BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 85
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Forager can I claim those RRA 6 hole HG's?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure.... Pm me your address.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe I did, my IM box is screwed up today though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK, just to make sure there is more FORWARD in PIF - if anyone wants a commercial buffer tube, m4 style waffle stock and black castle nut, let me know (sorry, no buffer or spring ).

As to the earlier FCG and charging handle - will get them out early next week.  Happy PIF to all.
View Quote

If no one has taken the Commercial tube and M4 stock, I'll take it.  I want an unpinned one for my M4gery when not in Californication...  IMsent
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If no one has taken the Commercial tube and M4 stock, I'll take it.  I want an unpinned one for my M4gery when not in Californication...  IMsent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, just to make sure there is more FORWARD in PIF - if anyone wants a commercial buffer tube, m4 style waffle stock and black castle nut, let me know (sorry, no buffer or spring ).

As to the earlier FCG and charging handle - will get them out early next week.  Happy PIF to all.

You got it rangemaster - will be a couple days before I can get it shipped though!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Used rifle buffer and 4 m60 belted 308 pouches Still up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, computer illiterate guy here, how do I post a picture?
I am offering a Safariland #6280 holster for a Glock 17 or 22 but don't know how to put up a picture.

ETA: I just had a thought, is this the appropriate pay it forward thread for this item or should it go in another.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Pro2ndAm I received the port door.

Thank you very much Sir!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am offering a Safariland #6280 holster for a Glock 17 or 22 but don't know how to put up a picture.

ETA: I just had a thought, is this the appropriate pay it forward thread for this item or should it go in another.
View Quote

This thread is generally for items related to the AR15/M16 platform from the late '50s to the '80s.

There is also a PIF thread in the A2 subsection for later rifles, we always appreciate someone that is willing to participate but this isn't really the place for Glock items.

I'd suggest starting another Pay it forward thread, we can never have too many.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#11]
We put shotgun, M1 parts, Mini 14/30 parts, and Winchester M70 bolt acton rifle parts in here, hell I even put up 1911 mags. I say if the man wants to contribute, let him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We put shotgun, M1 parts, Mini 14/30 parts, and Winchester M70 bolt acton rifle parts in here, hell I even put up 1911 mags. I say if the man wants to contribute, let him.
View Quote

yeah, we put all those and other parts up from time to time............usually with a disclaimer and an apology...........except for the period correct, but non AR retro. Glock isn't retro by any stretch............ALTHOUGH,  OP might not have any desire for claiming retro AR parts (the maiinstay of this thread), so he may be want to consider that. He could put up the holster thinking that he might find something usefull to him and then never see that Desert Eagle widget he wants so badly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you. Actually, I'll take it!  My Blackhawk SERPA duty holster is giving me problems!  IM sent

I will put up a nice Colt A1 pistol grip!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you. Actually, I'll take it!  My Blackhawk SERPA duty holster is giving me problems!  IM sent

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its yours, IM sent. Sorry to offend anyone. I won't post anymore glock stuff here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Let's keep this going: In case anyone missed it:

I am putting up a nice Colt M16A1 grip

Also offering a 3 pack of 30 round M16 magazine springs.  Cut them down for 20s.  In fact, if you cut them with an extra coil, they feed better....
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its yours, IM sent. Sorry to offend anyone. I won't post anymore glock stuff here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense taken.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Let's keep this going: In case anyone missed it:

I am putting up a nice Colt M16A1 grip

View Quote

I can use that..
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock stuff is fine! Lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is an oldie that was buried in my reloading supplies. Full box of 50 Remington Arms CO., INC.  Ball M1911 head stamped RA 68. Now this is not 'shootin ammo, but something for the retro brother that likes to have sets of everything. Comes in a nice '60's era brown box with a small tear in the upper right fold.

One condition: we all know ammo is expensive to ship so if the person that takes this would be willing to help out on the shipping costs...well I would appreciate it ya can't just stick it in a USPS priority box...

]

]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Now, that's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think anyone has, or would, be offended. I was more concerned about you being dissatisfied if you were more into modern "stuff" and never had anything come up that you might be interested in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here is an oldie that was buried in my reloading supplies. Full box of 50 Remington Arms CO., INC.  Ball M1911 head stamped RA 68. Now this is not 'shootin ammo, but something for the retro brother that likes to have sets of everything. Comes in a nice '60's era brown box with a small tear in the upper right fold.

One condition: we all know ammo is expensive to ship so if the person that takes this would be willing to help out on the shipping costs...well I would appreciate it ya can't just stick it in a USPS priority box...

<a href="http://http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3443.jpg</a>]

<a href="http://http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3444.jpg</a>]
View Quote

ill take this. IM in bound if its up for grabs
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a gentle reminder to newer members.  When you take something you are supposed to put something up.  I went back half a dozen pages and there are still some folks taking and not putting anything up, or saying later and not following through.  Some of us take a lot, but we give as much or  more than we take.  This is an honor system, no one is going to banish or black-list anyone, but let's keep the spirit of "Heatnbeat's" idea alive....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Did the guy I sent that charging handle to get it?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Good rule of thumb is to always put something up if you have taken something or just put something up sometime because you want to, then you could claim something later. I like being able to get something you need for a project and give someone else something they might be needing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good rule of thumb is to always put something up if you have taken something or just put something up sometime because you want to, then you could claim something later. I like being able to get something you need for a project and give someone else something they might be needing.
View Quote

+1 I agree, this is the Pay it Forward thread, not the trade it forward thread or take it and run thread.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3443.jpg</a>]

<a href="http://http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y345/fastswift1/IMG_3444.jpg</a>]

and on its way....
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Great I have another 601 grip screw I can trade up or a a1 grip. I the only thing is they would be shipped out on Tuesday as I am out of town.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Great I have another 601 grip screw I can trade up or a a1 grip. I the only thing is they would be shipped out on Tuesday as I am out of town.
View Quote

Got the 601/602 Grip Screw Wednesday, installed it in my 602, luckily I had a washer to match. All the rest of my grip screws are the current style, parked Allen heads. Thank You.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Dan

I got my buffer nut Thursday. Thank you very much!

Still got some M7 rings left.

Got the castle nut this replaced too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just a gentle reminder to newer members.  When you take something you are supposed to put something up.  I went back half a dozen pages and there are still some folks taking and not putting anything up, or saying later and not following through.  Some of us take a lot, but we give as much or  more than we take.  This is an honor system, no one is going to banish or black-list anyone, but let's keep the spirit of "Heatnbeat's" idea alive....
View Quote

Since i feel im one of the people this is meant for id like to let yall know i have parts set aside for this thread but dont want to put them up till my situation improves and i know i can mail them out within a reasonable amount of time
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Received carbine buffer,  morg308. Now to buy a bcg and my xm17 6 we will b e complete.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#33]
How about this for an odd one. I have a nice shape rubber butt pad from a type D stock. They are pretty easy to remove if your careful. This would be a great replacement for a nice stock with a badly cracked/chipped or otherwise damaged pad.

Goes to aeyoung
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Hipshot - got the slipring the other day - looks great! I swear it has a bronze finish in the right light...

Augee - got the M14 TM - Thanks! It's the perfect pocket size reference. Now I just need an M1A...
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How about this for an odd one. I have a nice shape rubber butt pad from a type D stock. They are pretty easy to remove if your careful. This would be a great replacement for a nice stock with a badly cracked/chipped or otherwise damaged pad.
View Quote

I need that lol I'll take it IM jn bound. Still have a 601 pistol grip screw and a1 grip
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I need that lol I'll take it IM jn bound. Still have a 601 pistol grip screw and a1 grip
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's yours. Sent you an email.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hipshot - got the slipring the other day - looks great! I swear it has a bronze finish in the right light...

Augee - got the M14 TM - Thanks! It's the perfect pocket size reference. Now I just need an M1A...
View Quote

I learned a trick to turn gray sliprings a gold/bronze color, you take a bronze or copper brush and lightly scrape the entire outer surface just hard enough to cause the anodizing to take in the color from the metal. The slipring I sent you was my my first successfull attempt at making one look real good. I was going to use it but then found a slipring that's color was better suited for the gold look I was going for.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Mike 62.  Got the stock set. WOW it's awesome!  Now a have a non-pinned one for when I go up to my daughter's in Oregon (in free America)!  Thanks!  Also, thanks for the semi FCG.  Nicer trigger pull in my 602  than the M16 one I had in there.  Now I don't need to be paranoid about having an M16 FCG in my weapon (but of course I am hanging onto it!)

M16A1 grip going out Monday.  Still have the 3 pack of 30 round mag springs available.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I learned a trick to turn gray sliprings a gold/bronze color, you take a bronze or copper brush and lightly scrape the entire outer surface just hard enough to cause the anodizing to take in the color from the metal. The slipring I sent you was my my first successfull attempt at making one look real good. I was going to use it but then found a slipring that's color was better suited for the gold look I was going for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow - great tip - ever try it on a receiver? (Because I'm gonna! )
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#40]
i'll put up a rear handguard cap made for A1 Handguards cut to Mid-Length.

made of copper, duracoated Colt Gray.
IM or E Mail with info after claiming.

claimed by kygun and shipped this morning.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I know this isn't a picture thread, but just wanted to post a thank you to 13starsinax for the red dot sight!  My daughter was very excited to get it!

Quoted:
TRUGLO
red dot TB open multi blk, like new in box with all papers etc.

edit: for stock from olgunner, I put this up for grabs, thank you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll take this.... Thanks

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i'll put up a rear handguard cap made for A1 Handguards cut to Mid-Length.

<a href="http://s367.photobucket.com/user/hotdogit250/media/endcap003a_zpse5e3f79a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/endcap003a_zpse5e3f79a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s367.photobucket.com/user/hotdogit250/media/endcap002a_zps47d75cdc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/endcap002a_zps47d75cdc.jpg</a>

made of copper, duracoated Colt Gray.
IM or E Mail with info after claiming.
View Quote

I'll take it
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No,  haven't but I want to, all my Retro Receivers that aren't a part of a complete rifle(SP1 Receivers) are too expensive with original finish to try it on. Not going to try it on an original finished 602, square forged 604, Early XM16E1, etc, etc. I went from having many receivers to many less but those I do have are of high value/qualty in great condition. I do need to score a cheap run of the mil A1 upper to try this on though, like one of the 2 million CH forge coded uppers floating around for $125.00.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I know this isn't a picture thread, but just wanted to post a thank you to 13starsinax for the red dot sight!  My daughter was very excited to get it!

<a href="http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Connelly/media/500A7AFC-91F1-43AB-B8B2-CFD835D66460-5691-00000665DC3ED573_zps229d3df0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j411/Mike_Connelly/500A7AFC-91F1-43AB-B8B2-CFD835D66460-5691-00000665DC3ED573_zps229d3df0.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/Mike_Connelly/media/500A7AFC-91F1-43AB-B8B2-CFD835D66460-5691-00000665DC3ED573_zps229d3df0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j411/Mike_Connelly/500A7AFC-91F1-43AB-B8B2-CFD835D66460-5691-00000665DC3ED573_zps229d3df0.jpg</a>

Quoted:
TRUGLO

Great picure Mike, the carbine looks great with that red dot on there, your daughter is the proud owner? She looks damn happy! Have you had a chance to use the ALG-QMS trigger assembly I sent you yet? That Carbine would be a great home for that FCG with some JP Springs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
TRUGLO

Great photo Mike.  Your are a good dad!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

It DOES work but it's not real permanent like.

When I was abusing that beautiful NDS lower I found it to be more cosmetic than being an actual "finish".

It DID look good though!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#48]
JHUD, got the mag floor plates.  You rock!  Thank you sir.  I finished making the 10 rounder out of the mag body I got on PIF, and replaced to base on a GI Parsons that had the end mangled.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Great picure Mike, the carbine looks great with that red dot on there, your daughter is the proud owner? She looks damn happy! Have you had a chance to use the ALG-QMS trigger assembly I sent you yet? That Carbine would be a great home for that FCG with some JP Springs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
TRUGLO

Yes, she is the owner and she is quite happy.  A good little shooter as well - pays close attention to coaching and loves going out to the range!  

And as a matter of fact I DID put that ALG trigger in the same carbine - used standard springs for now - and it has a nice feel to it.  I haven't sprung for the JP springs yet, but its on my list (trying to finish my GUU-5/P right now).  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
TRUGLO

Most excellent! Great.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top