Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2011 1:08:10 PM EDT
The guys at the local Leigion Club are having a district meeting this weekend and the local Comander asked me if I would put on a display of military rifles for them. I needed some kind of rack so I checked around the net and found this design. I built seven of them to hold the collection and they work very well. Whatever style rifle I loaded them up with fit just fine. I figured if someone else needs a rack here are the plans.

Here are few of them loaded up to show how well the racks accept them.(here is the retros to make the post retro-legal, pay no attention to the A2, it's NOT retro).

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice rack, Thanks for sharing. Dan nice collection to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice rack

Oh my...  

Yeah, I copied the plan. Thanx!  

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
very nice - thanks for sharing this and your collection

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Alex, What is the BREN gun? for $400

That is correct Mike. The BREN gun is the coolest magazine feed LMG ever made.

What fascinates me about the Bren is it's basically a ZB26/30 which was used by the Germans, albeit in 8mm. It's weird when you start looking around - both sides sometimes used identical weapons/gear, such as 3 stick demolition bundles and P-38 can openers. (Yes, the Germans had them too.) Both sides copied the other in many ways. I'd love one mounted on a pintle in the back of my Tacom as a technical.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
very nice - thanks for sharing this and your collection

A BIG +1 !!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Great idea, and nice collection! I especially like those wooden stocked AK's.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Guts were you by chance listening to "Stairway to Heaven" when you put these together???? Nice collection,great DIY rack.Thanks for sharing Bro.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alex, What is the BREN gun? for $400

That is correct Mike. The BREN gun is the coolest magazine feed LMG ever made.

What fascinates me about the Bren is it's basically a ZB26/30 which was used by the Germans, albeit in 8mm. It's weird when you start looking around - both sides sometimes used identical weapons/gear, such as 3 stick demolition bundles and P-38 can openers. (Yes, the Germans had them too.) Both sides copied the other in many ways. I'd love one mounted on a pintle in the back of my Tacom as a technical.

Nice racks and collections.  I want an M2 on my technical, though...

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, there's three more racks full but my living room was kind of full and I couldn't get pics. The thing about these stands I like is how suprisingly sturdy and solid they are.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Guts.  Might give it a try.  Nice collection.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is how the display turned out, the fellas really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
GUTS,

A BIG thank you for taking time out of your day, and probably away from your family, to do this for the vets in your region. I'm sure they appreciate it more then you'll ever know and will be talking about how awesome your collection is for years!
Semper Fi...
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice display system! Not sure I will ever have that many guns to put on display, but if I did!
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the L1A1, but where did you ever find the black New Zealand carry handle?
I've got an Aussie SLR with an early wooden ribbed carry handle, with the ugly green one as a back up.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Very cool,thanks for sharing.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top