Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2016 7:15:55 PM EDT
While I was expecting a package in the mail today, I also received another much larger box for a friend in Pennsylvania. Once I opened that box, I found it was brimming with retro goodies:

- PRISTINE, never mounted 20" C MP B barrel
- Front sight base, with sling swivel and rivet attached, with two taper pins
- Three A1 handguards, 2 lefts, one right
- Mottled A1 pistol grip
- Gas tube. rifle length
- PRISTINE Type D buttstock with swivel and sling ring
- M203 handguard, with front leaf sight attached
- Charging handle, less latch and spring
- Commercial six-hole carbine handguard set, without heat shield

Additionally, there was a vented handguard  for what appears to be a Winchester 1897 riot shotgun, a set of M4 handguards, and several small internal parts for an M1911A1, along with a copy of an article on the US Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI) chopped .45 ACP pistol.

I damn near cried. Much appreciation for my retro brothers.

Merry Christmas, gents.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If that was a "Secret Santa" package to you, you must have been a really good boy this year!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
ima,

Based on this past year, I was expecting coal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't enter because everyone sets the bar too high!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I call ... Pics or it didn't happen.....You know the rules.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Can an FNG like me post pics?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice!

It was not part of the official retro secret santa though so don't be scared off next year!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Did I build up any credibility now?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love that M203 with front sight attached!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You have some quality friends

Congrats and be thankful
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love that M203 with front sight attached!!!
View Quote

I need that for my M16 or my M16A2 build, with airsoft M203.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You have some quality friends

Congrats and be thankful
View Quote

travis,

I concur fully.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Great gift! Santa must have thought you were really good this year.

Check the twist on that barrel. I and several others bought some from GPC recently (from this link) and even though they were C MP B marked, they turned out to be NOS replacement 1/7" barrels from the mid '80s.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
That works for me still. Retro look, yet accepts heavier ammo is cool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Trenchgun heat shield is from a Winchester 1200 not a 97. Still a very good retro part.

PS. If you can't use it, I know somebody that can
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]
VERY nice Retro Haul!

My target won't be as happy as you but I DID exceed the $25 minimum! But not by that much!

Sweet Swag!

MAGA Christmas yall!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, lemme ask this about the barrel I got: should I use this new one in place of the SAK barrel I already own on my early 603 XM16E1 build, or just use the SAK and use this new barrel on another build?

I am open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay, lemme ask this about the barrel I got: should I use this new one in place of the SAK barrel I already own on my early 603 XM16E1 build, or just use the SAK and use this new barrel on another build?

I am open to suggestions.

First thanks for sharing the haul.  Pretty decent especially if free.  Doesn't look too bad if one was paying.  Best answer is build a retro with both barrels.

Either barrel would probably be appropriate for an XM16E1 arsenal / armorer replacement barrel.  Personally I've had more USGI XM16E1 upper receiver assemblies with SAK replacement than Colt replacement barrels.   Could also be those before me grabbed up all the Colts and left the rest with the later mfg'd barrels but the Colts I got from same batches generally still had original barrels with upper proofs and most the XM16E1with USGI replacements weren't Colt proofed so mostly replacement parts builds too.

I kinda like the SAK's over the Colt's all things being equal like new and such for shooting accuracy.   For chrome bore LW profile the SAK's have always been the better shooters,  just ask any military marksman from the LW era and probably the best chrome bore barrel reputation.  Go chronologically prior to chrome bore milspec and some of those early Colt non chromes would really shoot when nice and fresh.  Just ask any of those guys if they could even still remember for various reasons but mostly being 70 plus in age and a life time spent on booze/ drugs and such.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Apologies.  The new fangled site double tap.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 Just ask any of those guys if they could even still remember for various reasons but mostly being 70 plus in age and a life time spent on booze/ drugs and such.  

View Quote

HEY NOW!  I resemble most of that remark!

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"several small internal parts for an M1911A1, along with a copy of an article on the US Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI) chopped .45 ACP pistol."
View Quote

Remember me saying this back then? I inventoried the parts tonight.

Suffice to say, after the inventory, the word "several" was a HUGE understatement.

I only need the following parts to complete a pistol:

- Barrel, complete
- Bushing
- Ejector
- Plunger spring
- Plunger tube
- USGI Rear Sight
- Grip Screws (4)
- Grip Screw bushings (4)

Added later: I checked my parts stash, and look what I found. The barrel and bushing will need to be cut down, but whatever.

Now I bought a Remington Rand slide online today, along with some internal slide parts. Given this, I am less than $100.00 away from making a replica OSI .45 pistol!

Time to look for an 80% carbon steel 1911 full size frame with a smooth frontstrap (if possible).

Added later again: I only need an ejector and a USGI rear sight, along with the 80% frame now. I also bought a Commander bushing online, to reduce costs at the gunsmith, one less thing to cut down.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Yup!! Ya dun goodly...
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top