Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2016 10:06:20 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a gunsmith who can perform milling services on a lower? Specifically I am interested in milling the lower fence off an Armalite AR-10b lower. I am currently making a "retro" clone of a Cuban AR-10.

I tried Nodak and retroarmsworks.com and both do not perform milling anymore.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Regarding the original post... Just to clarify, I still perform milling operations.  I just declined to take on that specific AR10 project that I was asked about.

John Thomas
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask Braceman, if its an 80% receiver

EDIT:  Note to self, read carefully before posting

Nevermind

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You might be better off finding a local machinist rather then a gun smith for such a project. Best of luck on your project.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The great folks (Victor) at "U.S.Anodizing" did my Armalite AR10B lower.
Removed the fence, and the bump on the other side where the mag latch is.
Also removed the bump on the upper receiver, and re-anodized both.
With the trigger charging handle, it looks very much like a vintage AR10......Phil
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top