Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:25:59 PM EDT
How difficult is it to find an original 177 stock and two position buffer tube?  What is the current going rate? Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
vinyl acetate or anodized?  anodized is pretty tough.  i think there are 2 examples here with provenance with another one or two that were very likely to be original xm177e1 stocks.  vinyl acetate isn't that hard to find, just gotta pony up the money for it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
vinyl acetate or anodized?  anodized is pretty tough.  i think there are 2 examples here with provenance with another one or two that were very likely to be original xm177e1 stocks.  vinyl acetate isn't that hard to find, just gotta pony up the money for it.
View Quote

What kind of money are we talking about?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the coating is prone to damage easily.  you'll find them frequently peeling near the buttpad.  scratches do show easily.  used ones showing peeling/scratches will usually bring $250-$275.  a mint body will be $300+.  the 2 position tube will run you another $75-$100 depending on condition.  correct lock ring will be another $20-$25 and an early full round buffer has brought close to $100 lately but i think $50-$60 is more inline with what they are worth.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are unable to source a Colt vinyl acetate coated stock, Essential Arms has a mil-spec version with the smooth gloss finish. It does come with a 6-pos. tube, but the 2-pos. tubes (NDS-45) and NOS original Colt® CAR style lock rings (Part# SP62357) are available from Nodak Spud.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Tony's Customs has an aluminum stock on their website but I don't know how the quality is.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has any first had knowledge on these.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the coating is prone to damage easily.  you'll find them frequently peeling near the buttpad.  scratches do show easily.  used ones showing peeling/scratches will usually bring $250-$275.  a mint body will be $300+.  the 2 position tube will run you another $75-$100 depending on condition.  correct lock ring will be another $20-$25 and an early full round buffer has brought close to $100 lately but i think $50-$60 is more inline with what they are worth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS ^^^^,,, but will add that a MINT polyvinyl acetate stock body may fetch further north up to $350.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you are unable to source a Colt vinyl acetate coated stock, Essential Arms has a mil-spec version with the smooth gloss finish. It does come with a 6-pos. tube, but the 2-pos. tubes (NDS-45) and NOS original Colt® CAR style lock rings (Part# SP62357) are available from Nodak Spud.
View Quote

A two position tube and a CAR lock ring can be substituted. That's what I called and asked for.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tony's Customs has an aluminum stock on their website but I don't know how the quality is.  

View Quote

Is Tony still operating?  I ordered a fiberlite type mil-spec stock over a year ago and never got it.  For months it showed order pending; now the order is no longer in their database.  I have yet to check to see if they charged my credit card; one of those things I keep meaning to do.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is Tony still operating?  I ordered a fiberlite type mil-spec stock over a year ago and never got it.  For months it showed order pending; now the order is no longer in their database.  I have yet to check to see if they charged my credit card; one of those things I keep meaning to do.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like me.

Never could get any kind of answer from him either.

I should have known better, had I remembered, he was ''too busy'' building uppers to answer a couple simple questions at a gunshow
in Hampton, VA. (This was in '04 or '05)

One was about pricing, I actually was trying to buy something.  This even though the beat to shit stuff he did have prices on as if it were mint.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top