Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrh3:
It's time for me to to start downsizing.  Need some help on the value of these and will have more as I dig it out.

1.  Colt 30 round mags, emerald followers marked 62667a. body marked also.  These are new. No photos yet

2. Original boxes of 7 mags (new), marked (Photos below)
1005-056-2237
Magazine Assembly
7 each
DAAFOS-69-C 0007
A-10/69

3.  Original Colt AL black coated CAR stock, with original 2 position buffer tube, end plate, and castle nut.  All Colt. Photos below.
Thanks for the help.

https://i.imgur.com/UOX7xkr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2Ffl2U0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tSdalIt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/69zjGbp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BuX3FnN.jpg
View Quote

Emerald Colt 30 rd mags new are the $80-$120 range, 7 pack Colt mags are $250-$350 range, stock is $300 range with tube being $50-$75
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Continuing digging in boxes and looking for help on value:
Barrels:
Colt No 1
C MP C marked, triangle hand guard cap, rubber coated sling swivel, no assembly marks on barrel nut but is used.  No other markings on the barrel.  Barrel has some pitting but is shiny with strong rifling.  Threads are good with no issue screwing a FH on.
https://imgur.com/a/6nOj9Id

Colt No 3
C MP Chrome Bore, no barrel nut, rubber coated sling swivel, triangle hand guard cap, bore very nice, shiny, strong rifling.  Front sight base has “C”?? mark on the right side.  No barrel nut.  This barrel looks like it was fired with a Sonics type 2 point over the barrel suppressor.  Carbon crud on the barrel between the FSB and muzzle.  Threads are good with no issue screwing a FH on.
https://imgur.com/a/KxK4tSa

Colt No 4
“12” marked on the bottom side of the barrel.  “M” and triangle with “P” marked between the front sight base on right side.  Rubber coated sling swivel, triangle hand guard cap, and bore looks mint, shiny, with strong rifling.  Threads are good with no issue screwing a FH on.
https://imgur.com/a/T0lmppJ

Uppers:
Colt No 1
CH marked, Gray, small, no proof marks.  Had bolt and charging handle stored in it.  Some VERY light marks from CH and no oil.  Excellent.
https://imgur.com/a/pzwziu5

No 3
Key hole mark, no other marks, Black, rear sight, door, FA, no proof marks, some use, small ding at the edge of the ejection port.  Had bolt and charging handle stored in it.

Colt No 4
CMB marked, dark gray, Rear sight, door, FA.  Has a square w/”C”, Triangle w/ “VP”, small spot at the shell deflector, stored with bolt and charging handle.
https://imgur.com/a/f9tWHAb

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Need some assistance:  Whats it worth / how much should I ask in the EE?  

M-16a1 upper (20" pencil barrel, less than 300 rounds through it), original stock & grip?

Bolt is FN...?

Apparently it’s a Brownells barrel on an older “603” receiver if that’s any help.  

Barrel has less than 300 rounds through it!!!

Lower is GONE.  Cleaning kit & manual are GONE.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:50:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmateurLuthier] [#4]
Another Prototype appraisal request.  This one is a work in progress.  It is a replica of #11, the one with the "1" rack number painted on the magwell.  Original at Springfield Armory Museum Prototype #11.

The buttstock is a Brownells that has been foam filled and reprofiled.  The sling swivel has been removed and filled.  The buttplate has the Armalite logo (needs some cleanup).  The buttstock has been painted and hydro-dipped with a fiber weave pattern.

The grip is a Colt grip that has been dyed and painted.  The sling swivel was done by JT.

The upper and lower are Nodak.  The lower has a blem in the finish (you can see a stripe in the anodizing on the left magwell above the mag catch).  I have lightened and worn in the finish to reduce its visibility.  The upper is slightly darker than the lower (can be worn in to match - a wash of degeaser lightens these receivers to the color of the lower).  I did the engraving of the retro markings.  The selector has been welded and recut by JT to match the Prototype selector markings.  The mag catch was shortened by JT to fit the Prototype lower.  The trigger is M16 from Indiana Army Surplus.  The hammer and disconnector came out of my parts bin, not sure where I originally got them.  The engraving has been paint filled (needs a little cleanup, but the original looks like the white paint is smudged a little around the filled engraving) and the rack number "1" is painted on the right magwell.  The upper has a repro 601 door and a repro Prototype sight wheel.

The barrel is a Green Mountain 1-14.  It has a gas tube, barrel nut, and handguard endcap.  The FSB is from Braceman (no sight post installed).  The barrel collar is from either Braceman or JT (don't remember exactly).  The flash hider is from Braceman.  I don't think the Prototypes used a washer, but a knurled washer is included anyway.

Nodak handguards (they have had paint and dip tested on them, but will need to be completely refinished anyway).  I have enough hydro-dip film to complete the handguards to match the buttstock, and will include instructions on what paint color, clearcoat, etc.

Brownells Prototype 25rd magazine shortened to correct length and over-insertion hump crushed flat to allow for use in Nodak lower.

No BCG (unless a buyer wants one of the dull chrome Brownells slick-side BCGs).  If it makes a big difference, I could pull an old Colt slickside from one of my 601 builds to include.

Remaining work (recommend JT):

- JT's one piece handguard treatment.

- Pin the FSB and parkerize. Weld barrel collar to FSB (recommend JT).

- Install front sling swivel and front sight post (not included).

- Bondo the incorrect holes and drill additional holes to match the original.

- Paint and hydro-dip handguard.

- Install BCG (not included).

What would be a fair price for this work in progress?  

I had requested an appraisal of my #27 earlier (thanks for the responses) and this one is just a trip to JT for barrel/handguard work and a hydro-dipped handguard away from being a twin of that rifle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Appraisal request:

1966 SP1, all original in about 90% condition.  This is a pretty rare one with "SERIAL 07xxx".  There's no SP prefix or underscore in the serial number.

I'm guessing $2k-$2,400.  Is that in line or low/high?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
Appraisal request:

1966 SP1, all original in about 90% condition.  This is a pretty rare one with "SERIAL 07xxx".  There's no SP prefix or underscore in the serial number.

I'm guessing $2k-$2,400.  Is that in line or low/high?
View Quote

In todays market, I would say that is low.  I think $2800-$3000 would be more in line
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#7]
What’s a 70’s SP1 in ban-states worth, where are guys selling them?

Also what are early SP1 no code uppers worth with big hole, mont.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bullet-cooker] [#8]
Pick this up today and trade what do you think it’s worth in this market?
It seems Not to have been fired.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]

$1,800-$2,500

The market is a bit all over the place right now but around $2k is a safe ballpark.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:35:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Braden801] [#10]

Trying to figure out the makes on these sopmods and what they would be worth? Pretty sure the fde one is a gen 1 lmt sopmod?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanSheepDog] [#11]
Originally Posted By Braden801:
https://i.imgur.com/2JVFoUC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QDKeDJv.jpg

Trying to figure out the makes on these sopmods and what they would be worth? Pretty sure the fde one is a gen 1 lmt sopmod?
View Quote

@Braden801

This is the Retro Appraisal thread
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:03:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bucknakedracin] [#12]
Hey guys,
I’m considering letting my 601 clone build go either as a parts kit minus the lower receiver or as a complete rifle.
It’s a true 601 upper, correct front sight, green bakelite grip, hand guards and stock, charging handle, barrel, bolt release, mag catch, carrier, etc. The only part that is not true 601 is the nodak lower and misc fcg parts but they are still the correct m16 parts of the ara.
If I sell it as parts it will be as a parts kit not individual parts.
What kind of value is in the full kit or a complete rifle? I’ve been out of the game for a while.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Full parts kit, with original green furniture, with the semi flood of the Puerto Rican kits, would be about in the $3500 to $4500 price range, depending on the condition of the parts, barrel, and furniture.    You might get $5000 for a really pristine kit. Add to that the value of the receiver for a complete firearm sale.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Seeking ballpark value of an early unmarked Colt Armalite 601 bipod, has E clips on both sides. Excellent condition.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:
Seeking ballpark value of an early unmarked Colt Armalite 601 bipod, has E clips on both sides. Excellent condition.
View Quote

They go for about $200
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I will have a couple of nice Colt teardrop forward assists for sale shortly.   I bought them new in the ordnance packaging and they were stripped.   They will be sold stripped of pawl, spring and plunger just like I received them.
Fair price?
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Would anyone know what the fair market value for an Early XM16E1 upper with indent under the port door and an MVP 12 barrel (both with the original finish)?. I'm building as close to correct as possible clone for my uncle who was in the 5th Cav in 1965-66 and trying to find what I need to spend on the last two pieces
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:20:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrM1A1] [#18]
Originally Posted By abw95:
Would anyone know what the fair current market value for an Early XM16E1 upper with indent under the port door and an MVP 12 barrel (both with the original finish)?. I'm building as close to correct as possible clone for my uncle who was in the 5th Cav in 1965-66 and trying to find what I need to spend on the last two pieces
View Quote

Anywhere from $1,500 to $2,000 depending on condition
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]
What do the original 20rd waffle mags sell for these days?
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bucknakedracin:
What do the original 20rd waffle mags sell for these days?
View Quote

I’ve sold 3 in the past 2 months, all in exc cond. Prices ranged from $400-$600 ea.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Got this Colt bcg for free from a friend and I wanna know what it’s worth as well as the story behind this particular version which is “full moon” but cut short. Not as short as an SP1 but still short. Keep in mind I tried Googling info for this type of Colt design but struck out. I’m not even sure if my terminology is correct. Thanks for the help!

Pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/MlYkn9y
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By taybigco:
Got this Colt bcg for free from a friend and I wanna know what it’s worth as well as the story behind this particular version which is “full moon” but cut short. Not as short as an SP1 but still short. Keep in mind I tried Googling info for this type of Colt design but struck out. I’m not even sure if my terminology is correct. Thanks for the help!

Pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/MlYkn9y
View Quote

Does not look to be a Colt bolt or carrier.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do you say that? It’s not a C marked carrier or C marked bolt I know. The MP isn’t laser engraved it appears to be stippled. The person I got it from isn’t the type to give me incorrect info, but it’s possible he’s passing along info from whoever/wherever he got it from
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#24]
What is this upper worth? It’s kind of retro and all Colt.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Large pin Colt marked A1 upper with a C MP marked 1/7 Colt LW carbine barrel and complete with the Colt marked BCG and the original charging handle. Has the correct early port door and 6 hole carbine hand guards.

I have somebody wanting to buy it but forget what I paid for it and no idea of the current value.

TIA
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 303_enfield] [#25]
Looking for the value of a Aimpoint electronic Mark III.  Before the kids kill it on a shotgun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#26]
M16indiana agree the market is in an upward trend and $3000+ wouldn't be out of line today for 1966 SP1. Along with the 1960s SP1 the ArmaLite AR-180 has seen a substantial increase in selling prices in recent GB auctions. Recently an early low digit Costa Mesa with scope and mags went for $3700, last evening another Costa Mesa no scope and only 1 factory 20rd mag went for $3500. Suspect the just as desirable Howa AR-180 will sell in the same price range, even the much more common Sterling are getting close to $2000. Depending on condition and accessories I'd say it's a neck and neck horse race between the vintage Colt and ArmaLite.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d like to know the value of an early pre-ban DPMS lower, complete with aluminum CAR butt stock.  Missing the buffer and spring that I used on another project.  Butt stock is Bushmaster I think.

https://imgur.com/a/edxwqCc
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#28]
What is the value of a Colt CS stock in excellent condition?
Thanks
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By J2X:
Thanks
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130625/DSC_1746_jpg-1678854.JPG
View Quote

They don't come up very often, but I seem to recall seeing them go for $200 and up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By grondike:

They don't come up very often, but I seem to recall seeing them go for $200 and up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks

Agreed, anywhere from $200-$300, and have seen them sell for more.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Captain_Emo:
I’d like to know the value of an early pre-ban DPMS lower, complete with aluminum CAR butt stock.  Missing the buffer and spring that I used on another project.  Butt stock is Bushmaster I think.

https://imgur.com/a/edxwqCc
View Quote

I recently sold an early complete DPMS lower with a small issue with the plastic stock not wanting to lock up. It sold for $1225 and was item number 877682099 on gunbroker if you want to take a look.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Any ideas what this is to? And approximate value?

Thinking it might be to an M261 .22lr conversion kit.  

It was given to me and not sure what to do with it. Thanks guys.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By retroangles:
Any ideas what this is to? And approximate value?

Thinking it might be to an M261 .22lr conversion kit.  

It was given to me and not sure what to do with it. Thanks guys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/110810/0F3539A6-10A0-4D2E-B5F8-2AE37D10EE88_jpe-1684113.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/110810/2C2A5A2A-6AE7-401D-A23B-9AD3DC305443_jpe-1684115.JPG
View Quote

It is a 10 round atchisson .22 mag.  They retail for $35 new.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:47:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hetzer1] [#34]
A buddy of mine is interested in purchasing my 604 build, but I don't have a good idea on what the current value would be.  I'm not even sure what I spent building it, as I put it together back around 2009 or 2010.  Anyway, here are the salient points:

604 upper with faint "C-in-a-square" marking
C-MP-C barrel
NoDak XM16E1 lower with mid 3-digit serial number
Chrome slick-side carrier
Chrome Colt MP bolt
NOS Type D buttstock
3-prong flash hider
NOS A1 pistol grip "C" Marked
A1 port door
Grey trigger guard, mag release button, and no-tic selector
NOS seatbelt sling
Adventure Line Mag

I'd appreciate some guidance on what I should be pricing this rifle at.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#35]
What would an original Colt Armalite marked 601 bipod with type 1 pouch and M11 cleaning rod set with brush and jag bring in today’s market?

Condition 95% or better
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hetzer1:
A buddy of mine is interested in purchasing my 604 build, but I don't have a good idea on what the current value would be.  I'm not even sure what I spent building it, as I put it together back around 2009 or 2010.  Anyway, here are the salient points:

C-MP-C barrel
Chrome Colt MP bolt
NOS Type D buttstock
3-prong flash hider
A1 port door
NOS seatbelt sling
Adventure Line Mag

I'd appreciate some guidance on what I should be pricing this rifle at.  Thanks.

View Quote
I am leaning toward offering the above rifle to my friend for $1000.  Would that be about right, or am I underpricing it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I am leaning toward offering the above rifle to my friend for $1000.  Would that be about right, or am I underpricing it?
View All Quotes

C-MP-C barrel
Chrome Colt MP bolt
NOS Type D buttstock
3-prong flash hider
A1 port door
NOS seatbelt sling
Adventure Line Mag

If you parted it out you might squeeze a few more bucks out if it, but for an assembled rifle that's a good price ta friend
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Bought some XM16E1 parts off of a coworker thinking they might be rarer then what they are. Im a complete noob when it comes to retro stuff but thought it would be a fun project but wasnt able to find too many things online to help me learn but some of the kind guys from here educated me on some of my parts. I am just looking to see what these are worth, I wanted to do a retro build but now feeling a little discouraged after finding out some of the parts arent what i thought they were. Any appraisal will be helpful. Thank you!

I will post the links to my pictures as well as give the best description I can. If theres any additional pics needed I can add them!

First set of pictures

Second set of pictures

- According to a few guys on here they said the upper was likely a Sendra Upper it looks like its been painted so I cant see any forge marks if there are any. (is it a good idea to try to strip the paint?)

- Great condition M VP 12 Barrel w/ Forged FSB no rust or pitting and no scratches

-Duckbill FH is in good shape

-Handguard is in good shape with no missing teeth

-Stock seems to be in relatively good shape compared to some ive seen online.

-Grip is in fair shape

-Also a green sling, bayonet, and bipod and case no colt markings on any of them

-1x Universal Industries m16/m16a1 20 rd mag with metal follower (good shape)

-2x Colt 556 20 rd mag w/ metal follower Colt logo on one side marked MFG 1-95 other side marked restricted mil/ govt and law enforcement use only (good shape)

-3x Colt 556 Ar-15 20 rd mag w/ metal follower Colt logo nothing marked on side. the finishes on the outside seem to all be different from one another

-1x Colt "223" Ar-15 20 rd mag /w metal follower Colt logo. In really good shape

Thank you so much for any input you may have!

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Thanks

Thank you both.

Here is another seldom seen item. I appreciate ideas of current value of this match upper.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#40]
How much are the Colt 6 Hole Handguards going for now days?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#41]
How much is this receiver worth? Original Fabrique National D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Type 2 receiver made for the IDF in the 60's

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By balticgunnut:
How much is this receiver worth? Original Fabrique National D'Armes De Guerre Herstal Type 2 receiver made for the IDF in the 60's

https://i.postimg.cc/mknZBmrx/Beschriftung-links-4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G3gmFmxM/Beschriftung-rechts-4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CLZLmpvw/links-54.jpg
View Quote

Semi or FA? I want it, but I'm poor
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Colt Sporter HBar Match, large pivot pin, preban -  LN? Give me a ballpark guesstimate please. TIA
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:41:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 303_enfield:

Semi or FA? I want it, but I'm poor
View Quote

F/A
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fulautotank] [#45]

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a 602 correct slick side BCG all correct to my knowledge.

I have a "no wrench flats buffer tube" grey in good shape on the outside. Some corrosion inside, which it seems like they all have.

Purchased both items from another forum member here a couple years ago. Covid times. College student. Need the money.

Please let me know what you think they're worth...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:56:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SgtRock2] [#47]

Depends.
Can we assume it's registered?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Hello all, I have a complete 1970’s Colt M16A1 complete upper, also all of the corresponding components for the lower MINUS the lower. The lower was a registered lower and the gun was parted out after the lower had catastrophic damage being used on something it shouldn’t have...(another story for another forum). What would the complete upper be worth? I can take more pictures but here she is.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Value on an original 4 pack of Colt 20 round mags dated 10/66?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MASP7:
Value on an original 4 pack of Colt 20 round mags dated 10/66?
https://i.imgur.com/G4Lhe5B_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
View Quote

When I have sold them, they were about $250-$300.

Sometimes it came be worth opening them as they may contain circle 1 or armalite marked mags
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top