Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By boywonder777:

It's a Colt.  SP1 or later model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boywonder777:
Originally Posted By survivor45:
Can anyone identify my No Tick safety selector?
I picked this up at a gun show this weekend.
It looks like an E or an F on the back of the selector.  
<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/andyd_7/media/IMG_1579_zps6ggczo5p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a553/andyd_7/IMG_1579_zps6ggczo5p.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/andyd_7/media/IMG_1580_zpsdejpyssb.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a553/andyd_7/IMG_1580_zpsdejpyssb.png</a>

It's a Colt.  SP1 or later model.

Sweet!!
Throwing it on my R6450 9mm clone .
Thanks !
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
In my safe rests a Colt AR-15, SP1, SN SP1289xx. It has the original 16" barrel with original round handguard, birdcage flash hider, 2 position aluminum vinyl acetate stock, slick side upper which is marked C M and lower marked Colt's Firearms Division. The barrel is marked C MP Chrome Bore, BCG marked C, hammer marked 10 and what appears to be an upside down horseshoe, an original A1(?) pistol grip and a Colt 3x20 scope with leather and red felt caps. I picked up this rifle, used, back around 1980/81. As it stands right now, I'd rate it in very good+ condition, with no rust, pitting or marks, other than a few light scuffs here and there.

Can anyone here give me a very accurate assessment on it, including value? I'd be wiling to post pics later if need be.

Thanks in advance...

jd
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By pod:
In my safe rests a Colt AR-15, SP1, SN SP1289xx. It has the original 16" barrel with original round handguard, birdcage flash hider, 2 position aluminum vinyl acetate stock, slick side upper which is marked C M and lower marked Colt's Firearms Division. The barrel is marked C MP Chrome Bore, BCG marked C, hammer marked 10 and what appears to be an upside down horseshoe, an original A1(?) pistol grip and a Colt 3x20 scope with leather and red felt caps. I picked up this rifle, used, back around 1980/81. As it stands right now, I'd rate it in very good+ condition, with no rust, pitting or marks, other than a few light scuffs here and there.

Can anyone here give me a very accurate assessment on it, including value? I'd be wiling to post pics later if need be.

Thanks in advance...

jd
View Quote

Without seeing pictures, that is a tough call.  However, a ballpark figure would be $1400-2000 for the rifle, and $250-400 for the scope.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:45:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shoot1K] [#4]
Request for appraisal: Excellent plus 1980s era all original Colt M-16A1 upper receiver separated from Colt full auto lower (9 million serial number range) purchased in private sale.  Barrel marked MP Chrome Bore. Includes bolt carrier group and I also have the correct buttstock, spring and buffer (no receiver extension).  Should have the pistol grip too.  I never fired it and I think the original owner may have fired it just a few times.  Some very minor blemishes on upper likely just from storage.  Handguards are mint as is the original slip ring.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#5]
Any idea of the value of this dimpled selector? I was cleaning up and found this among my used parts, but have no need for it.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By grondike:
Any idea of the value of this dimpled selector? I was cleaning up and found this among my used parts, but have no need for it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/selector1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/selector2.jpg  
View Quote

I'd need to see a better photo of the markings on the underside of it to determine if it is original or not. If it is real, it is worth between $100 to $150.  If it is a reproduction, it is worth $20-30
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:07:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#7]

Originally Posted By M16indiana:
I'd need to see a better photo of the markings on the underside of it to determine if it is original or not. If it is real, it is worth between $100 to $150.  If it is a reproduction, it is worth $20-30
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grondike:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/selector/selector1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/selector/selector2.jpg  

Does this help? I'd be glad to get some better pics of the whole thing tomorrow, but it looks like the CE selectors shown in your ad from last year.
I bought a few full auto selectors from a seller on eBay and this one came in the batch. It wasn't sold to me as anything other than a used selector, but I'm glad I didn't grind down the fin and use it in a retro build.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Shoot1K:
Request for appraisal: Excellent plus 1980s era all original Colt M-16A1 upper receiver separated from Colt full auto lower (9 million serial number range) purchased in private sale.  Barrel marked MP Chrome Bore. Includes bolt carrier group and I also have the correct buttstock, spring and buffer (no receiver extension).  Should have the pistol grip too.  I never fired it and I think the original owner may have fired it just a few times.  Some very minor blemishes on upper likely just from storage.  Handguards are mint as is the original slip ring.

<a href="http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/Aegis305/media/IMG_1678_zpsymo6dzr9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g379/Aegis305/th_IMG_1678_zpsymo6dzr9.jpg</a>

View Quote

IN today's market, $600-$700 if minty.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Better pics of the dimpled selector.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:16:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charlie0369] [#11]
After researching/buying/more researching/posting earlier this year, i think it's time i'd ask. So what do u guys think 3 digits sp1's are worth now? The 3digit that went up for auction in may went for over $10k in RockIsland (IIRC that auction was linked on here somewhere). I've been offered quite a bit and i actually have it insured for $10k. I'll be keeping this one for a very long time. I know that values will fluctuate and will only be worth what it is to a collector. But would $10k be out of the question?

Here's mine: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/304266_SP1_data_base.html&page=6
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Charlie, that is really clean.  3 digit SP1s are like any other "collectable" firearm:  If auctioned, a collectable firearm will rise (or fall) to its market value. While I don't think your $10K insurance is excessive, it is really hard to tell without an auction to see what value it will rise to,

I sell real Estate, and market value is the intersection of what a willing seller is selling for and a will buyer is willing to pay for.  With firearms, that is best gauged in an auction in the proper venue: Julia, etc.  Personally, if I was rich, I would happily pay $9K to $10K for it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks! I surely understand valueing these things at market. Just trying to make sure my personal estimated value is not an unreasonable number. Makes for a great conversation piece. One of the first Ar-15's in civilian hands. Great peice of Americana and Colt. Story of how and whom I got this from makes for even better conversation. To think I passed on this for two months over $200! Almost let this gem slip thru my hands.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:04:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogfacedsoldier] [#14]
Originally Posted By Shoot1K:

<a href="http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/Aegis305/media/IMG_1678_zpsymo6dzr9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g379/Aegis305/th_IMG_1678_zpsymo6dzr9.jpg</a>

View Quote

Nice!  Someone stated $600-$700, which I can tell you with certainty that the quote is on the low end.  Decent kits without barrels are selling for that price.  A complete original upper in the condition you describe will pull at least $800 at auction... and could sell for considerably more.  There are few nice original kits or parts floating around, mos stuff you see is beat up and or rebuilt.  The market is strong, and there are many old school guys looking to recreate the rifles they carried as young bucks.  

Sure, exceptiknal deals pop up from time to time in marketplace ect.... but they are quickly snatched up and flipped for a profit.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok got a few new(to me) parts.
I was told this was an "M16 FCG" There are markings on the trigger but not the hammer.
Also a Auto, no tick selector switch. There are no markings on the selector switch, at all.
Are the trigger and hammer colt? And are they retro?
Same goes for the selector switch. Thanks

Looks like a C and a 7 to me.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]
That is a Colt M16 FCG.  They re running about $75 right now.  That's what I just paid for my last one, anyway.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]
My dad has a Colt AR-15, Cal..223, MODEL SP1, Ser. SP 109xxx.  No forward assist, no fence around the mag release.
Can anyone give me an estimate on what this might sell for?
No box or any other accessories. It does appear to have been fired but is in excellent condition.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imarangemaster] [#18]
Originally Posted By kaiheitai17:
My dad has a Colt AR-15, Cal..223, MODEL SP1, Ser. SP 109xxx.  No forward assist, no fence around the mag release.
Can anyone give me an estimate on what this might sell for?
No box or any other accessories. It does appear to have been fired but is in excellent condition.
Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Made in 1979, so a later one.  They are selling higher than they were, because unfortunately people are buying them to part them out: i.e. lowers to pre-ban states for $700, Upper assemblies $650, barrels alone $300-350.   Market price is about $1,000 -$1,400 + or - depending on area of the country.  You see some with fantasy price of $2400 onGunbroker, but unless it is a early one with dimpled parts and an Edgewater buffer, they are smoking crack.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 2:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1carbinekid] [#19]
What are Armalite Ar-10 waffle mags going for? I have four that need a new home. They are marked Armalite Patents Pending on the floorplates. I want an AR-10, but I also don't want to be divorced so I think ditching these will be the less painful option haha
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By m1carbinekid:
What are Armalite Ar-10 waffle mags going for? I have four that need a new home. They are marked Armalite Patents Pending on the floorplates. I want an AR-10, but I also don't want to be divorced so I think ditching these will be the less painful option haha
View Quote

They seem to sell on Gun Broker from $60 to $125 on average.  The lowest price that I have seen in the last year was $40, and the highest was $200 (didn't sell, obviously).
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:35:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mustang-cars] [#21]
I have a pre ban SGW stop sign Olympic arms rifle that I'm picking up this weekend. The serial number on the lower is A2.U12** and CAR-AR marked on it as well.  Barrel is marked SS 5.56 1X12, government profile. I assume that the SS stands for stainless steel barrel but the barrel does have a dark phosphate/milspec finish. Fixed A2 stock with the fixed carry handle upper(A2 I believe). Has the bayo lug, A2 FSB, and flash hider(assuming an A1 or A2). The flash hider is not one of the fixed flash hiders that was 3-4" long is just a standard A1 or A2.  I cant tell the barrel length but it looks like a 16" but it has a shorter set of hand guards that look very similar to a Colt 6920 in style and in length. Grip on the lower has two grooves running vertically along the grip. Sorry for the lengthy description but photobucket refuses to work. I have not seen the rifle in person yet but its supposed to be, and according to the three pics I have, looks like its in 95% condition. Any info and a value would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]
How much are the colt A1 sight kits going for nos?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bigkracka:
How much are the colt A1 sight kits going for nos?
View Quote

$40 on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/607641460
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks.  I was misled, knew I could get the straight dope here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#25]
What's the going rate on a clean MVP 12 colt barrel? With 3 prong
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By aeyoung:
What's the going rate on a clean MVP 12 colt barrel? With 3 prong
View Quote

Does it have a FSB? If it's just the barrel and 3 prong I would say around $600. If it has a cast FSB it could bring a lot higher. If it were to be put on gunbroker there is a good chance it could bring a higher price. A lot depends on how bad someone needs it when it comes to early parts. The smarter guys will chime in soon.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#27]
600 seems high for a forged FSB one, but I haven't bought one in a while.

*Assuming forged fsb
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

*Assuming forged fsb
View Quote

It could be. That was the price of the last one I saw bit maybe the buyer just really needed it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Mauser48A:

It could be. That was the price of the last one I saw bit maybe the buyer just really needed it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mauser48A:

*Assuming forged fsb

Yeah, condition makes a big difference too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Later pattern m16a1 handguards. They have drain holes and are L and R marked. Price would be around $40-50.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Retro forum rules, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#33]
In that condition, I would think closer to $20, MAYBE $30 tops, if the buyer HAD to have them
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#34]
In that condition, I would think closer to $20, MAYBE $30 tops, if the buyer HAD to have them
View Quote

I tend to agree
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#35]

*Assuming forged fsb
View Quote

Dang I was thinking $400 range. I have a couple so was needing to know
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#36]
What are real deal 601 triangle charging handles worth?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hk45shooter] [#37]
Looking for approximate values on full curve 30 rd Colt mags & a red anodized BLANK 20 rd mag.

Thanks!

ETA: To avoid further inquiries I am wanting to know approximate value so I have an idea how much to pay IF I find these. I do not own any yet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Only very early square forge SP1 uppers line up below.  I have two SP1 uppers, one early with no forge codes and square forged used on my 602 build,

and one late round forge with forge codes used on my SP1/GAU-5/P clone.

Link Posted: 1/2/2017 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#39]
If this is not the spot for it please delete my post. I picked up a lot of parts to trade off and was offered a gun in trade for some of the parts shown and just need to know what they are worth before I accept the offer.

601 Charging handle
601 bolt catch (2 of them)
601 hammers (3 of them)
601 safety
10 dimpled pivot pins
5 early ejection port door kits
NIW receiver extension nut
NIW aluminum stock latch

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#40]
Wondering the value of this A1 stripped upper. It isn't xm grey, but the color matches my dpms A2 receiver.
Thought I might trade it for a A2 upper of similar value.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Teamafx:
If this is not the spot for it please delete my post. I picked up a lot of parts to trade off and was offered a gun in trade for some of the parts shown and just need to know what they are worth before I accept the offer.

601 Charging handle
601 bolt catch (2 of them)
601 hammers (3 of them)
601 safety
10 dimpled pivot pins
5 early ejection port door kits
NIW receiver extension nut
NIW aluminum stock latch

http://i65.tinypic.com/2j2febo.jpg
View Quote

If everything is real, you have between $1000 and $1500 retail in that grouping
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:30:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cdenmark] [#42]
Please help appraise.  I have 4 early 601-02 recessed checkering black pistol grips.  Probably going to GB with them so that will probably tell the real stoyr,  just don't want tp look to stupid if that's possible.

Condition varies IMO from at least very good to fair and I have an example of each. Nicest two measure 1.16inch and the other two with most wear measure  1.15inch. Will list best to worse IMO by pic top to bottom.  Thanks in advance as these need a new home and one is promised to a member here in retroland already. As usual my dungeon pics blow and 2 MP camera has seen better days.

Also should I clean and lube them or leave them in as found filthy condition. Gut says leave them alone.  I've looked under very high magnification and see no evidence of green paint.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Tech Com the upper stripped is worth a stripped A-2 Colt or FN IMO.  I just saw one sell for $150 but not worth that to me stripped but I'm a cheapster too.  Figure new C-7 is $150 plus shipping stripped when available and it's got to be worth what those are being yours is a true milspec replacement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks Good David..... Just what the Doctor ordered.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#45]
What should I expect to pay for a square forge a1 upper receiver if i ever find one ? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:09:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cdenmark] [#46]
Double apologies.  Site under construction message when submit button hit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#47]
What should I expect to pay for a square forge a1 upper receiver if i ever find one ?

Probably minimum of $300 for a decent one and not collector grade either.

Condition is key but stuff keeps going up.  IMO well upwards of $200 minimum and that won't be pristine and more than likely stripped of it's original parts unless seller hasn't kept up with the changing times.  $300 plus for a nice one would probably sell immediately with a BIN in auction setting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Seeking valuation of an early VP 602 barrel with cast FSB. No M marking, no 12, just an offstruck VP. FSB has E in circles on the sight housing. Original lock washer and 3 prong, original dimpled swivel, non-coated and roll pinned. Original finish throughout, a few scuffs and marks on the FSB but really in nice shape overall. Bore is nice and shiny with good rifling. 1:12 twist. .575" diameter forward of FSB, C marked at 12 oclock on barrel extension. Thanks for any help!

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#49]
If it doesn't have a 12 stamp are you sure it's 1:12? It looks a lot like my late 1:14 601 barrel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#50]
It is definitely 1:12
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top