Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 3:33:11 PM EDT
Anyone have info or pictures of other early 601 Hand guards like the one below, the heat shield and fiberglass thickness towards the rear appear to be different than my other 601 hand guards, I bought the set a few months back, it appears to have never been painted green.

This is a picture of another hand guard I have to compare, I'm assuming its a later model.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm... very interesting!  What does the brown set with the screws in the heat shield  look like, fat or skinny? That was an original brown set too right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My other brown set are the same, so I guess they are the same vintage, I just noticed on the second set someone had drawn lightly vent holes in red ink/paint where the later hand guards have vents in the heat shield

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Mt understanding was that the red mark on them was an acceptance mark from when they were made.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen several hand guards with red numbering on the heat shield, but the markings on my brown set appear to be made to add drainage holes or reduce rear clearance, on the slip ring end you can see a red line near the edge of the heat shield, on the top left portion you can see a red U shaped mark that matches the location of a vent hole on later guards
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top