Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 10:57:58 AM EDT
I have an ar pistol 10.5 inch barrel and considering adding a new optic. I had a sightmark holographic sight that was crap always sent out when I shot a few rounds. I have been considering the vortex sparc ar or wondering if I should just go up to an eotech. It's mostly a range toy but could very well be used for home defense. Any suggestions on optics would be appreciated
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi,
when building a rifle for HD (so a rifle that you must trust everytime) I think it's worth buying an high-end optic. My first choice would be a Trijicon MRO then an Aimpoint. Vortex make good optics too but I would stay between the two stated before. I have both and I never had an issue in any condition.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Stated above perfectly.

Any Aimpoint  or a MRO.

Thousands of hours of battery like.

Mount, sight in, change batteries once a year, never turn off
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My 10.5 has an Aimpoint Pro.  Tough to beat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
OP started two threads and requested that this be locked
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top