Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2016 10:31:22 PM EDT
"Two Cadillac Gage stoner 63 rifles. Very very rare guns. Few were made and almost none survived this fate."

Not mine. Posted on imgur.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude

you need to edit your title to "WARNING, GRAPHIC...."

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually they are Stoner 63A not 63 guns.

I just had a new commando barrel made for mine from on that was a smooth bore. i could use those barrel parts to have a rifle barrel made since I am missing one from my gun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
unless a long lost relative dies and leaves me with a small fortune ,  I couldn't afford a 63A. the next best thing that comes close is what I bought back in 1998 and still have  a ROBINSON ARMS EXPEDITIONARY M96.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/RA_M96_EXPEDITIONARY_RIFLE1.JPG

I seriously thought about have the rear sight "Swiss cheesed" to make it look even closer to a 63A, but never got around to having it done.  it's nice in a way that the sight comes off, so there would be no need to send it to a FFL
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  unless a long lost relative dies and leaves me with a small fortune ,  I couldn't afford a 63A. the next best thing that comes close is what I bought back in 1998 and still have  a ROBINSON ARMS EXPEDITIONARY M96.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/RA_M96_EXPEDITIONARY_RIFLE1.JPG

I seriously thought about have the rear sight "Swiss cheesed" to make it look even closer to a 63A, but never got around to having it done.  it's nice in a way that the sight comes off, so there would be no need to send it to a FFL
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a 63 or 63A pistol grip and/or butt stock for sale?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, the Robinson...

I both love and hate mine! It had so much potential with the Bren kit, the quick swap barrels and planned belt fed conversion. Then Robinson said screw you to everybody who bought one.

No parts, no conversions, no support.

Screw you Robinson Armament, you will never get another dime from me!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ah, the Robinson...

I both love and hate mine! It had so much potential with the Bren kit, the quick swap barrels and planned belt fed conversion. Then Robinson said screw you to everybody who bought one.

View Quote

This....EXACTLY!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Well here is a picture of what you could make with those parts (and a few more). The Stoner 63a in carbine configuration.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Suhweeeet!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well here is a picture of what you could make with those parts (and a few more). The Stoner 63a in carbine configuration.

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Stoner%2063A%20Carbine%20right%20open.jpg

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Stoner63ACarbine-left-KCB70-bayonet.jpg
View Quote

that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, is it yours?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, is it yours?
View Quote

yes, it is a transferable machine gun and I own all the configurations except for the fixed and a rifle barrel.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This....EXACTLY!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, the Robinson...

This....EXACTLY!!!
Yup. I sold my Carbine years ago and bought another AR. Plus mags and ammo. I bought it specifically because of the promise of a belt fed conversion.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:45:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Robinsons mistake was not copyrighting trademarking or patenting the belt feed kit before they made the first rifle.

Everybody was holding off buying the rifle until Robinson came out with kit and someone else beat them to it. It was called it the Revere 96A1 only one was confirmed as being made. The makers patented the kit and wanted to license production rights to Robinson. They couldn't afford it.. The only known Revere 96A1 kit ever made sold for $13,000 on Sturm.

With no kit available to boost the sales of the M96 to the point of reaching economy of scale and almost no profit margin in the rifle themselves they were unceremoniously discontinued.
It's a shame. I was told by a guy who owns both a Stoner 63 and an M96 that if fired them with my eyes closed I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. They are a neat gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:30:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Robinsons mistake was not copyrighting trademarking or patenting the belt feed kit before they made the first rifle.

Everybody was holding off buying the rifle until Robinson came out with kit and someone else beat them to it. It was called it the Revere 96A1 only one was confirmed as being made. The makers patented the kit and wanted to license production rights to Robinson. They couldn't afford it.. The only known Revere 96A1 kit ever made sold for $13,000 on Sturm.

With no kit available to boost the sales of the M96 to the point of reaching economy of scale and almost no profit margin in the rifle themselves they were unceremoniously discontinued.
It's a shame. I was told by a guy who owns both a Stoner 63 and an M96 that if fired them with my eyes closed I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. They are a neat gun.
View Quote

I own a Stoner 63a and have shot a M96 before. in my experience there is quite a bit of difference in feel between them. Much of it has to do with the Stoner being 1 lb lighter and seemingly balancing a bit better, probably due to the weight distribution difference on the added weight. Also the Stoner had a buffer built into the carrier the .that the M96 does not. This seemed to make the Stoner feel a little smoother though the gas system on the M96 might have been set too high.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top