User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 7:55:20 PM EDT
For your viewing pleasure

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoy his videos. Specifically, the 1911, AK74, UZI, and M203 ones.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding....Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to have to check the book out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Can I watch it even if I am just a printer repairman?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I watch it even if I am just a printer repairman?
View Quote

Sorry, bro.
Operators operating operations only.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't that  a Sudanese or Transitional?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
It is a Guatemalan version denoted by the drilled barrel shroud and flash hider, in the US they are most commonly pre-samples, I think they are probably the most common title II AR10 as well. Those folks need a five min block of instruction on how to shoot an automatic rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is a Guatemalan version denoted by the drilled barrel shroud and flash hider, in the US they are most commonly pre-samples, I think they are probably the most common title II AR10 as well. Those folks need a five min block of instruction on how to shoot an automatic rifle.
View Quote

Larry seemed to handle it better than the other guy...made me a little concerned for the camera there...doing the whole tactical tuck into the shoulder looked cool but didn't seem to help out too well on auto. Then again I shouldn't judge it would probably knock me on my ass
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool gun. I shot a cetme in auto, 762 is a handfull.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Larry seemed to handle it better than the other guy...made me a little concerned for the camera there...doing the whole tactical tuck into the shoulder looked cool but didn't seem to help out too well on auto. Then again I shouldn't judge it would probably knock me on my ass
View Quote

Sort of hard judging someone who has made it though selection.

That "other guy" is Tyler Grey.  He just about had his right arm blown off in Iraq while serving with 1st SFOD-D.

That might explain why he has to tuck the weapon.......
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#11]
The slow motion shots at around the 1:50 minute mark is crazy.
It looks like that thing is going to tear itself apart.
Check out the tines on the flash hider waving around!

I remember seeing a video of Jerry Miculek firing an original AR10. Looked like it was going to knock poor ol' Jerry on his butt when he went full auto.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That "other guy" is Tyler Grey.  He just about had his right arm blown off in Iraq while serving with 1st SFOD-D.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Larry seemed to handle it better than the other guy...made me a little concerned for the camera there...doing the whole tactical tuck into the shoulder looked cool but didn't seem to help out too well on auto. Then again I shouldn't judge it would probably knock me on my ass

See I didn't know that which is why I put my comment in on the end. I wasn't judging larry at all by the way.

p.s. As someone else mentioned the amount of movement in the entire rifle while shooting is pretty impressive. the barrel whip is pretty cool to see.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

See I didn't know that which is why I put my comment in on the end. I wasn't judging larry at all by the way.

p.s. As someone else mentioned the amount of movement in the entire rifle while shooting is pretty impressive. the barrel whip is pretty cool to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That bbl whip looked similar to the AKM slow mo videos.  Would still shoot
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the movement it just always shocks me to see the amount of movement in any firearm during the process. I remember seeing a vid of a G3 one time in slow mo and that thing moves around a whole bunch too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Larry seemed to handle it better than the other guy...made me a little concerned for the camera there...doing the whole tactical tuck into the shoulder looked cool but didn't seem to help out too well on auto. Then again I shouldn't judge it would probably knock me on my ass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tyler is lucky he still has his right arm.

It was filleted in an indoor IED blast when clearing rooms in Iraq.  He said he was blown against the ceiling, slammed against the floor, back against the ceiling, before finally landing, world completely shattered.

He's had to work very hard to regain limited use of his right arm, and has done a fine job, I would say.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I love those old AR10's

the original had a really interesting muzzle device, that was later abandoned for rifle grenades

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I sometimes miss mine a little, but when I see it being shot, I don't miss it at all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
The 7.62x39 variant is pretty interesting...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Most accurate military surplus rifle I have ever shot.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/Suomessa392.jpg
View Quote

What variant is yours (I'm not a AR10 guy), and is the bbl heavier than the one Vickers shot?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/Suomessa392.jpg
View Quote

yours a nfa ar10? how often do you shoot it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Not mine, and not in the US.

It's a friend's who is a collector in Europe.  It has a hole, but no sear, which is cool by their strict standards.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I miss all of mine they now reside at Reed Knights.And I know he was happy to get them including the original RARE semi model and the Quick Change heavy barrel models and sniper and carbine shorty. great stuff thanks for posting. brought back some good times from the 80's.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top