Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 7:01:51 PM EDT
Hi Folks

I can't recall where I saw it, atleast I thought i did :)
who had 1/8 twist pencil bbls with the FSB installed
that were the cat's pj's?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.fulton-armory.com/barrelfa16m4gicontourcm1x9threadedchromelined-1.aspx

The only 1:8 I remember was from Fulton, no FSB installed though.

From the link: "Ordinance-grade chrome moly steel"

You know what really burns my butt, besides a fire about this high?? Using ORDINANCE   in place of ORDNANCE. One says don't spit on the sidewalk, the other says !!BOOM!!.
Geez Louise, I'm just a simple hillbilly from Tennessee and I know the difference between ordinance and ordnance. Grumble, grumble, growl, and groan!!

Ordinance: a piece of legislation enacted by a municipal authority.

Ordnance: 1. mounted guns; artillery.                2. a branch of the armed forces dealing with the supply and storage of weapons, ammunition, and related equipment.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Green Mountain
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I used this barrel on my 1st retro build and it's a tack driver. Actually the best shooting AR I have,
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi Folks

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

In my search to make the list I only found two 1:8 barrels.
The Criterion at Fulton is the correct pencil profile,  a .223 hybrid chamber, A2 ramps (M4 on request), and a parkerized finish.
The Faxon 20" Light is their "GUNNER" profile, which is slightly thicker under the handguards and a tad thinner in front of the gas block, M4 extention, and is QPQ treated.
Neither has a FSB mounted.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Criterion at Fulton is the correct pencil profile,  a .223 hybrid chamber, A2 ramps (M4 on request), and a parkerized finish.
The Faxon 20" Light is their "GUNNER" profile, which is slightly thicker under the handguards and a tad thinner in front of the gas block, M4 extention, and is QPQ treated.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Folks

Thanks in advance!

Ah I see, could have sworn Harlan from Nodak was swinging a 1/8 twist pencil on his 711 clone,
I guess 1/9 will work too?
Thanks everyone!!

**edit, looked it up, it was Mike's 711 and it was a 1/7 twist, brain fade lol - but I was close**
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ah I see, could have sworn Harlan from Nodak was swinging a 1/8 twist pencil on his 711 clone,
Thanks everyone!!

**edit, looked it up, it was Mike's 711 and it was a 1/7 twist, brain fade lol - but I was close**
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Folks

Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone!!

If you are good with 1:9, then AR15Sport.com has two options for you, some with FSB already mounted: plain steel (parkerized of course) or nitride. They are made from 4140 chrome-moly steel, have M4 ramps, and do not include the small front sight parts. The nitride one is currently out of stock, but the parkerized is showing as ready to ship.

I am assuming you are avoiding the slower 1:12 twist because you want to shoot a larger range of projectiles?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Z-man, appreciate the info.
great summary table too.

Wanting a faster twist for a Canadian C7A2 build, I have a Colt Gov't
20" for it, but like the look of the pencil bbl so much more.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top