Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 10:39:49 PM EDT
First, some disclaimers.  It ain't mine.  I don't know the dealer or any of them guys he calls friends.  And, I don't know schidt from sic'em about nuthin' to do with no Portuguese AR-10's.  It could be Lithuanian for all I know.

Observed today alleged complete AR-10 upper taged as Portuguese.  Upper receiver worn around carry handle and back edges but some finish remains.  Trigger charging handle present.  Rear sight appeared intact, but did not crank on the knob.  Red bakelite handguards complete and in reasonably decent shape as was the front vented metal handguard.  Front sight tower with adjustable gas valve and flash hider intact. Bore appeared dirty but lands visable.

I did not do a detailed examination for markings and what-not, but the upper receiver was marked on bottom edge on left hand side "Cal 7.62 - 007772".  Or thereabouts.  Light was not very good, and I had to back-track to a buddy's table to borrow a pen.  Could be off a little on that.

Price tag indicated $950.00.  Nine hundred-fifty.  Tag indicated the bolt carrier group came with, but it was not in the upper.  Presumably stashed under the table.

The dealer was quite busy talking to his buddies and I was in a time crunch so did not discuss with him.  But, I do have his business card with contact information.  Should anybody be interesed, it's in Kansas;  IM or email me for the name, phone, facebook and email.

Again, I don't know a dang thing about these critters so if that's too high or it ain't legit, don't come whining to me about it.

Revised to correct number from 00772 to 007772
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent!
Thanks for keeping an eye out!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Great heads up
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:First, some disclaimers.  It ain't mine.  I don't know the dealer or any of them guys he calls friends.  And, I don't know schidt from sic'em about nuthin' to do with no Portuguese AR-10's. It could be Lithuanian for all I know.
View Quote

And thus the myth of the ultra-rare Lithuanian AR-10 begins...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:First, some disclaimers.  It ain't mine.  I don't know the dealer or any of them guys he calls friends.  And, I don't know schidt from sic'em about nuthin' to do with no Portuguese AR-10's. It could be Lithuanian for all I know.

Remember, you heard it here first.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Email sent!
Thanks for keeping an eye out!
View Quote

Gunner if you get this I expect pics!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
go get it gunner.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
What is,or was,the "Lithuanian AR-10" ???
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very similar to the Albanian AR-10. But milled from pure unobtanium.

Just kidding Ameiro there is no Lithuanian AR-10.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just weird American humor!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:20:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  What is,or was,the "Lithuanian AR-10" ???

I KNEW it!  Tell me about the Albanian AR-10!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#11]
"...milled from pure unobtanium...",i love sarcasm.

...it was a stupid question on my part as Lithuania became part of the Soviet Union.

PS: "pure unobtanium" does it came from Ur...anus? (sorry )
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  "...milled from pure unobtanium...",i love sarcasm.

...it was a stupid question on my part as Lithuania became part of the Soviet Union.

PS: "pure unobtanium" does it came from Ur...anus? (sorry )
View Quote

Unobtanium is any material used by a manufacturer which gives amazing properties (and price) to their product, but is difficult or impossible to obtain by anyone else, making the product non-reproducible.  Since the material is difficult to obtain, the material is unobtainable, and hence is referred to unobtainium.

An example might be a very expensive but fictional AR-10 type rifle from say, 10 years ago, which was very light and had titanium upper & lower receivers, and a titanium bolt, bcg, and bbl.  Try as you might to reproduce that rifle's light weight, it would be near impossible at the time, as titanium was not often used for AR components then.  You then might have said their rifle was made  of pure unobtanium, as only the manufacturer could source that many titanium parts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Or the Elbonian AR-10, fabricated from genune mud:

Elbonia
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top