on 2 months and only sold a few by their counter.  Granted .223 only chamber and high shipping where today free shipping is cost of doing www business.  Same box I have to pay $19 to ship,  USPS ships for Amazon for $7 and I now get my mail every two days instead of daily.  I get my Amazon on time though. We all know that a Delton will never perform nearly as well as the $100 Reminton on any day.  Sorry for rant just trying to help you out with your decisions based on the many mistakes I constantly make.

Good luck!  I'm sure a few here will take something off your hands.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the response. lots of good ideas and information.
I don't have any plans on selling these at this time ( maybe never).
I thought about selling some of this stuff, but I doubt if it is going to happen.
I can take them apart and build something different with them.
I just have a lot of parts I need to build with and trying to use them up.
I am a disabled vet and enjoy building them.
Thank You very much,
Ron
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a question. Why do you want C7 type uppers? If you are trying to make some M16A1 type clones, then the C7 upper is not correct for the A1s. An A1 upper is correct as they do not have the brass deflector (Brunton Bump). Also, if you are intending on these to look correct in some way, an A1 FH is more appropriate. The 3-prong FH was found on some early M16A1s along with D type stocks. If you are just building stuff that is retro-esque, then what you are planning on doing is fine. As far as receivers, you would be better off using Nodak Spud NDS-603 uppers (and wait for several months) or even go with the slickside uppers from Fulton Armory. That is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a question. Why do you want C7 type uppers? If you are trying to make some M16A1 type clones, then the C7 upper is not correct for the A1s. An A1 upper is correct as they do not have the brass deflector (Brunton Bump). Also, if you are intending on these to look correct in some way, an A1 FH is more appropriate. The 3-prong FH was found on some early M16A1s along with D type stocks. If you are just building stuff that is retro-esque, then what you are planning on doing is fine. As far as receivers, you would be better off using Nodak Spud NDS-603 uppers (and wait for several months) or even go with the slickside uppers from Fulton Armory. That is just my opinion.
View Quote

I hate wasting/using good retro receivers on what will be a semi-clone. ( I know they are really all clones).
I am planning on using my early colt receivers on some early builds. If I need to I can use them for now and as I need them just remove them.
I figure I can find some of the C7 upper receivers cheaper and easier than the real ones.
I like NODAK uppers, I just don't like the wait. ( I have some NODAK lower receivers)
I have plenty of D and E stocks and hand guards I can use.
I had forgot about Fulton Armory, Thanks, I will go there to look.

These are just fun builds. My grandsons like to shoot them and I enjoy watching them shoot them.
I have several of the A2's, A3's and M4's.
They just don't hold my interest like the retro rifles and carbines do.
Ron
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hate wasting/using good retro receivers on what will be a semi-clone. ( I know they are really all clones).
I am planning on using my early colt receivers on some early builds. If I need to I can use them for now and as I need them just remove them.
I figure I can find some of the C7 upper receivers cheaper and easier than the real ones.
I like NODAK uppers, I just don't like the wait. ( I have some NODAK lower receivers)
I have plenty of D and E stocks and hand guards I can use.
I had forgot about Fulton Armory, Thanks, I will go there to look.

These are just fun builds. My grandsons like to shoot them and I enjoy watching them shoot them.
I have several of the A2's, A3's and M4's.
They just don't hold my interest like the retro rifles and carbines do.
Ron
View Quote

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Gotcha.
View Quote

Fulton Armory is sold out of the upper receivers.
Thanks anyway.
Ron
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought about it and the cost of the C7 uppers is going to be almost what I can get some uppers from NODAK from.
I guess I will just order them from NODAK and Wait.
There are others I can build for now any way.
I checked and I have all the other parts except for a few of the port doors. ( I can call Slim for them )
It looks like I got spoiled on buying parts when I was wanting them.
Thanks for everyones help on this.

Ron
This carbine is built with all commercial made U.S. parts.
My younger grandsons like it the best. I sometimes install the 22LR kit it for them.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Years ago I got some blem cast C7 receivers from the Olympic Arms table for dirt cheap. I looked at their website and they only show A2 receivers for sale. They still have their Plinker rifle listed for sale, and it has a cast A1 style receiver. It may be a C7 since they only show the left side. You might try and contact them and see if they will sell any of those uppers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a good day today. While digging for parts I found a new C7 upper.
Tomorrow I will dig out the parts that I need to put together another rifle.
I pulled out the barrels and looked at them.
They are all Non-F marked FSB. barrels.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top