Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i think everyone has gotten just a stripped barrel that's .625.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any new info on these? What has everyone received that ordered?

This. Mine came today. Stripped .625. Fine looking barrel. Packaged nicely too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good deal I'm still holding out hope I will get an old 625 one too  ,if it ever ships  I ordered it 8 days ago .still waiting
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'll let you know next week when I get mine. They went out of stock hours after I placed my order.

It's in Macon GA last time I checked but I don't work Saturdays so the earliest it'll be here is Monday and tracking says by Wednesday.

(I needed this barrel like I need another hole in my head!)

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrel arrived yesterday.  It is the .625" diameter.  Thanks again for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Are these ready to accept an A2 FSB, or is additional work required to cut the slots for the pins?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That Free Shipping Code was for last month and is expired. This months Brownells free shipping code is GS4, I know for a fact it works because I used it last night, and Hater's ED7 code worked last month, I used that one too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hater,

Thanks for the FREE SHIPPING code.

Best,
BC

That Free Shipping Code was for last month and is expired. This months Brownells free shipping code is GS4, I know for a fact it works because I used it last night, and Hater's ED7 code worked last month, I used that one too.

You sound like my coupon cutting mother-in-law
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are these ready to accept an A2 FSB, or is additional work required to cut the slots for the pins?
View Quote

FSB's are drilled and reamed for the pins while mounted on the barrel, these don't magically line up with pre-cut "slots".
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
FSB's are drilled and reamed for the pins while mounted on the barrel, these don't magically line up with pre-cut "slots".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PLUS an A2 FSB is .750 and won't work on these.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I feel a little silly now.  The other challenge this presents is that I have no easy or cost effective means of drilling/reaming/pinning.  Will a clamp on FSB like the one below work reasonably well?  I realize that pinning is the way to go, but considering Adco charges $130 for the service (not include the FSB), that would kind of defeat the purpose of a budget barrel build.

http://shop.deztacticalarms.com/A2-Fixed-Front-Sight-Clamp-on-625-w-Bayonet-Lug-DEZ-1035-625-GB.htm
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well I feel a little silly now.  The other challenge this presents is that I have no easy or cost effective means of drilling/reaming/pinning.  Will a clamp on FSB like the one below work reasonably well?  I realize that pinning is the way to go, but considering Adco charges $130 for the service (not include the FSB), that would kind of defeat the purpose of a budget barrel build.

http://shop.deztacticalarms.com/A2-Fixed-Front-Sight-Clamp-on-625-w-Bayonet-Lug-DEZ-1035-625-GB.htm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's a good price for that and think it should be fine.  I've used a clamp on fsb on my dissipator and have had zero issues with it.  Just make sure you tighten and use loc tite on the screws and you should be ok.  I was concerned with these that once the barrel get's hot the screws could loosen but I've been great with a beater dissy that has many downrage pops
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine yesterday and it's a beautiful barrel! .625 under the FSB.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hater,

Thanks for the FREE SHIPPING code.

Best,
BC

That was good, I'll admit it Truth be told I'm a Brownells junky, I'm an addict, yep. I can't tell you how much I've spent.....I'm hooked. I spend hours memorizing SKU's for fun so I can impress Sue and Robin when I call. I'm not even a name anymore I'm Customer #1410850.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I got mine  looks nice .625  gb.   my feed ramps are polished is everyone's ?heads up  I couldn't get mine to close on a go gage or round with multiple bolts , then I noticed all the polishing  Junk I cleaned it then it headspaces fine .
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Any leads on where to find a "Slick-Side" AR-15 Upper Receiver with the standard sized USGI front take-down pin hole for an early M16E1 type clone build?  

NDS stated that it will a long while before that will ever make them again.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Any leads on where to find a "Slick-Side" AR-15 Upper Receiver with the standard sized USGI front take-down pin hole for an early M16E1 type clone build?  

NDS stated that it will a long while before that will ever make them again.

Thanks!!
View Quote

I recommend a post in the Want To Buy - AR Related forum. The common slick Colt upper is the 604, so you may want to note that in your post.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top