AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 3:02:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I see someone snagged it..YW.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It has shipped to retro land already should be here Thurs./Sat. Thanks I have  been looking for one for quite some time and this one was cheaper than the last two I lost out on.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has shipped to retro land already should be here Thurs./Sat. Thanks I have  been looking for one for quite some time and this one was cheaper than the last two I lost out on.
View Quote

I'll ship you a clean DaNang whore if you
take the mount to someone with a 3D printer,
and knock out some copies.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Throw in an F4E and I will do it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:57:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the one in the auction doesn't look like it's made for an AR15.  you are looking for a copy of this one i think:

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:09:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the one in the auction doesn't look like it's made for an AR15.  you are looking for a copy of this one i think:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/jntmjt1/Capture-2.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thata what I was thinking I have some weaver mounts  a a cheap carry handle mount I was going to modify.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/jntmjt1/Capture-2.jpg

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thata what I was thinking I have some weaver mounts  a a cheap carry handle mount I was going to modify.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=570084
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Boywonder That was what was stashed in my poor memory that some one had done to make their own.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

3d printing would work great. Originals were delrin, right?   A couple of steel straps and threaded bushings...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes but I have trouble making my regular printer work let alone finding and operating a 3D printer, Being retired I have more time than money so I will work with what I have. LOL
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Braceman ,if you are reading this post and decide to build some oeg mounts, I think there is interest!!!!!!   pleases please please  put me in!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Braceman ,if you are reading this post and decide to build some oeg mounts, I think there is interest!!!!!!   pleases please please  put me in!!!!!
View Quote

Would aluminum ones work?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

this!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#14]
A new production replica "strap mount" would be a major coup!  

On the other hand, it would force me to search for a Singlepoint, the price of which would probably shoot up exponentially thanks to dudes like me, and I'd be forced to start gathering parts for a GAU-5/A clone for a Son Tay Raider build, red goggles and all!  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:49:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

On the other hand, it would force me to search for a Singlepoint, the price of which would probably shoot up exponentially thanks to dudes like me, and I'd be forced to start gathering parts for a GAU-5/A clone for a Son Tay Raider build, red goggles and all!  

~Augee
View Quote

Glad  got one before you drive up the price. I have the correct boots and fatigues that I brought home with me in 1969,
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Fat Fingers
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-british-wwii-type-b8-m1944-night-adaptation-goggle-by-polaroid.html

That reminds me, I was going to post this link for anyone wanting red M44 goggles to go with a Son Tay build.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]

I recognize those pictures and that gun.  The Singlepoint in the picture with measurements is a green dot with the white dome - new in box, although like most the power source is dead.  The one on the gun is a red or orange dot, clear globe.  I took the orange dot apart once when we were looking at how to get a new power source in, but I think most concluded that it couldn't be done.  Taking one apart and getting it back together was a mother.  I won't be doing that again.

The price has gone up about three fold in the last few years.  I don't think I paid 25 or 30 bucks for either one.

Here is the whole gun:

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I now have the single point  in my hand my part in the raid was to hide under a wheat field in Kansas with a ICBM. You talk about a happy camper I was very happy as a Aircraft Maintenance Officer in Danang and got sent to SAC and ICBM'S in Kansas.

Cool the way that dot just seems to float out there after you look at the sight for a while with the weapon shouldered.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
It is a huge dot though.  Any distance and it covers the target, although if you are shooting short range, center mass at a rather large area it works.  I never really got any real time using it, just some brief trials.  I use a public rang and it draws a lot of attention.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#21]
The dot should be 12MOA, its designed to allow the  rifle to be swung up to the shoulder and hit a man sized target FAST. Stare at it long enough and some folks see the dot wander, doesn't affect me to much.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#22]
That sounds about right.  My more modern red dots are 2 and 4 moa and sometimes even 4 is big depending on the precision.  But, the single point is for a purpose and it did it's job.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Not mine/   headsup on another singlepoint scope with red dot on Ebay # 251514527685  with a $60.00 buy it now price
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not mine/   headsup on another singlepoint scope with red dot on Ebay # 251514527685  with a $60.00 buy it now price
View Quote

Gone!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm wondering if the SinglePoint sight is still bright enough to be even functional in daylight being 40 years old. The Armson seem to go south in 10 years or so. Other than for display purposes the SinglePoint don't seem practical.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if the SinglePoint sight is still bright enough to be even functional in daylight being 40 years old. The Armson seem to go south in 10 years or so. Other than for display purposes the SinglePoint don't seem practical.
View Quote

I think they still work during the daylight hours but at night they are useless.

ETA I've been waiting for a cheap deal on one with a domed front so a BIG THANKS to accurange for the tip!

Now I need the correct mount.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#27]
SInglepoints are totally functional in daylight. I still haven't found any evidence (I have taken one apart) other than the one story about Son Tay that even mentions tritium or glow in the dark. I honestly don't think they ever had tritium. SOME  Armson OEGs did, but they lost their license to handle those materials for decades.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
SInglepoints are totally functional in daylight. I still haven't found any evidence (I have taken one apart) other than the one story about Son Tay that even mentions tritium or glow in the dark. I honestly don't think they ever had tritium. SOME  Armson OEGs did, but they lost their license to handle those materials for decades.
View Quote

I'm just interested to see what an RDS looks like through red goggles.  

My very first time out "in real life" was at night - wasn't really thinking about it - every map I'd ever trained with was a red-light readable map.  

Turns out, the NATO coloration for routes on maps just happens to be red, and I was working off of a coalition map...

Popped on my red-lens reading LED - suddenly no roads.  

~Augee
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top