Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 3:49:10 PM EDT
any help identifying the brand of this stock would be greatly appreciated.it is aluminum with black wrinkle finish,the only mark i have found is a 4 on the right side by the adj handle..click link and view photo stream.thanks in advance for any and all help.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
any help identifying the brand of this stock would be greatly appreciated.it is aluminum with black wrinkle finish,the only mark i have found is a 4 on the right side by the adj handle.http://www.flickr.com/photos/67336620@N05/15651782620/.click link and view photo stream.thanks in advance for any and all help.
View Quote

i think these were found on early Olympic Arms/SGW/Palmetto etc...

definitely a little rougher than the colts with visible grind marks, no material removed on the body under the latch, cross hatching cut into the butt instead of recessed waffle patterns...

DSCN1996 by cz75b, on Flickr

DSCN1995 by cz75b, on Flickr

DSCN1994 by cz75b, on Flickr

DSCN1993 by cz75b, on Flickr

DSCN1992 by cz75b, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the information.as far as value is it something worth holding on to,or just throw it on a clone rifle and use it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks for the information.as far as value is it something worth holding on to,or just throw it on a clone rifle and use it?
View Quote

the only true collectible ones are the colt.  for aftermarket ones, the essential arms one have decent value since they are a close repro of the colts.  with this one, i'd just shoot it and enjoy it.  not worth a lot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks again for the help and advice so here it is installed.                                                                                                                                                                                                              
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking carbine. I have a similar stock I picked up a while ago, which came on a 3-position commercial extension and seems to be very well made. I've thought about having it powder-coated to more closely resemble the original Colt stocks but haven't priced it out yet.
       To post pictures from Flicker on AR15.com, you
need to click the "Share" button in the lower right side of the screen,
then click the BBCode link, select the size from the center drop
down menu, and finally copy the link from the bottom box and past it into the text box here.
DSCN1997 by cz75b, on Flickr

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the compliments on the rifle,but as far as the pictures go from what i've read i was under the impression i can't directly post pics until i have 50 post.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

thanks for the compliments on the rifle,but as far as the pictures go from what i've read i was under the impression i can't directly post pics until i have 50 post.
View Quote

Actually, you can post the pictures but they won't be visible to non team members right away. Team members will see them (if they're posted correctly ) and will be able to either approve, or report them in the case of inappropriate photos. Once three team members approve, the pictures will show for everyone.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#8]
ok that worked thank you very much.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top