Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2017 11:10:25 AM EDT
Im looking to build a 7.5 pistol in 5.56. The Aero Precision 7.5 seems good but I have heard mixed opinions. This will be for fun/HD. I am planning on putting on a Noveske KX3 for back pressure. If not AP what company makes a: 1) reliable then 2) reasonable cost 7.5  upper?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I was not aware that a 7.5 needs "back pressure" to operate.  At least the ones I built worked fine as is.

I used Thunder Tactical for my builds, with the stainless barrels.  Zero problems all around with excellent, accurate functioning.

https://thundertactical.com/
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Im looking to build a 7.5 pistol in 5.56. The Aero Precision 7.5 seems good but I have heard mixed opinions. This will be for fun/HD. I am planning on putting on a Noveske KX3 for back pressure. If not AP what company makes a: 1) reliable then 2) reasonable cost 7.5  upper?
View Quote

Really depends on the barrel's gas port and ammo that is used. Some are gassed correctly, some are not.
The KX3 & KX5 do create back pressure that does help with weak ammo and undergassed barrels.

A proper barrel will not need a Noveske device to mask the inherent design problems,
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really depends on the barrel's gas port and ammo that is used. Some are gassed correctly, some are not.
The KX3 & KX5 do create back pressure that does help with weak ammo and undergassed barrels.

A proper barrel will not need a Noveske device to mask the inherent design problems,
View Quote
That's true, but a lot of people say the Flaming Pig, Barking Spider, or PWS CQB really make those super shorties a lot more fun to shoot by mitigating the concussion.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The Aero complete uppers come with a ballistic advantage barrel.  They pretty good.   But a 7.5" 5.56 for home defense?  You and everybody in your house will go deaf just thinking about firing that thing indoors.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My 8" 300 blk Aero M4E1 has been GTG with carbine, H1 and T2 buffers.

AAC M16 carrier with BCM bolt.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
A few years ago I built up a 7.5" 5.56 SBR with one of Aero's barrels. I used to have a KX-3 on it and it ran fine. Recently I replaced the KX-3 with a Cookie Cutter to make it more of a range toy. So far it's been running flawlessly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]
AP stuff is GTG. All made right here in the Evergreen State, <no need for racial slurs-vermont2nd> to be found anywhere. Check out Granite Ridge Outfitters for some great prices. You can get a barreled upper assembly, or go piece by piece. GRO is in Pennsylvania, so I don't think shipping would take too long
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a big fan of my Aero build.
It's already been said, but a properly gassed gun shouldn't need a kx3 to run correctly. They do, however, make shooting a 7.5 gun much more pleasant.
When I first put mine together it had a standard birdcage on it and it was f'ing brutal, even outdoors...I couldn't imagine shooting it indoors with no hearing pro. I've shot it at an indoor range, with the flash can, wearing both plugs and "earmuffs" and the concussion will still get your attention.
I certainly wouldn't want to shoot it indoors (or out) with no hearing pro, even with the flash can.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's true, but a lot of people say the Flaming Pig, Barking Spider, or PWS CQB really make those super shorties a lot more fun to shoot by mitigating the concussion.
View Quote
That is a true statement as well. The Surefire Warden is great for directing the blast forward. There are many linear compensators that do this as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for ALL of the replies. I think that I am going to go with the AP. To the one comment about loudness indoors. When I said "HD" i really just mean "serious reliabiity." For Home Invasion issues I would grab the nearest gun I can get to and worry more about the violent felons that just kicked in the door more than my hearing. But for SHTF a very concealable gun could trump perfect ballistics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of my Aero build.
It's already been said, but a properly gassed gun shouldn't need a kx3 to run correctly. They do, however, make shooting a 7.5 gun much more pleasant.
When I first put mine together it had a standard birdcage on it and it was f'ing brutal, even outdoors...I couldn't imagine shooting it indoors with no hearing pro. I've shot it at an indoor range, with the flash can, wearing both plugs and "earmuffs" and the concussion will still get your attention.
I certainly wouldn't want to shoot it indoors (or out) with no hearing pro, even with the flash can.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60767/20170220-050815-2-230408.JPG
View Quote
What sights do you have on your pistol?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What sights do you have on your pistol?
View Quote
MagPul MBUS Pro
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Save your money and do not buy the Noveske KX3, an inexpensive steel "linear" muzzle device is GTG.
Spend your money on a Noveske Diplomat 7.5-inch barrel:
Noveske Diplomat 7.5-inch barrel
Per usual shop around and/or wait for a sale - DSG Arms usually has a good regular price.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top