Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 7:36:03 PM EDT
What should I look at for parts?  Right now I have a stripped Aero lower and a Larue MBT from their $99 sale.  I'm firm on the SB Tactical PDW brace.  I was thinking maybe an 8" barrel, but then researching I see that the actual Honey Badger used a 6".  What twist rate did it use?  Can 6" .300BO barrels be easily had? If so, do they use pistol length gas systems or something even shorter? Any good deals I should check out right now?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I would model after the newer 2.0 from the Q

I will likely be doing a PDW brace also .  

In to see some of the suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Iirc it's a suppressed barrel. My faux hb is 8"
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I purchased a Maxim Pdw brace while they were on sale for the NRA show.

Now to decide on an upper: build around a 6" barrel like the original or go with a 8"-9" factory upper (BCM, PSA, etc).

Any opinions one way or the other?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Cut the difference. I have the maxim on a aero lower and a aero COP carbine upper with a 7.5 from BA and it's been good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Might want to wait for the Tailhook mod 3:

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
One that I recently completed.

I chose a Noveske 8.5 inch barrel and it will be wearing a Griffin Recce 7 if the stamp ever clears. (Has a Pig right now)These two choices insured that it was 3-4 inches longer than the real Honey Badger. I would have gone with a KAK Baby Blonde 6 inch barrel. But the Suppressor paperwork was already in before I decided to go down this path, and it's rated for a minimum barrel length of 8 inches. All that said, I'm pretty pleased with the Maxim brace. Really shortens the whole pistol compared to the Shockwave. I tightened up the Velcro strap, and it helped make the rubber part feel more solid.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
That brace works very well
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top