BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/14/2015 1:29:45 AM EDT
We did Secret Santa last year, (thanks to JHud), I really enjoyed it, and I hope others did as well.  If the Mods are ok with us doing it again, I was thinking I'd give JHud a break this year, and organize this for him.  That way, he can participate.

I figured we'd start a little earlier this year, and let people have a bit more time to scrounge, and send their presents off.  

Blatantly stealing from JHud's rules from last year, $25 minimum part/trinket value.  If you want to go higher, that's your call, but not necessary.  This should be fun, and some part you have laying around, just waiting to be the seed of a new build that you don't want to get into at the moment.

I'll gather everyone's info, and distribute it out once it's all been collected

Rules:
1) Don't flake out
2) IM me your Full Name and Address by 12/01/15 - Title it "Secret Santa"
3) Minimum relative value $25
4) Be cool
5) Do Not Open Until X-Mas! (or thereabouts)

Once you've got your SS Target, figure out what you're sending them, package it, and send it off to them.  You can mark a return address on the package, and that might give you away to some members, but avoid putting your name, or any other identifying info in or on the package.  Remember, SECRET Santa.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for stepping up turnerboy im sent
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in again this year and thanks for taking the reigns on this (pun intended)

I don't know if it will make things more complicated but perhaps don't have it be a direct "I give to you and you give to me" but mix it up so I give to you, you give to somebody else etc. if that makes sense?

I felt bad in that last year I sent pretty much the same thing as I got so I felt kind of like we just exchanged the same parts :)
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Banshee, that is my intent. You won't be swapping with someone, it'll be a big circular chain of gifts.

Still doesn't guarantee that you won't get the same thing you give, but at least BOTH of you probably won't.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've gotten a few PMs of interested Retroers, but almost all have forgotten the things I need to make this work.
Please make sure you send me your Full Name and Address!
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a reminder, you've got one week left to sign up for Secret Santa.  I'll be sending out info to participants starting in December.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
How many of us signed up?  How about retro AK parts?  I know a lot of us like the other flavor of retro, too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got 7 people signed up right now.  

I think we should avoid sending AK parts, unless you are super confident that the recipient you are assigned is into AKs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem.  Maybe participants can drop you a line if they are retro AK and AR.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like fun!
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many of us signed up?  How about retro AK parts?  I know a lot of us like the other flavor of retro, too.
View Quote

I'd be in for that or maybe just a retro parts thing in general (AR, AK or whatever). I don't want to devalue the retro AR thing but how many of us started a retro project due to a single part? An AK or HK G3 stock set might be the start of something wonderful and expensive lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in...

Being the space cadet I am, secret santa and dirty santa rules tend to vary.. Its a good thing someone else is in charge this year
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am in...

Being the space cadet I am, secret santa and dirty santa rules tend to vary.. Its a good thing someone else is in charge this year
View Quote

No problem, I figured you deserved a chance to join in the fun this year.

We're up to 12 now.  If anyone else wants to join in, let me know by Dec 1 (Tuesday)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'd be in for that or maybe just a retro parts thing in general (AR, AK or whatever). I don't want to devalue the retro AR thing but how many of us started a retro project due to a single part? An AK or HK G3 stock set might be the start of something wonderful and expensive lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I once bought a Saiga to restore to pistol grip variety because someone gave me a standard AK stock and Tapco G2 FCG!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think we should avoid sending AK parts, unless you are super confident that the recipient you are assigned is into AKs.
View Quote

What's this "AK" you speak of? Is that some type of commie weapon?  Is it politically correct to say "commie", or is that a no-no nowadays? If is is not OK, please change my statement to:  "is that some type of weapon from a politically challenged group?"
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What's this "AK" you speak of?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHA!  Why, Alaska, of course...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#16]
One day left to join up for Retro Secret Santa!

I'll be sending out target info to everyone who signed up, starting tomorrow.  

Please sign up if you haven't already.  Just send me a PM with your full name and address, and you can join in the fun!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's my AK

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:47:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Im in,   Merry Christmas Everyone.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, we have 14 participants this year, and I just sent out all of the assignment PMs.  Each PM should include your targets handle on the board, as well as their name and address.  If, in the confusion I sent you your own name (not out of the question), please let me know, and I'll send you your actual target's info.

If you think you signed up, but did not get a PM, please let me know immediately, and I'll see what we can do.

I used a random number generator to distribute targets.  No one is paired up, so everyone should be getting something from an unidentified source.

I forgot to mention it in the rules, but don't mark your box with your handle or name, if you can help it.  You can put your return address, and that might give it away for some folks, but most probably won't know each other's addresses.

Thanks to everyone that joined in this year, I'm looking forward to seeing what you all get!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Well CRAP!

I was hoping to pawn off this ugly green grip!

Early Merry Solstice 'yall!

I will hopefully be around more now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well CRAP!

I was hoping to pawn off this ugly green grip!

Early Merry Solstice 'yall!

I will hopefully be around more now.
View Quote

I saw that a few times in the 2014 thread. I think the rules are a bit different now, but it is good to know I shouldn't be afraid!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Cal, if you really want in, I doubt anyone's already sent anything off, so I could probably squeeze you in . . .

. . . but only if you promise not to regift from last year!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cal, if you really want in, I doubt anyone's already sent anything off, so I could probably squeeze you in . . .

. . . but only if you promise not to regift from last year!
View Quote

I'm SURE I could find something that is not painted green and makes me want to spend money!

ETA IM Sent.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope everyone is starting to get their parts together, and shipping them off.  If you haven't yet shipped, please try to do so in the next week.  Xmas is creeping up on us quick, and soon it will be too late.

That also means that people are probably starting to receive their SS presents.  Remember, don't open them until Xmas!
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope everyone is starting to get their parts together, and shipping them off.  If you haven't yet shipped, please try to do so in the next week.  Xmas is creeping up on us quick, and soon it will be too late.

That also means that people are probably starting to receive their SS presents.  Remember, don't open them until Xmas!
View Quote

Mine will be going out tomorrow probably VIA ups. I put my things to send out on the side and they were helpfully tidied away by my domestic partner....so yeah almost a week of thinking I was going crazy later I've found them so i'll get them out expedited.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]
HA HA!

Parts Squirrels.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#27]
The box set sail today!

And there is NOT a ugly green grip in the box!

(THAT'S for NEXT YEAR!)
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, package went out today priority mail. I was getting kind of worried about getting it out in time with all the crap I have going on and was still looking for my stash of GP slings to throw one in there as well but I don't know what I did with them

There's some cool stuff including some pins I'm not even sure what they are for so perhaps the person who gets it can tell me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a bunch of PMs from people saying they got their packages out.  I hope the rest of you have done so already, or are planing to do so today.  Time is short!

From the sounds of it, Santa's bringing some good stuff to you guys!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I know I'm getting excited.... We should do a Xmas in July SS too
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I got my secret Santa gift today.   It is something I don't have, and that I needed for my collection. My secret Santa did some research to figure out what I would like, and I really appreciate that.  But, how do I already know what I got?  I thought that there would be a box inside of the shipping box, possibly with Christmas paper on it, and I assumed wrong - my bad, I'll know better next year. So, I ended up opening mine early.  Anyway, thank you secret Santa.

Tom Arter
M16Indiana
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#32]
HA HA HA!

Cheater!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got my secret Santa gift today.   It is something I don't have, and that I needed for my collection. My secret Santa did some research to figure out what I would like, and I really appreciate that.  But, how do I already know what I got?  I thought that there would be a box inside of the shipping box, possibly with Christmas paper on it, and I assumed wrong - my bad, I'll know better next year. So, I ended up opening mine early.  Anyway, thank you secret Santa.

Tom Arter
M16Indiana
View Quote

So don't leave us hanging... what was it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tom Arter
M16Indiana

My secret Santa sent me a 20 round Colt circle "1" magazine - the variety with a circle, but NO "1".  As far as I know, there are three varieties of Circle "1" magazines - righside up "1" in the circle, upside down "1" in the circle, and circle with NO "1" inside.  BTW - do I win the prize for first to open their gift, lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Wow!  Sweet present!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine arrived yesterday! Only 10 days until I can open it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Tracking says mine showed up at the lucky recipient's already.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#38]
mine came but the tube (must be a broomstick) was broke open.

somethings still in there, i'll look when it's time.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Eeep! I hope your broomstick ain't broke!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Eeep! I hope your broomstick ain't broke!
View Quote

+1 i hope your broomstick is still intact
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#41]
It must be the broomstick from the broom they used to use to sweep up around the old Armalite shop!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Sending mine out today. just a few random goodies but Im sure you can use it all..... Might be a seed in there also.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sending mine out today. just a few random goodies but Im sure you can use it all..... Might be a seed in there also.
View Quote

Those SEEDS can end up costing someone MONEY!

I keep MY seed hidden from me so I am not tempted!

MY someone got their package full of turds and treasures Saturday!

Last year's "seed"!

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#44]
For someone who claims to be so put out by his "seed," you sure do bring it up/show it off a lot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Take some Mother's mag wheel polish to your "seed" and she will look great!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Take some Mother's mag wheel polish to your "seed" and she will look great!
View Quote

Dude! Ya don't just go around telling other dudes to "polish their seeds!"

I figure the oxidation is protecting the original paint and if I ever use it I will clean it up.

Santa's Government Representative delivered me a box today!

I put it under the tree and the Queen said, "It's not wrapped."

As a 26 year married man I replied without hesitation, "Well WRAP the dayumed thing then!"

OH the look she gave me!

We'll see if she wraps it cause aint NO way I'M wrapping it now!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Cut the tape carefully on the box when you open it as you will want to save the box too
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cut the tape carefully on the box when you open it as you will want to save the box too
View Quote

Ya know I THOUGHT the box looked oddly familiar!

I wonder what you are trying to make me build NOW! Maybe a box for the green grip?

I still gotta get the GX-5857 done!

The box rattles too! There SOMETHING IN THERE!

Mama told me to open it but I told her I was not allowed until Christmas. "No one will know" she says. Woman logic!
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Maybe there's something broken in there and you should open it up to make sure?

I wanted to get rid of the box so I wasn't tempted to build something else in it and just hope some bastard uhm, santa doesn't send me something requiring me to build something else.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Maybe there's something broken in there and you should open it up to make sure?

I wanted to get rid of the box so I wasn't tempted to build something else in it and just hope some bastard uhm, santa doesn't send me something requiring me to build something else.
View Quote

I can wait a few more day.

I was more the "Accessory Santa" so as not to induce a spending spree on the recipient! I think I sent maps last year.

I figure if I add to their "kit" it'll add to their entire collection!

More Junk for the Bunk!

Hope everyone else has their MAN present under the tree!

I put mine right on top of my pressure washer! (At least it's a pressure washer sized box!)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top