Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll take it !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After building ARs for more years than I want to admit I still own about a dozen nice rifles.  But I also have boxes and boxes of left over parts.  I'm going to have to start putting some of them up here.  :)

I'll take it !

but seriously if you got a box of parts, I could use a firing pin and cam if you got one of each....

send me an email, I'll buy....
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, since I see a lot of "i'll take it" and very little"I have...to give away", I'll jump start it (again).  

I have a nice matte black charging handle WITHOUT THE LATCH ASSEMBLY.  Free to a good home....
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

but seriously if you got a box of parts, I could use a firing pin and cam if you got one of each....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
After building ARs for more years than I want to admit I still own about a dozen nice rifles.  But I also have boxes and boxes of left over parts.  I'm going to have to start putting some of them up here.  :)

I'll take it !

I actually just ran into a deal I couldn't pass up.  A friend of mine came to me a few days ago and said that he had inherited an "old Colt pistol" from his grandfather.  For some reason he had disassembled it but couldn't get it back together.  He asked if would I be willing to reassemble it for him.  So even though I had no idea what this was I agreed.  A few days later he handed me a plastic baggy full of parts.  The next morning I took a look.  This "old pistol" was a pristine Model 1908 Colt Pocket Hammerless in .380!  And, aside from a little edge wear, it was truly pristine.  Like it had never been fired!  Easily 98% condition.  I immediately went to my shop and began the reassembly process where I discovered that this pistol was one of the most difficult to work on, but after a few hours and lots of research I managed to get it all back together.  Anyway, I was really impressed with this little pistol.  I decided that it would be worth an offer to buy or trade.  So I called him up and offered to build him an AR15 in exchange for this pistol.  He gladly accepted.  

Bottom line - I have already used up some of the parts in building another AR the other day.  Just a basic AR, but the parts are either new or absolutely perfect.  It's amazing how many parts I have tucked away.  Except for BCGs, which I am fresh out of, I might be able to build another complete rifle or two.  I'll need to go through and inventory all my stuff.  What's amazing is that I found four (4) cheap LPKs that I forgot I had.  I really need to get a handle on my inventory.  :)
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#5]
that's awesome.. I love parts....
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Just so we all know what a cool little blaster he got here is a picture of one.

I've always wanted one of these little buggers!

Great score Cammer!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#7]
^^^^I'll take it! ^^^^
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8347/9752507_1.jpg?v=8CD1F45607087E0

Great score Cammer!
View Quote

Thanks!  I was pretty happy with it.  The condition of the one I have is actually much better than that one.  It was a lucky find.  Not quite lucky enough to still have the box and manual though. I'll have to post a pic if you are interested in seeing it.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks!  I was pretty happy with it.  The condition of the one I have is actually much better than that one.  It was a lucky find.  Not quite lucky enough to still have the box and manual though. I'll have to post a pic if you are interested in seeing it.  

Nice pistol, buy WHY is this in the PAY IT FORWARD forum?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8347/9752507_1.jpg?v=8CD1F45607087E0

Great score Cammer!

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  

View Quote

Because there ain't nothing else going on in the PIF forum and talking about nothing is better than the thread going to archives.  If you got something to give or take then say so.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, there is the charging handle I put up (sans latch assembly), and now I will add a pair of nice CAR-15 handguards, though they are 7 hole.

Seriously guys, if we want to keep this thread alive, it needs participation.  In the past it seldom got back so far it would archive.  Part of the reason was the constant flow of parts created by people who took parts in turn putting up something in return.  This is the second or third time in the last 3 months or so, I have jumpstarted it by putting up multiple parts.  I don't think I have taken a part in more months than that.  Several others have joined in each time and put up parts after I did.  Each time however, it always tuns into a one way street.  With one or two exceptions (usually old timers on the board), we put up parts , and others take.

Since I finished my builds getting ready for the ban, I still have some stuff besides this, but I am reluctant to put it up knowing the thread is a one way flow.  Yes, I know that it is not required to put something up, but for the love of Pete, that's what keeps it going.  I started to go back and count the incomplete "i'll put something up laters", but decided not to because I would get depressed. The Moderators have been pretty generous letting us keep this board open.  Let's not screw it up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Does it have to be retro items? Or just all AR parts/accessories?
Tig
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Generally retro, AR or even retro AK, or web gear, but sometimes it is other things.  I picked up a great holster for my Glock 19.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's pretty ingenius actually, depends on the generousity of the members here, but really helps to build a sense of community.

To participate, you either offer items FREE to anyone, or if you see something offered that you NEED, you quickly and POLITELY ask for it from whoever offered it.

No money, just lots of goodwill!

The ONLY caveat here is that THIS thread was started in the Retro Forum, and thus should be focused primarily on retro parts...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someoen please expalin to me how this "pay it forward" works?

It's pretty ingenius actually, depends on the generousity of the members here, but really helps to build a sense of community.

To participate, you either offer items FREE to anyone, or if you see something offered that you NEED, you quickly and POLITELY ask for it from whoever offered it.

The ONLY caveat here is that THIS thread was started in the Retro Forum, and thus should be focused primarily on retro parts...

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Should do this for non retro also.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someoen please expalin to me how this "pay it forward" works?

Well Said!   Thank you sir.  I do agree it should be focused on retro, but understand in some  cases general militaria and gun stuff can be put up if that is all you have to repay.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the PIF threads. And understand how they work. But...
Retro parts are becoming more valuable and harder to find.
When you have to pay $8.00 to (give away) mail a part you could sell for $20.00.
It's not really worth it. Therefor Face To Face Pay It Forward is the only way retro pifs will work.
I tried to get some action going here.
I was criticized by, how I wanted to give away my parts and to whom I wanted to give them to.
So because of that guess who got my PIF?  The same guy who just gave me my PIF.
In theory this is a great idea. But haveing to pay to give away stuff does not always work.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When you have to pay $8.00 to (give away) mail a part you could sell for $20.00.
It's not really worth it. Therefor Face To Face Pay It Forward is the only way retro pifs will work.
I was criticized by, how I wanted to give away my parts and to whom I wanted to give them to.
In theory this is a great idea. But haveing to pay to give away stuff does not always work.
View Quote

What he said.....
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So that's how PIF works?  Hmmmm.....I've seen guys give away 125 dollar upper receivers and not ask for something in return, but that was an "old timer", not a new guy with his own new rules.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd be in for it if it were open to all AR stuff. That said, I can respect keeping it retro as that is where it began.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So that's how PIF works?  Hmmmm.....I've seen guys give away 125 dollar upper receivers and not ask for something in return, but that was an "old timer", not a new guy with his own new rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree Stoner!  I think the days of giving a bolt carrier, or a fire control group, or pair of triangular handguards needing minor repair, or even a complete M4 stock group (all things I have given away in the last 6 or 8 years) seem to be gone due to capitalistic instincts....  We never required that recipients of the gifts put something up, but it WAS the custom that kept the thread going.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree Stoner!  I think the days of giving a bolt carrier, or a fire control group, or pair of triangular handguards needing minor repair, or even a complete M4 stock group (all things I have given away in the last 6 or 8 years) seem to be gone due to capitalistic instincts....  We never required that recipients of the gifts put something up, but it WAS the custom that kept the thread going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I gave a Colt BC away a few pages back and insured it. No pic and it went quick.

Ive had plenty of members here send me awesome stuff for free for no reason, and not tooting my horn but I've done the same. It's fun to give when its appreciated.

Ill offer up a GM Type D stock with rusted sling swivel stud. I think it may have a small crack at the roll pin from swelling. Ill put a pic up later.
EDIT: No crack, but dang that swivel is rusted and flaking. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Ill also put up a set of L/R marked BTDT triangle hand guards. May have a crack or two and, maybe a missing tooth. They are solid though.

It will be after pay day till I can ship, Im always broke between Thanksgiving and Xmas

-Matt
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Well played!  On top of the charging handle (minus latch), the 7 hole Carbine handguards, I'll put up a bolt catch.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Because there ain't nothing else going on in the PIF forum and talking about nothing is better than the thread going to archives.  If you got something to give or take then say so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  

The PIF thread is toggled to prevent it from archiving.

We have a retro handgun thread which is also toggled to prevent archiving.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/428202_The_Retro_Handgun_Thread.html&page=6
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seriously guys, if we want to keep this thread alive, it needs participation.  In the past it seldom got back so far it would archive.  Part of the reason was the constant flow of parts created by people who took parts in turn putting up something in return.  This is the second or third time in the last 3 months or so, I have jumpstarted it by putting up multiple parts.  I don't think I have taken a part in more months than that.  Several others have joined in each time and put up parts after I did.  Each time however, it always tuns into a one way street.  With one or two exceptions (usually old timers on the board), we put up parts , and others take.

Since I finished my builds getting ready for the ban, I still have some stuff besides this, but I am reluctant to put it up knowing the thread is a one way flow.  Yes, I know that it is not required to put something up, but for the love of Pete, that's what keeps it going.  I started to go back and count the incomplete "i'll put something up laters", but decided not to because I would get depressed. The Moderators have been pretty generous letting us keep this board open.  Let's not screw it up.
View Quote

I'll admit that I've been keeping a few spare parts aside just for this thread and Secret Santa type stuff as opposed to just selling it off. I've never gotten a chance to grab anything I've needed (or if I've seen it they've been claimed) and don't want to take things I don't need for obvious reasons! Been trying to scour the EE and remember who around here sold small parts to try and find what I need instead.

But to help keep the thread moving along, I'll certainly see what I've got sitting at home that I might be able to offer up. I also don't think that having a rule about posting something to pay forward when you claim something would be out of line.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

...having a rule about posting something to pay forward when you claim something would be out of line.
View Quote
If the honest goal of that rule is to keep things moving then the opposite rule would logically have to be enforced as well.  In other words, if you post something then you need to claim something.

Except for a couple slowdowns, this thread has cruised along fairly well for a long time without needing new rules.  Is it broken?  It doesn't seem that way.  But then again the old format of ar15.com wasn't broken either and today when I logged in I spent a half hour messing with the video settings because I thought my computer glitched.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
It is not that it is required to put something up when you take something, it was just the custom, because that is what kept the forum going.  There were times in the past when I didn't immediately put up something for what I took, but my overall average (last time I checked) was 2 or 3 things put up to every one thing I took over a long period of time.  There was a time a few years ago when it seemed there were some (now departed former member(s)) would sit on their computers and literally grab everything that came up as soon as it was posted.  They seldom if ever put anything back up.  It also sucks when you give stuff away on the PIF thread and see it in the EE for sale.

With that said, I still have the following available:  I also have a couple really good items for Secret Santa

1) Forged T7075 matte black charging handle WITHOUT latch (for someone who broke a charging handle)
2) CAR-15 XM style handguards, 7 hole with liners
3) Bolt catch NOS
4) M4 style stock (only) commercial spec
5) M4 style stock (only) mil-spec
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I gave a Colt BC away a few pages back and insured it. No pic and it went quick.

Ive had plenty of members here send me awesome stuff for free for no reason, and not tooting my horn but I've done the same. It's fun to give when its appreciated.

Ill offer up a GM Type D stock with rusted sling swivel stud. I think it may have a small crack at the roll pin from swelling. Ill put a pic up later.
EDIT: No crack, but dang that swivel is rusted and flaking. http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-0596-96762.JPG

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-0598-96763.JPGhttp://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-0601-96764.JPGhttp://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-0599-96768.JPG
Ill also put up a set of L/R marked BTDT triangle hand guards. May have a crack or two and, maybe a missing tooth. They are solid though.

It will be after pay day till I can ship, Im always broke between Thanksgiving and Xmas

-Matt
View Quote

I will take the Been There Done That handguards. I could use a beat up set for a project.

In turn I'll offer up a repop CAR stock. Looks like it's for a commercial diameter tube.... maybe a model one sales?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I don't have any good spare retro stuff, that's why I've been holding off on taking anything from this thread
Finally picked this up at a fun show last week
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I will take the Been There Done That handguards. I could use a beat up set for a project.

In turn I'll offer up a repop CAR stock. Looks like it's for a commercial diameter tube.... maybe a model one sales?

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/117786/WP-20161203-13-58-26-Pro-1--98739.JPG

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/117786/WP-20161203-13-58-33-Pro-1--98741.JPG

I don't have any good spare retro stuff, that's why I've been holding off on taking anything from this thread
View Quote

Nice!  A couple coats of Gloss Black Krylon, and it will look like a Colt!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got a pair of repro 6-hole handguards, unknown manufacturer. Some scratches on them but overall good condition. They have a heat shield and seem pretty solid.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/117786/WP-20161203-13-58-26-Pro-1--98739.JPG

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/117786/WP-20161203-13-58-33-Pro-1--98741.JPG

View Quote

I would like the repro CAR stock, if it's available.  I will do some digging and see what I can find to keep this thread going.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would like the repro CAR stock, if it's available.  I will do some digging and see what I can find to keep this thread going.
View Quote

Repop stock goes to the latest patient to admitted with RBRD

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Repop stock goes to the latest patient to admitted with RBRD

View Quote

Thank you , sir!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

-Matt
View Quote

I would like these, and I'll offer up a set of Lone Star Ordnance 6 hole carbine handguards to whoever needs them. Email works best for contact.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I would like these, and I'll offer up a set of Lone Star Ordnance 6 hole carbine handguards to whoever needs them. Email works best for contact.http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210720/20161205-153510-100500.JPGhttp://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210720/20161205-153518-100501.JPG
View Quote
All yours Booze, Shoot me your info if you haven't already. 

Thanks for posting up those LSOs. those are nice hand guards!

-Matt
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I haven't been on this side of the forum for a bit, and I'm thinking I've started to miss it.

Now, I guess I'll never build that 601 I had planned, but my loss is your gain I suppose.

Up for grabs is a reproduction 601 duckbill flash hider.

I don't recall who made it but it looks good. The only thing to bear in mind is that it may take me a week or two to ship it, my work schedule has been a bit long lately.

Shoot me an IM if you need it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I would like these, and I'll offer up a set of Lone Star Ordnance 6 hole carbine handguards to whoever needs them. Email works best for contact.http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210720/20161205-153510-100500.JPGhttp://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210720/20161205-153518-100501.JPG
View Quote

I'll take the LSO guards.

I'll put up an H and R stock with H and R grip......to same person. You can post here claiming it but you need to email me too. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll take that if still available.

I've got a build that has a sloppy stock on it maybe this'll fit better.

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

All yours, I sent you an email back.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok,  did some digging, not much in retro.  But up for grabs is an A2 buttstock end plate ( no trapdoor included) new in bag with cage number and 6 black followers (look to be unused).
If you can use them, post in this thread and shoot me an IM and they are yours. Happy holidays.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll put up an H and R stock with H and R grip......to same person. You can post here claiming it but you need to email me too. thanks.
View Quote

Email sent on H&R stock and grip.Thanks
Tig

Eta: IM sent also.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#42]
The duckbill was claimed by ReconnaissanceMan via IM but he has not responded with his contact info.

I will give him one week to respond or it goes to the next in line. (Whom ever that may be.)
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#43]
thanks Sputnik.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#44]

I'll put up a Browning BDM 10 round mag. Sorry it's not retro or AR pattern, but I haven't gotten that far into this yet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Tig

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tig

It's yours TIG, email me your info.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's yours TIG, email me your info.....
View Quote

THANK YOU MUCH, SIR!!
Emailed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a extended A1 FH that live4nov PIF to me and I ended up not using so I'm passing it on.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have a extended A1 FH that live4nov PIF to me and I ended up not using so I'm passing it on.
View Quote

I would like this if available and will dig into the retro boxes this weekend to offer up something.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I would like this if available and will dig into the retro boxes this weekend to offer up something.
View Quote

It's yours send me your info.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It is not that it is required to put something up when you take something, it was just the custom, because that is what kept the forum going.  There were times in the past when I didn't immediately put up something for what I took, but my overall average (last time I checked) was 2 or 3 things put up to every one thing I took over a long period of time.  There was a time a few years ago when it seemed there were some (now departed former member(s)) would sit on their computers and literally grab everything that came up as soon as it was posted.  They seldom if ever put anything back up.  It also sucks when you give stuff away on the PIF thread and see it in the EE for sale.

With that said, I still have the following available:  I also have a couple really good items for Secret Santa

1) Forged T7075 matte black charging handle WITHOUT latch (for someone who broke a charging handle)
2) CAR-15 XM style handguards, 7 hole with liners
3) Bolt catch NOS
4) M4 style stock (only) commercial spec
View Quote

I'll take the bolt catch if still available please.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top