Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2017 7:32:45 PM EDT
So, I built a 7.5" 300blk pistol. I was really hoping I would have enough space to mount my AAC 762-sdn-6 suppressor. Unfortunatly, I lack about .5" or so before it will fit before hitting the carbine length rail.
I have looked around Quite a bit and am coming up empty handed looking for a 6" rail. I think I am going to have to customize something.
Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Band saw + belt sander =  any length you want. A lil touch up on the exposed end and you're in business.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I did exactly that a couple of years back, Troy Carbine Handguard, Just went and Cut it off. Most didn't even notice till I pointed it out.

Some High Heat Rustoleum and Clear paint and worked great.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
one of the other guys here uses a SDN6 on a 6.25" 300blk tucked under a URX4. I believe there was some slight modification of the can to make it fit. Attachment Attached File

I had an Omega on a 7.5" barrel tucked under a Midwest Industries SP 7.25" rail. It was big enough to overlap but I could still operate the QD mechanism. SP rail has a larger interior diameter than the URX4. 
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a left over Hogue overmold handguard from an old rifle build.

Re-purposed it to a pistol build and my AAC 556SD fits inside.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Took my rail to a cut off saw and grinder to get it square. Didn't have to cut much off but my surefire collar locks up beautifully.

Barrel is 7.5" 556 and rail is MI 7" rail.

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
 I had to cut my new Matrix rail a 1/2" to fit properly. Used a metal bandsaw and went real slow, nothing else needed but touching up of the paint.  I touched up the exposed cut using flat black barbecue paint and a Q-tip. Can't even tell. 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Related thread short forearm
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
rock river arms has some short handguards, not sure how short but i got a 4" for my 300BO SBR, ended up getting a troy after (might also have 5-6") because 4" was just too short for my gun
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Live Free Armory makes a nice 4.5" keymod handguard for $39 (or $24 for ones with minor cosmetic blems)

Picture on their website isn't really accurate, in person the finish is more matte like it's parkerized, rather than shiny anodizing.  Also the lines and edges are a lot more smooth, rather than sharp like they look in the pic

I like how the sides are longer/angled in the front (like the BCM KMR) and not just straight all the way around, like the Guntec and most of the other 4"-5" handguards

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top