Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 3:53:03 PM EDT
Today was payday and I was waiting for today to buy one of the RTI kits with a barrel. Today is also the day the RTI is sold out of them. Is there any other place that sells Kits with the barrels?  That seemed to be a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of any offering the kit with a pinned barrel now.  It was a decent decent deal for the money.

Sportsmans Guide has some parts kits, maybe a few other places?

I swear I saw these were $250 the other day, now $400?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/used-us-military-colt-m16a1-parts-kit?a=1143546
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Rti still has one listed on GB.  450 buy it now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
They were $247.  Next day looked at them and they're $359/399.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They were $247.  Next day looked at them and they're $359/399.
View Quote

Yup, i scored one for the $247. There was only like a 12 hr window to buy them at that crazy price, but they are still worth it at $400 IMO
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Lucky duck!

I was pretty excited about it, but needed to move some $ around to do it, and then when I looked the next day they had gone up.  I woulda bought 2
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Is McKay making their lower receiver or is somebody making for them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lucky duck!

I was pretty excited about it, but needed to move some $ around to do it, and then when I looked the next day they had gone up.  I woulda bought 2
View Quote

I was trying to get two as well so I could do both an a1 and a 177. I had the funds for the one so i placed it right away, and was working on a separate order that morning after moving some money around only to find out the prices had went back up. Oh well...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#9]
ThRob, have you gotten yours yet and how does it look?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ThRob, have you gotten yours yet and how does it look?
View Quote

Yes sir I have, but my wife and I just had a new baby so we're stuck in the hospital for another day while the kit sits in my office. When I get home I'll post pics before I clean everything up
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The RTI kits are back in stock with the barrel option.

Dammit! I just ordered one!

605 here I come!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

605 here I come!
View Quote

They were the same price on GB. They called me this morning and it should have never said out of stock. I went ahead and just got one off GB.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Gunthings.com  had them
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

605 here I come!
View Quote

In route. Should be here Friday since they be just across the state from me.

If the upper is chewed (like the last two kit uppers I got) I think I will try to trade two chewed for one good condition one.

The LAST thing I need is another dayum upper sitting around waiting to reproduce and multiply!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]
ThRob, congratulations on the baby and hope the wife is doing well.  Saw the pics of the kit in the other thread and looks like you got a great deal!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

605 here I come!
View Quote

My prediction is that you will love the 605. You wouldn't think a few less inches of barrel would make such a huge difference, but it feels like an entirely different weapon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My prediction is that you will love the 605. You wouldn't think a few less inches of barrel would make such a huge difference, but it feels like an entirely different weapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

605 here I come!

I never was even remotely interested in 605's until 2 things happened. 1. I bought a dissapator and set it up with an A2 upper and a fixed stock. 2. I saw a picture of your 605 and fell in love.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They were the same price on GB. They called me this morning and it should have never said out of stock. I went ahead and just got one off GB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

605 here I come!

Any link to the GB kits?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
ThRob, congratulations on the baby and hope the wife is doing well.  Saw the pics of the kit in the other thread and looks like you got a great deal!
View Quote

Thanks man, wife and new baby are great! Like I said , these kits are well worth it even at the regular price.

A+ for Sportsman's Guide
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Copied and pated from the canted FSB thread. When I looked through the small parts some pieces were missing.
Kit was from RTI off GB

Kit came today, I did good. No FSB cant, pins are flush. The handguards are newish. The buttplate is worn but not cracked. Upper has just the right amount of wear, with a little patina on the port door. My only gripe is the barrel was sticking out of the box for all to see.

Upper went together fine. The bottom of the handguards are a little uneven, but no biggie, just a pet peeve.

Missing parts from kit: Hammer, hammer spring, mag release button, one detent spring is missing and the other is not usable. The A1 buttplate screw is also missing.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top