Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 1:21:55 PM EDT
What might cause this? I have about 200 rounds through the gun and then this happened. Almost couldn't get it out of the chamber.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah126/Fabio_Joseph_Di_Romolo/ammo_zpsukgs42bb.png
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
This is half of the old spend shell, the back half broke off. The new bullet got jammed into the half of the old shell and wedged in the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
gun show reloads?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gun show reloads?
View Quote
Yeah not sure. Had a couple issues with the batch. A few didn't cycle right either. I think its an ammo issue but not sure its not a gun issue.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a reload that split the case.  If you look at the full case it looks like it has a line around it in about the same place the first one split.  I'd do a good inspection of the rest of them before using them, if you even want to continue shooting them.

I reload my own but wouldn't consider buying reloads from anyone else, esp. someone I didn't know.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Either your chamber has an obvious weird line carved into it causing cases to break in half or the ammo is dangerous.
Inspect the chamber for a reason cases would break in half like that. If the chamber is OK then get rid of the ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top