AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 9:31:45 PM EDT
Anyone running a 6.5" barrel in 300 bo?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A barrel that short in 300 Blackout may not Stabilize some rounds, especially Subs. AAC  used 9" as a minimum for General round Stabilization.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A barrel that short in 300 Blackout may not Stabilize some rounds, especially Subs. AAC  used 9" as a minimum for General round Stabilization.
View Quote

Yeah, I've been researching this issue for awhile, almost cross-eyed from reading...LOL!  Gotta agree on the 9" area being more optimal for shooting both.  For the most part it looked like 8.5" was generally the shortest worth going to.  I just ordered a 9.5" 1:7 barrel from Ballistic Advantage which will mainly run suppressed, but since I reload I will probably dabble with supers also.  I just borrowed a friend's 16" 300 BO and shot it with supers and subs with and without suppressor.  I could see going with the longer barrel if shooting supers only.  

Still, if you do read a bunch of results from many different shooters, you'll get a lot of different opinions and experiences.  Some of that is probably due to different twist rates, gas port sizes, gas system lengths, and ammo.  Since I wanted almost exclusive suppressor use, I went with the 9.5, but I would have been fine with 8, 8.5, or 10.5.  While researching this I saw almost nothing about 6.5" barrels.  I think if it were the hot setup for a given use, I would have seen more about it.  But who knows?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone running a 6.5" barrel in 300 bo?
View Quote

6.75" MCX 300BO barrel here.  No problems.  

Not your typical AR barrel, though.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top