Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 3:42:07 AM EDT
I found this upper receiver a couple years ago, I forget exactly when.  I was planning on doing an 80% lower but it matched up so nice to this Palmetto arms lower I ended up using that instead.  The "MP C" barrel and one of the hand guards came from Boywonder777, bolt carrier is from BROvet04, several other pieces came from local friends or were found at shows, I can't remember if other members here provided parts to this project.    Right now it has a flat buckle M1 sling because I couldn't find a better matching later sling.  One guy that sells at local shows had a few perfect rusty and super nasty looking "M14" slings but would only come down to $20 from $25 each.    I have an edgewater buffer but I don't know which project will end up using it.  Buffer tube is a 601 with wrench flats cut in it, someone had cleaned it with steel wool or something and the edges of the exposed ring are bare so it makes this rifle look like it was damaged and repaired.  I really like the color of the buffer tube, I'm pretty sure I've seen that color in pictures of other "real deal" rifles.  It is really tough to find pivot pins, mag release parts, etc. that are a little rusty and match the steel parts on the upper, I don't want to change the super rusty parts on it.  I'd like to find a different slip ring, the one on it is the only part I added wear to.  

ETA: Older picture (with different lower parts) showing the bent and rusty port door, partial fence, and early coutour under the port door.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks great. Plenty of character. How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good! I have a similar project on a back burner if I could just find an appropriate upper.

FYI: that's a pre-'94 lower, you could sell it and buy like four nodak lowers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great. Plenty of character. How does it shoot?
View Quote

Agreed plus in for range report and pics!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Super nice!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I love that Palmetto lower!  Nice job.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love that Palmetto lower!  Nice job.
View Quote

X2. That lower looks great with that upper. Whole rifle looks very nice!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if JT could round the sharp edges a bit, then bead blast it with medium grit.   Then it would really cool.  On the other hand, an original, stock Palmetto XM16E1 lower is VERY retro....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice job! Pics are outstanding also!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks sweet!  I even like the little bend in the ejection port door.  Very legit!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
That is one nice looking BTDT rifle. Bravo.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top