Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 7:27:02 PM EDT
I just bought a big clothes dryer sized  box about 2/3 full of m16 and a few other parts from a guy who lost his job.  
I probably overpaid but got a number of boc, milpar, imperial,colt bayos, armalite waffle mags, no trapdoor stocks, barrels and handguards and grips for a1's.  A small number of a1 uppers some really early ones.  I'm wondering though are these the so called seatbelt slings? I got one to clean up good haven't done anything with the rest.  They nearly all have powdery white stuff on the buckles but it mostly brushed off the green hued metal parts.  I also am wondering is the upper shown early?  There is no forge flashing on front or back of front sight.
The guy I got the stuff from converted a bunch of parts m16 parts kits to flat top m4's and he said this was the extra stuff he chucked in a box in his shop.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just bought a big clothes dryer sized  box about 2/3 full of m16 and a few other parts from a guy who lost his job.  
I probably overpaid but got a number of boc, milpar, imperial,colt bayos, armalite waffle mags, no trapdoor stocks, barrels and handguards and grips for a1's.  A small number of a1 uppers some really early ones.  I'm wondering though are these the so called seatbelt slings? I got one to clean up good haven't done anything with the rest.  They nearly all have powdery white stuff on the buckles but it mostly brushed off the green hued metal parts.  I also am wondering is the upper shown early?  There is no forge flashing on front or back of front sight. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/kevin917z/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmtkwa1hv.jpeg
The guy I got the stuff from converted a bunch of parts m16 parts kits to flat top m4's and he said this was the extra stuff he chucked in a box in his shop.
View Quote

the one mag alone is $200.
How much did you pay and any more photos?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a xm16e1 with cast fsb?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, those are seatbelt slings.  I have two of them, there's a guy on ebay selling them in good condition for $14+ ship.

Need more pics of the uppers to determine what they are, make sure to include markings and front lug area
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Any interest in selling one of the no forge code/colt proofed upper receivers. I would be interested in a seatbelt sling also.

Great purchase

That is a fun box.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up with 7 colt a1 uppers most are no forge code round forged and just 2 square forge one square forge is super gray colored.  If I sell stuff off online it's going to be in lots of 10.  I'm going to sort and count the slings by color as some are more brown some are more od green.  I was also wondering if the one no forge flash front sight was xm17 rebarreled.  There is the drain hole under sight post but the barrel is c mp c marked on bottom
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Feel free to let me know what you are selling and what you want. I would love to get a hold of a XM177 barrel as well
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks cool, can we see more pics?  Be sure to check the WTB and WTT areas of the EE.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#8]
More pix please sir!!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top