Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 7:24:48 PM EDT
What are yall using for your A1-clone builds? Im not super worried about the trigger and hammer, but what about the safety? Seems like every company has a notch on the opposite side, which match doesnt match the originals. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using original Colt M16A1 parts that I neuter into semi auto parts.  That way I get the correct fit and finish, AND the military quality.  It is EASY to modify the parts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually get M16 selectors and modify it for semi-auto. I have used original Colt hammers, triggers, and disconnectors as well as commercial ones.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
ar15sports.com has "no tick" selectors for sale in their retro section, but, they are a little pricey at $30.00 (an extra $20 for one less machining operation is a bit steep for me!)

If you're cheap like me, you can also make your own.
On my last build, I used an Anderson LPK. Their selectors have a raised pointer on the rights side, instead of the recessed "tick".
A couple minutes with a flat file, some sand paper, a little naval jelly and I had my own "no tick" selector.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Model1Sales had selectors without the mark at $12. I don't know if their current offerings have the mark or not.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a sp1 selector for mine . Check the EE frequently

Edit to add : I use SSAE triggers in all my guns including retro's . Looks good and great trigger pull.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Brownells has Colt semi selectors listed for $18.99. In the past their semi selectors have not had the notch (and the picture doesn't show one), so I took a chance and ordered a couple yesterday when they had free shipping.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/safety-parts/safeties/ar6721-fire-control-selector-semi-sku160308145-4902-10881.aspx
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont want to modify A1 parts to make it work for the selector, Id rather just get a replacement. Thanks guys.

Quoted:
Model1Sales had selectors without the mark at $12. I don't know if their current offerings have the mark or not.
View Quote

Ive read that somewhere, might be worth a shot. Thanks

Quoted:

Edit to add : I use SSAE triggers in all my guns including retro's . Looks good and great trigger pull.
View Quote

SSAE is probably the way Ill go, love a good trigger. Thank you

Quoted:
Brownells has Colt semi selectors listed for $18.99. In the past their semi selectors have not had the notch (and the picture doesn't show one), so I took a chance and ordered a couple yesterday when they had free shipping.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/safety-parts/safeties/ar6721-fire-control-selector-semi-sku160308145-4902-10881.aspx
View Quote

Dang and I placed an order with them the same day for the free shipping deal, wish i would have known!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont want to modify A1 parts to make it work for the selector, Id rather just get a replacement. Thanks guys.

Dang and I placed an order with them the same day for the free shipping deal, wish i would have known!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The selector pictured in the Brownells link is the newer style, with the lever going almost completely across the face of the switch. These look out of place in a retro build.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The selector pictured in the Brownells link is the newer style, with the lever going almost completely across the face of the switch. These look out of place in a retro build.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct, and the ones pictured are what I received. I have a couple of newer Colts with the older style selectors so these may get switched out.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top