Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 9:06:46 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I got a line on two Green Mountain barrels. These are stripped 20" pencil barrels in 1:12 twist.

Is there a place that I can find all the parts that I need in one place to finish the barrels? I really want to cut down on shipping prices if I can.

What is the difference between FSB .625 F marked and non F marked? Does it matter if one is F marked or not?

So what is it that I need to complete the barrels. A list of parts would be great. If you have links that would also be great too.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
you'll need the following parts:

back end:
barrel nut
weld spring
slip ring
snap ring

front end:
front sight base
2 taper pins
front sight post
front sight post spring
front sight post detent
sling swivel
roll pin or rivet for sling swivel
handguard cap

muzzle end:
lock washer
flash hider
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey everyone, I got a line on two Green Mountain barrels. These are stripped 20" pencil barrels in 1:12 twist.

Is there a place that I can find all the parts that I need in one place to finish the barrels? I really want to cut down on shipping prices if I can.

What is the difference between FSB .625 F marked and non F marked? Does it matter if one is F marked or not?

---->. F-marked is for Flat top ARs & M4s, so you want a NON-F FSB<-----

So what is it that I need to complete the barrels. A list of parts would be great. If you have links that would also be great too.

Thanks everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you everyone!

I'm hoping that a few more of these barrels or other barrels pop up. I got lucky that I asked GM when I did and two were found in house. I will copy the parts list and if more stripped barrels pop up I know what I will need.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
AR15 Sport has most of what you'll need in their retro section. Click the Upper Parts section for all but one of the parts BW listed and then do a search for the barrel nut. You might find some of the individual parts cheaper elsewhere but it's nice to get everything in one package.

http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/category_v3.aspx?categoryid=91
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR15 Sport has most of what you'll need in their retro section. Click the Upper Parts section for all but one of the parts BW listed and then do a search for the barrel nut. You might find some of the individual parts cheaper elsewhere but it's nice to get everything in one package.

View Quote

I was looking over there earlier. I think they have most everything. The slip rings they don't or I didn't see them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was looking over there earlier. I think they have most everything. The slip rings they don't or I didn't see them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They have reproduction slip rings on the Upper Parts page in both black and XM grey.

And I started to say thanks for compiling the list to boywonder777 in my original post but it didn't survive my editing for some reason. Thanks, Lionel! After buying the stripped Colt barrel from GPC I'm going to have to be doing the same. In the past I've bought either complete upper assemblies or barreled uppers, so this is new to me also.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They have reproduction slip rings on the Upper Parts page in both black and XM grey.

And I started to say thanks for compiling the list to boywonder777 in my original post but it didn't survive my editing for some reason. Thanks, Lionel! After buying the stripped Colt barrel from GPC I'm going to have to be doing the same. In the past I've bought either complete upper assemblies or barreled uppers, so this is new to me also.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no problem.  i had some stripped barrels i sent to JT for finishing work not too long ago.  if you need some parts, email me.  i have a few sets left over from that batch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

no problem.  i had some stripped barrels i sent to JT for finishing work not too long ago.  if you need some parts, email me.  i have a few sets left over from that batch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you! Looking forward to the parts.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top